BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Hi can anyone give me the physical dimensions of this display L2442W , I need Height (with or without stand and width please. I have asked support but they cannot seem to be bothered to get one out and see what it is. Talk about not being bothered to help.

But I do hope a kind person can supply me with the details

I have limited space and need to know if it is going to fit and if it does i need two, for Video editing.

"Thank you for your webnote.

Yes it is wall mountable. I am afraid that i currently have no dimensions available.

Regards,

Sarah Spooner"

heigh 40cm width 56.5cm no stand, hope that helps

Associate
Mines going great so far too ordered 28th dec

Just wondered if anyone else has a problem with the 360 stretching a 1920 x 1080 screen so it doesn't fit on width ways, is there a way to stop it stretch and what are these reference levels?

thanks
Got my replacement today after an RMA. It is a V.3 (again) and appears fine.

As regards Xbox360 at 1920x1080, I've found that by hitting auto a few times it does eventually centre the image correctly. I kept hitting auto until the crosshair on Halo 3 was horizontally centred. I don't think it finds it as easy to find the correct position when on the dashboard though.

Does this happen with the other resolutions, too? I didn't bother trying them.

Associate
I got my monitor today - a V3, but it seems perfect, no dead pixels, etc. Vast improvement over my old CRT monitors, and TF2 at 1920*1200 is pretty awesome :D

Anything @ 1920*1200 is awesome, especially coming from a CRT. I was pleasently surpised how good this thing is.

I always thought widescreen was pointless TBH. Not any more. :D

Soldato
Anything @ 1920*1200 is awesome, especially coming from a CRT. I was pleasently surpised how good this thing is.

I always thought widescreen was pointless TBH. Not any more. :D

I went from a 19" CRT to this screen and am still very impressed. However after 2 months it doesnt look 'as' big as when i first got it out the box.:D

Associate
Send it back for RMA. Sounds like a power supply issue. It happens even on fairly expensive HD TV's so looks like you got unlucky rather than it being related to cheap manufacturing.

Yeah, Guessed id need to return it. Just need to find something to package it in as i dont have the original box anymore !,

Thanks for the help guys.

One other quick question - would it be best to contact OCUK or use the DGM number to sort a replacement ?

Cheers,

Soldato
How long have you had it for? If its been a while then DGM might be your only resort, but if its only a week or 2, then OCUK.

In fact, I would go through OCUK first anyway. If they say that without packaging the RMA wont be authorised, then go through DGM.

Associate
I've had this monitor for about 3 weeks now, I'm one of the ones who's had no problems. No dead pixels. Only the very slightest backlight bleed on the edges which is not noticeable unless you look for it. Just watched Serenity on HD DVD which has a LOT of black scenes and there was no backlight bleed noticed at all, and the blacks were as close to true black as I've seen on any tv or monitor. The colours on the whole are vivid and true to life. I've been impressed. For games it works flawlessly with my Nvidia 8800GTS. No stuttering, no ghosting. Mind you I haven't tried to run Crysis. But Half Life 2 in full res looks outstanding.

Associate
Has anyone had a stuck pixel and been able to fix it on this monitor? I've tried a few of those rapid colour flashing programs and rubbing the screen around the pixel but it hasn't worked. I think it's a stuck sub-pixel, bright red, right in the middle of the screen.

Soldato
Mine sometimes flashes real quick, as if you refresh your browser kinda. This rarely happens, today being the first time for about a week or so. A restart stops it tho, anyone know why this might be?

Associate
p2201081256sj9.jpg

just got mine, perfect :)

Associate
Just had to signup to forums, after lurking around them for a while :). Recieved my monitor today in perfect condition and my god I've never been happier. Was really put off by the size of the casing but didn't feel like splashing out for the dell.

Never even expected the screen to be so amazing to be honest. Read people having problems and hope they get them sorted so they can enjoy this screen :)

Associate
Have had mine for about 5 to 6 weeks and find it GREAT...I got one Dead Red pixel top right 1inch down 5inch from right, that i don't notice that often. NO bleed...Calibrated with a Spyder2 suite.
What I see is what I get in Print..

Associate
FAO: Panmaster

From reading through all these posts and from my own experience I would say backlight bleed isn't normal I don't have a single lighter patch when my screen is all black. I cannot fault the actual panel itself one bit.

Only problem I've found is I want to upgrade my pc even further due to crysis running at 1920 by 1200 with mostly high settings is struggling too much.

Back
Top Bottom