BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Well im defiently happy with it, in games no ghosting as far as i can see. That 1 dead pixel i have is not really apparent only on white backgrounds, gonna try running a sequence of colours tonight to try and get rid of it. It's basically like an inch or two from the top in the middle, it's not really that bad and can live with it (at least it's not in the middle of the screen).

I've been reading back through this thread all afternoon now and set mine up nicely had to alter the dpi for my poor old eyes and is now great, Well worth the money I now look at my old 19" samsung and it looks well poxy. Cant see any dead pixels and to me the stand is not a problem, if anyone's thinking of going for this monitor do it while it's at this price it's a superb bargain.

After lots of umming and arring i think im sold. Well gutted though its going to come of t.w.o the day before my pay cheque! :(

anyone want to most some more good quility pictures ? :D

Lol, cool - just waiting on a measurement of lowest vesa hole to lowest part of monitor. If its feasible i will probably go for it.

If I remember correctly when I installed mine on the wall, the centre of the 4 VESA mounting holes is 38mm above the horizontal centre line of the monitor. I made an adaptor so when I swivel from portrait to landscape it swivels on the monitors centre line axis.

So, you have a height of 400mm for the monitor.
The horizontal centreline of the monitor is obviously 200mm.
The centreline of the 4 VESA holes is 38mm above centreline so therefore 238mm from the bottom of the monitor.
The holes are VESA 75mm so you need to take half of that off which is 37.5mm off 238mm which gives you 200.5mm from the bottom of the monitor to the centre of the bottom 2 mounting holes.

Last edited:
Got my monitor today and I'm well impressed. Screen is huge, no stuck/dead pixels and colours are great after a little tweaking. Not to fussed about the stand, but I need to sort that damn LED out like everyone else.

Panel seems to be an AU-Optronics P-MVA model M240UW01 V0. I can see the sticker on the panel through the vents next to the VGA/DVI connectors.

Mine was manufactured 06/35

According to FlatpanelsDK this panel is also used in these monitors -

Acer AL2423W (widescreen) has a 24 inch 6 ms (g2g) P-MVA (AUO M240UW01 V0) panel.

BenQ FP241VW (widescreen) has a 24 inch 6 ms (g2g) P-MVA (AUO M240UW01 V0) panel.

BenQ FP241W (widescreen) has a 24 inch 8 ms (g2g) P-MVA (AUO M240UW01 V0) panel.

LG L246WP (widescreen) has a 24 inch 8 ms (g2g) P-MVA (AUO M240UW01 V0) panel.

Not bad for £ 230:D

Hi there

I've searched through the whole thread but I can't find a answer. Does this work with PS3 via HDMI? Thanks.

Hi Guys

Can someone measure the overall height of this monitor please? mine would have to fit under shelves above my desk and it looks a little tight :eek: So it would be desk surface to very top of monitor I could do with knowing :

Thanks

24_mon%20copy.jpg

Hehe, yes it's gonna be close :) It's not very deep looking at the side pics so could get away with having it just infront of the shelves at a pinch..

The resolution looks fairly high but I don't really play games, would my 6800GT cope ok with the 1920x1200 resolution? I have Windows XP if that presents any further problems.. as can't see anything above 1600x1200 in my properties box.

Back
Top Bottom