BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Soldato
I was initially impressed by this screen which has no dead pixels.
Is this backlight bleed normal?
The patch to the left is quite distracting during film playback.
bleed1.jpg

Ive had the same issue PanMaster, if you look back a few pages I posted some pictures which are very similar to what you got there, especially in the top left hand corner the effect seems to be more pronounced.

I've RMA'd my panel back, and I am gutted admitedly since I was so happy with it :|

This will have been my 2nd OCUK panel, I figured I will wait for my 3rd one to be a Sammy or Dell or similar, (once prices have come down a bit more :D)

Soldato
Have had mine for about 5 to 6 weeks and find it GREAT...I got one Dead Red pixel top right 1inch down 5inch from right, that i don't notice that often. NO bleed...Calibrated with a Spyder2 suite.
What I see is what I get in Print..

anyway you can pass on your settings? as the software is expensive.

contrast/brightness/colour temps/RGB etc?

Associate
L2442WD received last week, checked out using http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

brightness (black level) 50 -- set using contrast/dark level test
contrast (white level) 69 -- set using white saturation test
gamma close to 2.2 on all 3 test bars (48%, 25%, 10%)
no visible banding on any of gradient tests
no stuck or dead pixels on any of colour panel tests
very little colour/brightness shift with viewing angle

In other words, as close to perfect as you could ask for :)

Ian

Soldato
I tried my 360 on it for the first time last night. It will display 1080p (as expected an dpreviously reported in this thread) but when playing Undertow (it was the only game I tried) it doesn't show it 'dead centre'. I'm not sure if it cuts any of the game off, but there is a black, blank space on the right and on the bottom. Any ideas?

Associate
i got a bad 1.just rma`d it.ghosting on left hand side of screen which once i noticed i couldnt stop thinking about it.just hope the next one comes is ok.

Associate
I tried my 360 on it for the first time last night. It will display 1080p (as expected an dpreviously reported in this thread) but when playing Undertow (it was the only game I tried) it doesn't show it 'dead centre'. I'm not sure if it cuts any of the game off, but there is a black, blank space on the right and on the bottom. Any ideas?
Sounds obvious, but have you hit the Auto button? Also, I have found that Auto does not work particularly well and that you need to try it several times with different images on the screen before it properly centres everything. I found that by going into the dashboard and then into one of the submenus (like network settings) before hitting Auto worked best.

Associate
registration is a bit silly, had to get on the phone in the end to do this as it refused to register it & they wanted me to fax stuff or post it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr online is soooo naff. Long story but they relented & now its registered via the phone

Soldato
Just ordered one of these babies. After going round in circles to justify spending more I plumped for my first choice...always the way isn't it?

I wanted to avoid TN (purely because it is regarded as a cheap panel type) despite being a gamer and quite a dew of you are having good experiences with this unit so I'll trust y'all!

Soldato
registration is a bit silly, had to get on the phone in the end to do this as it refused to register it & they wanted me to fax stuff or post it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr online is soooo naff. Long story but they relented & now its registered via the phone

Surely though, if you are unable to register online or forget to, it wont preclude you from getting a replacement should the monitor break down in 2yrs?

Associate
Just got mine today, hooked it up via the DVI and I have to say that I am 100% happy, no problems so far through the DVI.

I also hooked up my laptop to the RGB the image which game out was green, selecting the auto colour in the menu sorted that out :D.

Then tried my Xbox 360 on the RGB again the green was there so hit the auto colour although it had no effect, tried a few things now but can't get rid of the green :(, anyone got any ideas?

Apart from that the monitor is great and serves the purpose I primarily bought it for :D

Associate
Surely though, if you are unable to register online or forget to, it wont preclude you from getting a replacement should the monitor break down in 2yrs?

most likely not also with the accent/language barrier of the person I spoke to didnt help much, warranty info no updated & states 36 months from date of first regisistered date :D btw I'm a geordie so didnt help either lol

Associate
Was running the monitor all day yesterday with no problems, although come the evening I decided to watch a film on it and noticed some rather abnormal backlight bleed, this is only visable on black backgrounds, and was not there for the first few hours.

bleed.jpg

After reading through the tread I noticed that a few people have had similar problem and some mentioned that after further usage the bleed disapeared.

Has any one seen the bleed eventualy go or is it a case of RMA :(.

Soldato
That does look pretty bad to me, I am really tempted to go for one of these, ok seems to have been a few problems but I imagine the vast majority are problem free and we don't hear from them in this thread :)

Associate
That does look pretty bad to me, I am really tempted to go for one of these, ok seems to have been a few problems but I imagine the vast majority are problem free and we don't hear from them in this thread :)

I bought one at christmas time and it's problem free, no backlight bleed, colours are great, no dead - stuck pixels, couldn't be happier. I run it dual monitor with my viewsonic vx924 and the DGM looks better than the viewsonic. (Am driving them with an OCUK 8800GTX, again, a brilliant purchase)

Very happy.

Associate
Just a quick update, it seems that the backlight bleed has gone, can only see some very faint bleed in the corners in a dark room and that seems to be getting less. Guess the monitor just needed time to bed in.

Soldato
Just a quick update, it seems that the backlight bleed has gone, can only see some very faint bleed in the corners in a dark room and that seems to be getting less. Guess the monitor just needed time to bed in.

Perhaps another picture to compare against the on above? (Same ambient light levels if possible). Thanks.

Associate
well i sent mine back with backlight bleeding.mine was not as bad as the 1 above but still noticable.but when i got home yesterday i opened the box and my old monitor was sent back to me:confused: with a note saying they have tested it and found nothing wrong with it.but then i think me and 3 other people cant have the same eye sight problem.so i reconnected it and i could not see it anymore which is strange.so before u rma it make sure u tell them it happens now and again.but mine has gone away for now but it cost me 25 quid in total as they charge 10 quid to be sent back to u.:D

Back
Top Bottom