BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

So are you saying that if its not HDCP compliant and you plug your PS3 into it, you wont get any display? In otherwords you cant even play games on the thing?

Does the PS3 not have a VGA-DSUB out or does it only output to HDMI only?

I honestly cant believe that a PS3 will not work at all on monitors that are not HDCP compliant.

So are you saying that if its not HDCP compliant and you plug your PS3 into it, you wont get any display? In otherwords you cant even play games on the thing?

Does the PS3 not have a VGA-DSUB out or does it only output to HDMI only?

I honestly cant believe that a PS3 will not work at all on monitors that are not HDCP compliant.

That's what I read on some threads, and people responding saying you must have HDCP display to connect using the PS3 HDMI output. There's a component output as well, which i believe you can get a converter to VGA, that seems a lot cheaper, around £40. I'll have to have a play around once I get both systems, see if the HDMI to DVI works. Cheers.

Cheers for that....If I start to lower the brightness, I lose some of the contrast between the very dark / black parts of test screens.

It looks reasonable in games although in a dark area it looks more dark grey than black...I think I just need to sort out the brightness, but it doesn't look like the pic I saw earlier in the thread...completely black on a black screen.:confused:

I set mine up using http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

There will be some variation, screen to screen so I try only to use other peoples settings as a starting point.

you have to go through the warranty registration page, where you sign up (email adress and password) this then takes you to the page where you select the item you want to register, the 24" monitor is at the bottom of the drop down menu for model number. I registered on 3/12/07 and it's still confirming!

One thing I feel I need to add;

Why is there not a Dell or Samsung thread trying to pull them apart?

I mean the negativity about this superb monitor is just silly, like "mine has no dead pixels" "how does the warranty operate" "does it do HDMI"

I mean come on the monitor is nearly half the price of the monitors it's being compared to yet we want a better dead pixel warranty better everything!!!!!!

I just don't get it why not ask all these things of a £400 monitor where it should be expected?

I just can't get my head round some of the things that have been asked about it.

you have to go through the warranty registration page, where you sign up (email adress and password) this then takes you to the page where you select the item you want to register, the 24" monitor is at the bottom of the drop down menu for model number. I registered on 3/12/07 and it's still confirming!

Spot on Tonys, phew thanks

under LCD monitor from the drop down list L 2442WD is second from bottom, checked it about 5 times now deffo there.

I was under the impression that ours was the L 2442W. Also, when I selected this it didnt accept my PIN. On top of which, when I checked the details of the L 2442WD monitor, it states that it is a 20" monitor. Something isnt right here.

no problem jetski. sunama it took me several times to register with my pin code and I used the 20" model. I think when I registered my 17" 3yrs ago it took some time to go from confirming to confirmed, so we all might have to wait.

Must admit it's not an easy process but our model is L 2442WD as written on the box, the serial number is the pin number which is written on the box and back of monitor.

I just registerd it was not hard, selected our model L-2442WD used the serial off the back and then scratched the pin slapped it in and bam says the model is a 24" widescreen etc and 3 years warranty. :)

Tonys try yours again now I know the pin is the scratch off sticker I did mine again and instantly recognised and confirmed the warranty for 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom