Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Soldato
People actually liked the Batman in the Nolan films?...he was a puny little emo punk that could BARLEY fight and showed him a pretty dumb idiot.

All you would have to to to Bales batman is say "gee I love my parents" and he would start crying for gods sakes.

Snyder did Watchmen, the single handedly best comic to film conversion ever done. We need Goyer out of the picture more, or put to the side lines, im thinking Affleck will have had some good input as well.

Even the Director of DD hated the film, its well known now how the studio exs stepped in and made him add the Electra character as they wanted a spin off movie in the works whilst DD was being filmed, then they came in and chopped it all up, believe the Directors version was him trying to save some of it.

A lot of people loved Bales portrayal, it's one of the reasons that it was so successful.

I hated Watchmen and thought it was absolute tosh, however I'm not the best commentator on this as I also hate the comic book. I always thought fans of Watchmen comic hated the film as well.

But each to their own

Soldato
Man of Steel was awesome. Best Superman movie to date.

Bah. It was the worst super hero movie I've seen in years. It takes a lot for me to get bored at the cinema, but I just wanted MoS to end. Rubbish in nearly every possible way. I did like the casting for Superman, though.

Soldato
Some really weird en mass negativity for a film thats barley in production.

A terrible title for a film which has a terrible director and a very very average screenwriter? Yes, one can see why there's so much negativity. Snyder is a hack and he hasn't made a good film since his Dawn of the Dead remake. Man of Steel was horrific.

Soldato
OP
We have our first look at Henry Cavill in his Superman suit. Some slight subtle changes to the suit.

henrycavillsupermannewlarge.jpg

Full article here.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not a fan at all, I'm not into superheros/comics but liked the Batman movies as they had a bit of a grittier, less adolescent super power theme (relatively speaking :p).

In most films adolescents tend to be mildly annoying, but adolescents with super powers? They are unbearable :p

Tbh, I've never really got why people like Superman. As a character he is ridiculously overpowered. They gave him almost no flaws or weaknesses. There's pretty much nothing he can't do.

I always felt that was a little harsh on the villains :p

Soldato
OP
In most films adolescents tend to be mildly annoying, but adolescents with super powers? They are unbearable :p

Tbh, I've never really got why people like Superman. As a character he is ridiculously overpowered. They gave him almost no flaws or weaknesses. There's pretty much nothing he can't do.

I always felt that was a little harsh on the villains :p

He has a lot of flaws and weaknesses. And I don't mean just Kryptonite. His compassion for humans, red sun, blue kryptonite are to name a few. He's been killed once or twice by a creature called Doomsday. He can be physically beaten by other super powered beings.

Yes he is overpowered. But he knows when to hit someone so as to not take their head off.

Soldato
He has a lot of flaws and weaknesses. And I don't mean just Kryptonite. His compassion for humans, red sun, blue kryptonite are to name a few. He's been killed once or twice by a creature called Doomsday. He can be physically beaten by other super powered beings.

Yes he is overpowered. But he knows when to hit someone so as to not take their head off.

Ah when Doomsday killed him the first time, so many memories

Soldato
OP
San Diego International Comic-Con has kicked off today!

We're expecting a huge raft of comic, TV, games and movie news to emerge. None more so than Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice. And already we have a new pic of Ben Affleck as The Caped Crusader.

BtVmIj8CMAAtZvi.jpg

There are also images of the cape and cowl on display at Comic-Con. But that's just it: the cape and cowl. Not the full costume. As soon as that is shown, rest assured the interwebz will surely go nuts!

Back
Top Bottom