BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

This is what mine is showing,

Capture-16.jpg

Jimmy1983,
I tried it once with a different model number and ended up with the same as you. Then I used the 24" model and still ended up with the same, so it could be that the only way it will register is if the model number is the exactly the same.

I've sent them three now, the first on the 27th Nov and have I had no reply to it. They do seem to be abit slow in this department or extremmely busy.

Hmm getting a bit worried now, can't quite believe people advocating reducing brightness and/or contrast, if I do that I lose the contrast between black/dark greys.

Using the test images on this page in a dark room with everything on 50% I can just make out the 1st bar on the 'Quick Contrast' test and the 1st square on the 'Contrast/Dark Level' test.

As a comparison using Brightness 35%, Contrast 65% I can just make out the 3rd bar on the 'Quick Contrast' test and the 20 square on the 'Contrast/Dark Level' test.

What does the 'A' button do? Seems to do nothing when I press it, only thing it seems to do is duplicate what the 'M' button does after I've already got the OSD up using the 'M' button.

Also got a non-uniform backlight like the pic Ademcg posted, left corners more noticable than the right ones too. Also on a white background down the edges of the monitor the image looks slightly dulled. Looking at them headon improves it a bit but still discernable, if I saw it on my CRT I'd deguass it.

As this is my first TFT I don't really know what's acceptable or not, plus points - it doesn't seem to have any dead/stuck pixels and well... it's big, not overly impressed to be honest.

I was about to order.. was on confirmation page.. typed in CV number and everything. Then got scared and ordered the cheaper (£103) 20" version! just couldn't part with that much cash for a single piece of computer hardware / equipment :(

I was about to order.. was on confirmation page.. typed in CV number and everything. Then got scared and ordered the cheaper (£103) 20" version! just couldn't part with that much cash for a single piece of computer hardware / equipment :(

:eek: No alec, you should have gone for it mate.

Let me know what the 20" is like anyway.

Just hope you don't regret passing up on the 24". Coming from a 22" CRT straight to my first LCD I couldn't be more pleased. (Apart from the registration debacle.)
They say size doesn't matter. But as far as I'm concerned, with screens it does. :D

Mine arrived this afternoon along with everything else I ordered

Well packaged, stand fitted easily and isn't as flimsy as I'd thought it would be, connected up to old PC via DVI, first impressions are wow, massive screen, the finish of the monitor is also much better than I thought, not changed any settings at all, picture quality spot on, can't see any dead pixels or image issues, all in all well pleased, don't even find the power light that distracting either

Just managed to get the £229 deal too last week, great xmas prezzie to myself :D

Now to build the new gaming rig............

Last edited:
Come on OCUK, can we have a 'last week only' price on this monitor this week please?!! :p I wanted to order last week but didn't get round to it but if i had known it would be jumping up by £30 i would have made sure i did!

:D

-edit: Ordered! Should be here on Monday!!

Last edited:
Thinking about ordering one hopefully getting a ps3 is there any chance of me using a hdmi to dvi adapter to this monitor or would it be best to order another. Any feedback would be grateful :)

Hmm getting a bit worried now, can't quite believe people advocating reducing brightness and/or contrast, if I do that I lose the contrast between black/dark greys.

Using the test images on this page in a dark room with everything on 50% I can just make out the 1st bar on the 'Quick Contrast' test and the 1st square on the 'Contrast/Dark Level' test.

i use 47 brightness, 67 contrast and i can see the first bar and the first square.

this is exactly why ive said, a few times now, to set your own monitor up uses tools such as that you've linked to. i cant quite believe that you are dismissing everybody else's results based on your own monitor.

With having the same issue as Ademcg

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=10720708&postcount=1768

Will this cause me any problems in the future? I plan to do a lot of gaming on this monitor when i have a new card.

I have to say i have not noticed it in general use so far (except on the black windows stand-by screen)

You wont have any problems, its just something your eyes will fixate on and will forever be annoying, that is why I took it back.

It will show up on any dark area of any game and anytime something is loading...constantly nagging away like a scab that needs picking.

Back
Top Bottom