BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

Does part of your pin include an 0 because it can be either the number or letter, mine included one O and tried the number 0 but the pin was rejected so then tried the letter O and that was accepted,I presume the same could be said for a 1. sorry if it looks confusing

yes , I have both an O and S which you could mistake for 0 and 5 but my model number is 2442W not 2442WD so that could be the reason why it will not accept it. Also I now have two items that are being registered, first one as a 20" monitor and the second as a 24" one but they both show up as a 20" LCD TV!

Last edited:
I am using a BFG 8800GT with this OCuk 24" monitor through a DVI connection, however when I run 3DMark06 the resolution changes to 1280 x 800 and NOT 1280 x 1024, which is the default for 3DMark06 to run at.

At the moment I am using "Use my display's built-in scaling" in the "Flat panel scaling" settings, I have also tried "Use Nvidia scaling", "Use Nvidia scaling with fixed aspect ratio" and "Do not scale" but to no avail...is it a question of 16:10 as opposed to 4:3?

How do I get the resolution to run at 1280 x 1024 when running 3DMark?

Picked mine up today and paid £258 for it and have to say delighted with it, worth every penny and more, not anything I don't like about it and to be honest IMHO it's better than the Dell 2407 I love the lines of it and the picture quality is awesome and then some

However OcUK can do them @ £258 amazes me.

... my model number is 2442W not 2442WD so that could be the reason why it will not accept it. Also I now have two items that are being registered, first one as a 20" monitor and the second as a 24" one but they both show up as a 20" LCD TV!

Same here. PIN number is not accepted.

It doesnt worry me though as DGM will still have to honour the warranty. You shouldnt have to jump through hurdles (ie. register online), just to receive warranty cover.

Aaahhhgggg Gutted, I have found what is wrong with mine...it got worse tonight:

Faultnonuniformbacklight004.jpg

There is some sort of fault non-uniformity top left hand corner is worst, bottom left less so, but its not as evident [but if you look closely it is there] on the right hand side.

:(

How do I get another screen ?
Easier to go to the OCUK counter ? I work not too far away, well 25 miles ?

Last edited:
Got mine at noon Wednesday .
No dead pixels . It's enormous compared to my 19" Acer widescreen!
Picture after a little tweak is AMAZING . Can't wait to try Crysis.
Cost me £239 delivered . I am totally chuffed with this monitor .
Buy one now if you are still hovering . You wont regret it .
Gibbo, I salute you sir :-)

Got mine at noon Wednesday .
No dead pixels . It's enormous compared to my 19" Acer widescreen!
Picture after a little tweak is AMAZING . Can't wait to try Crysis.
Cost me £239 delivered . I am totally chuffed with this monitor .
Buy one now if you are still hovering . You wont regret it .
Gibbo, I salute you sir :-)

What "tweaking" is needed to get the most out of the monitor?

Got mine on Tuesday after a week of careful study of this forum and it seems fine except when the screen is black (Windows stand-by screen) it is black in the middle but pale in the corners! Is this a faulty monitor or is that just how they are? (It's my first flatscreen).

Mine just arrived:D No dead pixels,great stuff!!!

Having trouble registering it though:( Wont take the PIN number at all:confused:

I can see the monitor listed as L-2442WD on the list,but it just keeps giving me an error,any ideas ?

Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom