BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Associate
Perhaps another picture to compare against the on above? (Same ambient light levels if possible). Thanks.

I will take another couple this evening when I get off work, one in similar condition and another in low light.

I made extensive use of the monitor over the weekend and didn't see any bleed, only seemed to happen on the first day of use.

Soldato
well i sent mine back with backlight bleeding.mine was not as bad as the 1 above but still noticable.but when i got home yesterday i opened the box and my old monitor was sent back to me:confused: with a note saying they have tested it and found nothing wrong with it.but then i think me and 3 other people cant have the same eye sight problem.so i reconnected it and i could not see it anymore which is strange.so before u rma it make sure u tell them it happens now and again.but mine has gone away for now but it cost me 25 quid in total as they charge 10 quid to be sent back to u.:D

The best thing you can do is take a picture. Then, email the picture to them, requesting an RMA. Once it arrives at their shop, OCUK will know exactly what to look for. If you just RMA it "blind", then they might not spot the defect that you have found.

Associate
As promised here is a pic of the pannel now, there is only some faint bleed at the corners which aren't noticable during use.

BackLightBleed03-2.jpg

Associate
FWIW I got mine the week before Xmas and it looked like your 1st pic, perhaps not quite as bad, settled down after a few days to pretty much like your 2nd pic and hasn't changed since.

Soldato
Mine arrived today, it's massive even compared to my 19" WS, really happy with it, no dead pixels that I can see yet or any backbleed, just need to get used to the size now, the 360 looks brilliant on it too :)

Great price IMO

grrrr just noticed it's on offer this week LOL typical!!!

oh well grab it if you were having doubts, you won't be disappointed :)

Soldato
Mine arrived today, it's massive even compared to my 19" WS, really happy with it, no dead pixels that I can see yet or any backbleed, just need to get used to the size now, the 360 looks brilliant on it too :)

Great price IMO

grrrr just noticed it's on offer this week LOL typical!!!

oh well grab it if you were having doubts, you won't be disappointed :)

What the... its back on offer again?
*Goes and checks!*

Associate
Hi, could anyone post pics of interpolated pics of old Games and Movies in 4:3 format. Its important to me, because i often play old games and my graphic-card is not one of the best, so i must play them interpolated.

THX

Soldato
Hi, could anyone post pics of interpolated pics of old Games and Movies in 4:3 format. Its important to me, because i often play old games and my graphic-card is not one of the best, so i must play them interpolated.

THX

Interpolated movies, I understand, but a camera will struggle to pick this up. And by using ffdshow filter, you can convert to progressive, on the fly anyway. With regards to games, Ive never heard of these being played in an interpolated (non progressive) mode. And Ive been into PC gaming since 1998.

Just how old is your PC/video card?

Soldato
I have an x800XL card with 256 MB.

That video card is only 2.5yrs old. It wont have any problems running this monitor on the desktop.

With regards to videos/movies, you dont need to worry about running interlaced or progressive (in fact this is the first time Ive heard of someone requesting details of interpolated stuff, with respect to video cards or monitors). Videos will run fine. If you do have interlaced video and wish to run non-interlaced, then just use ffdshow.

With games, when you run them in 4:3 format, what will happen is you should end up with 2 black bars on the left and right sides of the screen, effectively forcing the screen to use the 4:3 ratio. If your video card isnt fast enough to run some video games your frame rate drops, then you can always change the resolution to a lower one. Obviously the image suffers (only slightly), but dont think that you are stuck with the native resolution - this is not the case - resolutions on TFT monitors can be changed just as easily, as on the old CRT monitors.

In fact when running games, I dont think you can even run in an interpolated mode, can you? No video card drivers or game settings that Ive seen have ever given me this option, unless you are using some very special program that allows you to do this?

Hopefully someone else will give their thoughts on this subject though, so its best you wait for someone else to confirm what I have said.

Soldato
Just to let everyone know that mine is still running strong, no problems with it, one of the best things I did, my old 17" LCD looks awful now. After my recent purchase of a 8800 GTS I am able to run many game such as The Orange Box at native resolution. The blue LED is still covered up as well.

Back
Top Bottom