BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Mine arrived and my god its BIG, makes my 20.1 look tiny, stand is ever so slightly cheapish but the screen is stunning, so far no dead pixels or lines :)

webpages no longer need scrolled woop

Also received mine this morning.

The second is that I think my old GForce 6600 is struggling to output through DVI. I had always stuck to VGA with my previous Hitachi TFT. Through DVI I'm getting large refresh lines rolling down the screen during video or even just browsing the forums. I also had problems with the Nvidia drivers but I've had that in the past. No dead pixels though :)

I'm on VGA at the moment and it looks excellent to my eyes. Would a newer graphics card enable me to use DVI?

Had the same problem. Screen was delivered to work and i tried it on my GF FX5200 powered machine. Fine on VGA, really bad flickering on DVI.

When i got home, DVI worked fine on my 8800GT. :)

I was surprised by the quality of the VGA connection though.

Well thought I would give an update. Got my RMA screen back and all is good :) One thing that is irritating is that it does wobble more than my dell on my desk but i'll get used to it. The main reason for the Dual screen is for my 3D work, not for gaming.

Genan just contact OCUK they will come pick it up, look at it then send you out a new monitor, painless really.

Oh and pics will follow of it next to my Dell 2405.

Mine just arrived. First impressions after moving from a top of the range 22" CRT (at risk of being totally redundant):

Mine looked horrible straight out of the box, calibration soon sorted things nicely though
The monitor is great, excellent build quality for the price
Nice vivid colours
The stand is pretty poor :)
The blue light is too bright :)

Just got mine too :)

Terrible out of the box and having a little difficulty calibrating it and setting the colours up, what you all using for the set up / calibration ??

Last edited:
The warranty is listed as ‘3 year on-site collect and return.’
Does that mean that DGM collect it and return it to you at a later date? I would prefer it to be a next day collect and replace warranty as I can’t afford to be without a monitor for weeks while they fix it.

Hmmm, not sure about mine right now.
I cant quite put my finger on it....check out the pics

backlight006.jpg

The angle is slightly different and it looks a lot lighter......not really that black, and this is using Dead Pixel buddy as the black.

backlight002.jpg

But looks better here...as I move my head around this mahoosive screen I am getting quite different colour shades....almost dare I say it....like a TN panel:eek:

backlight001.jpg

Now not sure if its the surface finish that is making my eyes wonder about backlight bleed, but I guess its an improvement on the 22" pebble I had

107_0746.jpg

Best Pic of Pebble 22"

107_0741.jpg

Definate Backlight bleed evident on the Pabble.

107_0740.jpg

Perhaps its my settings....I am running the following:

Brightness 42%
Contrast 65%

User defined colours
Blue 45%
Green 39%
Red 45%

As I said earlier, I am having one or two thoughts :confused:

Last edited:
Hi there

For those who are moaning for whatever reasons, here are some facts!

OcUK does weekend specials from time to time, this is not the first time and when we do these we promote it heavily via most forums including general discussion to make sure people get to see the deal. This deal was posted in monitors, graphics, general discussion and motors.

The deal was also posted on the front page of our website and within the latest news section as well on the site. So it was very clearly advertised and made clear it was a weekend only deal.

Now OcUK was not trying to promote an unknown product, we already knew it was damn good as I actually got one out myself, put it on my desk and tested it and am still using it as I feel reluctant to put it back as its so good.

So what I actually did was inform this community about what was an absolute bargain, I tested it and confirmed it was a VA panel, I took photos of the unit in action from various angles. This is not the action of selling an unknown product, this is the action of me informing our customers what a fantastic product this truly is and that for the period of WEEKEND ONLY it will be on special offer.

So the price has not been hiked up at all, its at the original price its always been sold at which is still incredibly cheap as OcUK could easily sell this panel all day long at £269+VAT with no issues.

The people that know me on these forums know I won't recommend a product unless I believe it is good and would actually buy it myself. Thats why so many people over the weekend lept in and purchased these because they knew they were onto a good thing.

