Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
Umm its makes a lot of sense, if he plays a more "nerdy" malevolent Lex, hes going to be good at it, a lot of the comics went this way, more so than that overly powerful Lex.

Soldato
Umm its makes a lot of sense, if he plays a more "nerdy" malevolent Lex, hes going to be good at it, a lot of the comics went this way, more so than that overly powerful Lex.

Kinda like the hipster nerd who's playing Harry Osbourne in Spiderman 2?
Seems like a hollywood trend thing to me tbh.

I'm not saying he'll be awful though.

And now news the Script is being re-written, Goyer pushed aside..thank god.

YAY!

Soldato
I think he would be good playing a more menacing Lex, so kind of getting Sups and Bats to mis-trust each other etc. Or maybe not at all.

Soldato
Having the script re-written, is usually not a good sign, but in this case it might not be a bad thing at all. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by this film, because so far, I don't have much hope that it's going to be any good.

Soldato
Best batman follow up would be to dump Batman and follow it up with Levitt as Robin or Nightwing. Could even ease the transition by having him start as Batman but not like the legacy due to some event in the film then switching his alter ego. This would allow for a neat transition, a fresh start and even allow for a Bale cameo to ease people in.

But they have gone this route which will be garbage.

Soldato
A script rewrite is almost always bad news. However, I did hear that Affleck's condition for being Batman is that he'd have some control over the character, so a rewrite in this sense probably means we'll see a Batman which is far different to what we've seen before, and written with Affleck in mind.

Soldato
Best batman follow up would be to dump Batman and follow it up with Levitt as Robin or Nightwing. Could even ease the transition by having him start as Batman but not like the legacy due to some event in the film then switching his alter ego. This would allow for a neat transition, a fresh start and even allow for a Bale cameo to ease people in.

But they have gone this route which will be garbage.

That would be a complete and utter car crash.....I want to see the Bale version of Batman never surface again and never touched by it's limp wimpy hand ever again.

Soldato
w8vlnd.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That's because that Batman was a small short emu suss, Batman in brutal when he fights, but I want to see how clever he is, how easily he can read people, that's Barman real power.

Soldato
That looks like Afleck with his irritating Afleck face. All I can think seeing that picture is "ooh it's Afleck, looking a bit tubby there son"

Does not inspire me even remotely.

Soldato
I'm not the biggest Batman or Superman fan, but not sure why this is met with so much negative opinions this early on.

Don't be surprised if Afleck gives the best movie interpretation of Batman to date. I'm not his biggest fan either, but I think there is a good chance he will really nail this so I'm being optimistic. At least he's worked out properly for it, unlike Bale. This fits with the Miller story where Batman is old, been there done that and is pulling no punches - he's sick and tired and then Superman comes along and Batman has had enough and goes all out badass to set him straight.

I think this movie could pull that off. Despite that, I'm not getting hyped up over it.

Not as sure on Jesse as Lex...Lex is a great character - I loved him in Smallville and has plenty cool portrayals in the comics so I think the success of this could be determined by how good Lex in it.
DC have to get this right, or their Justice League movie is already doomed to fail. I'd like to think Jesse convinced them in auditions that he could pull this off.

This movie can't bomb so despite some questionable choices so far, I'm going to have a bit of faith and wait and see

Back
Top Bottom