Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Associate
The story telling was incredibly lazy. Which is fine, it's just a shame.

Also, about 20 mins(maybe less) of fighting in a 2h 30min film about superheroes are you serious?!

Anybody else really excited for The Lego Batman movie? :D :D :D

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to clarify some things:
The vision of the future was confusing, since if it's the flash coming through the portal, how can he project visions of the future to Bruce, he only has super speed? Then Bruce wakes up from the vision and Flash is shouting at him, then he wakes up again, so that's 2 dreams.

Yes, essentially, they are two dreams. But The Flash doesn't just have super speed. He's connected to an entity known as the Speed Force. That's what gives him his powers (super speed, vibrating through solid objects, time travel, etc.). It's my understanding he tapped into the Speed Force to not only travel back in time, but to warn Bruce in some kind of translucent dream of the impending danger.

I got what Lex's plan was, and that he wanted to frame Superman, but what I didn't get was how a bunch of terrorists shot to death can frame Superman. They would have had to have been laser beamed or crushed to death. And using special bullets was a terrible idea, since that's what led Lois back to him. They could have used regular bullets and no-one would have known who did it.

I agree. They could have been a bit more brutal in terms of killing if they wanted to frame Superman. But that's also why Lex had his bullets specially made. Because even if Lex had used regular bullets, Lois would still have to do some investigating to find out where they came from. And you're right, maybe we would never have known who did it.

Maybe Lex had those bullets made to make it look like the terrorists were the ones shooting at Superman and the bullets bounced off him and ricocheted back to them (not the first time this has happened).

I know Clark tells Lois in the bathroom he didn't kill anyone, but how is that possible when he smashed some guy through multiple walls? Well he flew with him, but how could he prevent him being killed from that? Just being grabbed at that speed would have crushed his bones.

The theory on this one is that Superman turned around and dragged the bad guy through the walls as opposed to push him. Either way, this isn't uncommon. I've read in the comics and seen how Superman can push an ordinary human through a wall without causing too much injury to them. Enough to put them in hospital and that's about it.

Doomsday could not come back since he could not fly. Superman could have hit him with one punch and he would have flown away at constant high speed since there is no air to slow him down.

Yes, he could have. But you saw that he kept having to punch Doomsday to take him further away from Earth's atmosphere, even before the nuke came towards them. And just as the nuke was about to hit them, you could clearly see Superman holding Doomsday in a headlock and flying further away. So he tried, he really did. But the military had other ideas. Doomsday may not be able to fly, but if he can still move. Even in space.

I got the whole thing of Batman realising he had become a bad guy when he was about to kill Superman (they even had a flashback to his mum getting shot there so he saw himself in that guy's place), but what I meant was that if BOTH parties were not absolutely intent on defeating each other, then the fight loses its power. As we saw, he just mentioned his mother and that was enough to end it.

A lot more to it than just the simple case of Superman mentioning the name Martha. It was more of a psychological feeling. Especially for Batman. As Superman said to Lois before he flew to Gotham "No one stays good in this world." Because he knew that it would not be easy to make Batman understand what is happening. Simply talking to him would not have worked. They had to fight and it was only at that moment when Batman was about to kill Superman, that Superman took his chance before it was too late for him and for his mother. But, it would also have been too late for Bruce.

Caporegime
main thing that annoyed me about the film was wonder woman just kinda turning up never being explained and then just being in the fight and basically making it possible for them to win.

felt a bit shoehorned in.

Caporegime
I have added my statements to yours.

and used specially made bullets so they were not easily traced. -

surely good old fashioned untraceable AK47 rounds made in any number of licences or unlicensed factories or bought on black markets around the world would be more untraceable than unique bullets only made by one company on earth?

He didn't kill that guy in Africa.
yeah people arnt made of steel, that dude was dead and in pieces by the time he came out the other side of that wall and he says "i didn't kill them" iirc referring to the massacred people not that guy.

one thing

tewo things

Associate
Oh yeah and one other thing about Batman at the end:
I don't believe he decided not to kill anymore after his epiphany as he was about to kill Superman, since he immediately goes off and kills a bunch of guys at the warehouse where they are holding Martha.

Man of Honour
Finally saw this, it was OK but wasn't really memorable. Affleck was alright though.

Thought Aquaman etc would get more than a 2 sec cameo

Will say the WW theme was epic too

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally got around to watching this. It was ok but I thought the 3D was really poor not at all subtle. The plot was a bit meh. I like Affleck and his journey to killing Superman would have made great watching if he didn't kill nameless numberless henchman without a qualm.

This and Star Wars highlight what a fantastic job they've done with the MCU, other franchises are trying to cut corners to catch up.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Looking forward to this, really enjoyed the theatrical version so hoping this is even better with the extra stuff in it.

Soldato
Synder's films are usually better as a extended/directors cuts and have no doubt this will be the same (really enjoyed it in the cinema so looking forward to this when its released)

Associate
I enjoyed the theatrical release. It did have problems but, imo, nothing huge. Hopefully this will address them and they haven't wasted the extra 30 minutes or so on fluff?

Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that Snyder said the movie should be 4hrs, that's another hour on top of this one. Suppose they'll do a supor-duper-mega-ultimate edition in the future to milk that cow and get some more money back into the kitty.

Soldato
Who do you guys want?

Brainiac or Darkseid?

I want Brainiac :D

With Superman being temporarily dead, Darkseid wouldn't make a huge amount of sense. Sure the JLA have battled Darkseid just as they have Brainiac, but Darkseid has always been Superman's nemesis more than the JLA. Brainiac on the other hand is the JLA's nemesis.

Soldato
Who do you guys want?

Brainiac or Darkseid?

With Superman being temporarily dead, Darkseid wouldn't make a huge amount of sense. Sure the JLA have battled Darkseid just as they have Brainiac, but Darkseid has always been Superman's nemesis more than the JLA. Brainiac on the other hand is the JLA's nemesis.

A reboot.

;)

Soldato
OP
Who do you guys want?

Brainiac or Darkseid?

Actually Brainiac is Superman's nemesis more than the JLA/Darksied. Especially since he was the one who shrank the city of Kandor just before Krypton was destroyed and when Superman found out, pretty much gave Brainiac what for and save Kandor, albeit still in the bottle. Until you read World Of New Krypton, that is. :)

Full synopsis and logo revealed! Including a description of a scene between Bruce Wayne and Barry Allen on their first meeting!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/376733-new-justice-league-movie-details-revealed#/slide/1

Also, Justice League is now going to be just one movie and not two:

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/justice-league-will-one-standalone-movie-shooting-35mm/

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing graceful, pure raw brutal power. He has the correct stature for Batman. Great movie.

He moves pretty gracefully in that fight with the 20 or so goons near the end of the movie. Yes there is raw power there but watch how he moves around them and uses there own momentum against them. It's a nice combination of power and MMA style fighting.

Affleck is my favorite Batman to date, i'm heavily biased towards the comic book Batman though and he embodies it more than Bale/Keaton ever did.

Associate
Ugh, I waited over a year for this and I still haven't seen it. The reception killed it for me. Also I read a few of supes lines and wasn't impressed at all, there are so many great things in the comics and it looks like the movie hasn't captured any of them.

For example - http://m.imgur.com/gallery/Ijdxh

Something like that in the movie would have been amazing.

Back
Top Bottom