I made it clear the price would return back to normal on Monday but extended it until Monday midday to give some more a chance to get in on the deal.

I then also for those who did not want to leap in head first said I would offer the monitor again at a slight discount on This Week Only which will go live in about one hours time, it won't be as good as the weekend special for obvious reasons but it will be a damn good price for what is a fantastic piece of kit.

Thats all I have to say on the matter!

P.S. Thread title updated!

Read the whole thread up to here and I almost posted before now, I cannot believe how far you have bent over to help yet still there were some complaints, I for one have learnt something today, it's very clear you do care very much for the customers and ocuk and it has done nothing but good for me, you have gained my trust enough and have shown genuine care towards all concerned, credit to you in a sometimes difficult situation.

PS

I collect mine in the morning :D

I've been using mine since 6pm and dont want to go to bed as I'll miss it :D It's amazing, a colossal leap from my 19" tft (which was also a weekend special and a darn good bargain!!).

Gibbo, you sir, are a gent. :)

p.s. no dead pixels or any problems, I'm over the moon :)

Hi, I ordered one of these a couple of days ago, thinking I could use it for my PC and PS3 40GB. Admittedly I didn't do extensive compatibility research, but i did read through most of this thread and saw it working on xBox 360 so thought it would be fine for my PS3. I've now found out about the problems with non-HDCP displays not being compatible with the PS3 as all it's video out now requires HDCP.

Does anyone know if the DVI port is HDCP compliant? If not, it appears i need to invest in an HDFury (another £80!!!!) or one that converts the AV Component output to VGA. Does anyone know what the difference in quality is between these two options?

I'd much appreciate some advice. Cheers.

Hi,

Anyone managed to register the warranty? I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing (Confirming status - but against different model?) Sent a web note - no answer. What shall I do?

D.

I'm using 30% Brightness and 63% contrast and mine looks fine :)

Cheers for that....If I start to lower the brightness, I lose some of the contrast between the very dark / black parts of test screens.

It looks reasonable in games although in a dark area it looks more dark grey than black...I think I just need to sort out the brightness, but it doesn't look like the pic I saw earlier in the thread...completely black on a black screen.:confused:

Hi, I ordered one of these a couple of days ago, thinking I could use it for my PC and PS3 40GB. Admittedly I didn't do extensive compatibility research, but i did read through most of this thread and saw it working on xBox 360 so thought it would be fine for my PS3. I've now found out about the problems with non-HDCP displays not being compatible with the PS3 as all it's video out now requires HDCP.

Does anyone know if the DVI port is HDCP compliant? If not, it appears i need to invest in an HDFury (another £80!!!!) or one that converts the AV Component output to VGA. Does anyone know what the difference in quality is between these two options?

I'd much appreciate some advice. Cheers.

From what I know, no one has been able to confirm that this is HDCP compliant. At this point I would assume that this display is not HDCP compliant. Also, are you sure the PS3 demands HDCP compliance to work? Or are you talking strictly about Blu-ray movies that have the HDCP flag activated on them (which none, to date, have)?

Hi,

Anyone managed to register the warranty? I'm waiting and waiting and waiting and nothing (Confirming status - but against different model?) Sent a web note - no answer. What shall I do?

D.

No ones been able to register. As such, I havent even bothered. Should mine ever break down I shall register on the spot and explain that their website did not have the correct model displayed. Its highly unlikely that they wont honour the warranty on their own product, based purely on registration problems. What if you have no access to the internet or forget? Does preclude you from getting warranty service? I think not.

From what I know, no one has been able to confirm that this is HDCP compliant. At this point I would assume that this display is not HDCP compliant. Also, are you sure the PS3 demands HDCP compliance to work? Or are you talking strictly about Blu-ray movies that have the HDCP flag activated on them (which none, to date, have)?

It appears from some of the forums i've read that the PS3 is all HDCP, then some others seem to think it's only for future Blu-ray stuff. I guess I'll have to give it a go with an HDMI to DVI adapter, then work out if i need this HDFury thing. Just a bit annoying finding out i need to fork out another £80. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom