BARGAIN - OcUK 24" with DVI (*VA Panel) for £179.99+VAT (This Week Only Deal!!)

I received my L2442WD on Tuesday but only had a chance to hook it up yesterday.

So you can imagine I was a little gutted (after reading the comments on this forum) when I shone my torch on the panel label to read M240uw01 V.3.

My initial reaction was to RMA it under the distant buying regs.

That was until I hooked it up.

No Dead / Stuck pixels, but there is slight backlight bleed only noticeable when windows is loading up. The rest is awesome. Great colours and beautiful bezel.

My next door neighbour came in not to long after and commented on a great looking monitor.

I purposely sat him in front of the screen and loaded windows, then Dead Pixel Buddy on Black. And asked for his comments.

He did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

As I said it is only slight backlight bleed.

So will I RMA this ……Not On Your Nelly

There is a answer to Backlight bleed when windows is loading…………
Use another operating system.:)

Few more pics from me....

Have borrowed the LG M228WA and stuck it next to the DGM for comparison, and although the brightness is a little too high (for me) on the DGM it definately looks nicer then the LG, though i love the LG very much.

Your LG looks lovely still :)

Why didnt u just turn the brightness down on the DGM though ?

I received my L2442WD on Tuesday but only had a chance to hook it up yesterday.

So you can imagine I was a little gutted (after reading the comments on this forum) when I shone my torch on the panel label to read M240uw01 V.3.

My initial reaction was to RMA it under the distant buying regs.

That was until I hooked it up.

No Dead / Stuck pixels, but there is slight backlight bleed only noticeable when windows is loading up. The rest is awesome. Great colours and beautiful bezel.

My next door neighbour came in not to long after and commented on a great looking monitor.

I purposely sat him in front of the screen and loaded windows, then Dead Pixel Buddy on Black. And asked for his comments.

He did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

As I said it is only slight backlight bleed.

So will I RMA this ……Not On Your Nelly

There is a answer to Backlight bleed when windows is loading…………
Use another operating system.:)

Or a custom boot screen ;)

Glad you're happy with the monitor :cool:

AFAIK there is nothing better/worse with v3's over v0's as there have been a few problems posted from people with each version.

Hi there happy crimbo to everyone hoping to recieve mine today. If i want to hook a ps3 to this monitor what would be the best lead ,cause decent leads aint cheap and would like the right one please help as i have my ps3 through a normal telly and it looks cack :)

Hi there happy crimbo to everyone hoping to recieve mine today. If i want to hook a ps3 to this monitor what would be the best lead ,cause decent leads aint cheap and would like the right one please help as i have my ps3 through a normal telly and it looks cack :)

DVI-HDMI lead will do the trick;) Won't carry sound though.You will need seperate cables for plugging into your speakers

Rob

Just noticed a stuck pixel on mine this morning,trying to see if i can fix it now,no big deal as its on the right side mm from the bezel

Last edited:
Got my replacement this morning and it's perfect. No dead pixels, even backlighting and it's a v.3 model as well, so well chuffed.

Still got to send the other faulty one back after xmas but not too bothered now that i got a good one.

After owning this monitor for two weeks now and keeping up to date with this thread I know a few people have had problems with this monitor and people are now worried about what panel they are getting, from my view I'm not worried what panel I've got all I know is that I've got a superb 24" widescreen monitor at the best price possible which will take a long time to be beaten. I'm well happy with mine and I'm one of them people normally if something is going to go wrong I'm the one who will get it.:D

I received mine today but to my dismay when i opened the box -christmas crack :(

(the cracks are on the screen, underneath the film. There is a dint on the film!!)

OCUK have arranged for it to be picked up for a refund. Looks like it might possibly be courier damage judging by the box.

m

Last edited:
An update on my dead pixel. I tried UDPixel to no avail :(

I phoned OcUK and asked if it could be exchanged due to the dead pixel and they said no, it has to be atleast 5 dead pixels. Im not very happy with the service :(

I understand thats most companies policies but Gibbo stated that if there are any dead pixels it could be returned under the DSA (Distance Selling Act). Thats what im disappointed about.

Back
Top Bottom