BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
True. But we dont know just what percentage of these monitors are being returned. It could be a very small percentage, similar to other monitors.

Need that info pronto !

I know how people out there say 99% of folks with there purchase are happy and not complaining on this thread..... but frankly it looks like 100% are buying it then complaining on this thread ;)

How comes theres so many people getting 2-3 RMAs and its still a dodgy screen....

Baffeled...

Associate
There does seem to be less people posting that they have received a good monitor and more people posting that they have received a bad one in the last few pages of this thread. As already mentioned, its difficult to know if the good/bad ratio has changed without knowing exact figures.

It would be interesting to know exactly which panel is inside the latest units being shipped. Perhaps there is an issue with a particular model/batch of panels.

Still more than happy with my monitor purchased 14th Dec.

Soldato
There does seem to be less people posting that they have received a good monitor and more people posting that they have received a bad one in the last few pages of this thread. As already mentioned, its difficult to know if the good/bad ratio has changed without knowing exact figures.

It would be interesting to know exactly which panel is inside the latest units being shipped. Perhaps there is an issue with a particular model/batch of panels.

Still more than happy with my monitor purchased 14th Dec.

Mine is the M402WU01 or whatever its called. Version 3.

I got a sneaky suspicion that this could be the culpritt.

Soldato
As customers, all you can do is keep returning bad panels, until you get a good one. I know its time consuming, but this will give OCUK an idea of whether this monitor is worth keeping in its inventory.

My feeling is that people with good monitors wont bother posting here. If you have a bad monitor however, then you might even go through the trouble of signing up to the forum, just to see if there is a way that it can fixed without the monitor having to be returned.

Associate
True. But we dont know just what percentage of these monitors are being returned. It could be a very small percentage, similar to other monitors.
I hope it's a small percentage as I'll be receiving a replacement one shortly and really don't want to have to return that too! If there is a problem I'll post back.

Associate
Regarding the panel, I took down the details of mine (through the rear air vents) before packing everything back in the box. It read, "M240UW01"....hope that means something to someone.

Soldato
I dont think there is any evidence to suggest that every V3 is junk. You just have to carry out your own tests on your monitor and hope its a good one.

Not suggesting otherwise.
All I am hypothesising is that the V.3 maybe a more problematic panel as opposed to the alternatives (i.e. a higher percentage of these panels compared to others).

Associate
Just got mine yeterday its a V0. No dead/stuck pixels, no backlight bleed. A great upgrade to my Vusys 22" 1680x1050.

Only problem when I hook it up to my son's PS3 via HDMI cable that came with the PS3 and an HDMI to DVI dongle that came with my HD3870's it wont display anything. The PS3 detects that there is an HDMI monitor attached, but the monitor goes to 576p mode rather than 768p or 1080p but knopws that something is being sent to it. In other words it doesn't appear to sync up properly.

Anyone know if this is a PS3 settings thing or a "feature" of this monitor?? Can I change any of the monitor settings. The Auto (1st button to the right) doesnt ever do anything and the Auto Function in the OSD is greyed out. Anyone else have this problem (if it is one???)

Thanx,

Daz

Associate
Its making me stay in and watch men rather than go out and goggle women.

I love my waste of student loan, I can't justify buying it at all, My only complaint is that the light is very very bright!

Soldato
Well I am seriously considering phoning up OCUK tomorrow and cancelling my 3rd RMA and asking for a refund. I have found a place selling the Dell E248WFP for just under £300 delivered and they have a Pixel guarantee that if one pixel is dead/stuck they will replace the monitor and it has 4 yrs guarantee. It would also compliment my existing Dell 2405 a lot better than the OCUK. Sigh decisions decisions. What would you do.

Associate
Has it been confirmed that it is not HDCP compliant? I thought that all virtually all monitors with DVI were. That would be really disapointing if it is not. I saw the question asked a few times in this thread but didn't see a reponse in my searches confirming it one way or another. And would that affect the way a PS3 works with it?

Just searched again and it looks like it is not HDCP and so wont work on a PS3. That's really ****!

Daz

Last edited:
Associate
anybody getting out of range errors on the monitor. I am suing vista 64 and an 8800 card. Sometimes i have to power cycle the monitor to get the image back. Ocasioanally its PC back to sleep mode and power cycle the PC. It does only happen when there is a graphics mode change.

Although the monitor is great as i said before the problem of not displaying the full post screen and this out of range thing is a significant problem for me.

Fortunately i can afford to get another good quality monitor next time. probably use this one as a second on *** old machine in due course.

so after 1-2 months use i give it a 7/10. Great screen only 1 dead pixel but issues as above

Back
Top Bottom