*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Associate
I think this is completely crap compared to BF4. People keep saying it feels like BF4 but I’m not getting that at all. I just think Dice have completely lost their way with each game getting worse as they go on.

The map feels far too big and the gun play feels off.

Glad I didn’t pre order this.

Soldato
I think this is completely crap compared to BF4. People keep saying it feels like BF4 but I’m not getting that at all. I just think Dice have completely lost their way with each game getting worse as they go on.

The map feels far too big and the gun play feels off.

Glad I didn’t pre order this.

It's not even the biggest map, in fact, of the 7 maps there are 4 bigger than it.

Soldato
Considering a lot if not the majority of their players will be on console and using a controller they have really messed up how the UI works.

Nothing is simple or obvious to do, even choosing a class and weapon is a nightmare especially when it randomly resets after death. Having no map in the Beta either, quite an important feature. Trying to find squads, players or a scoreboard is confusing.

I think they've made a mistake with this beta, I was 100% pre-ordering digital, now I'm going to wait and try before buying.

They say they are working hard to correct things in the weeks leading up to release, based on the Beta I can't see how a few weeks will help, this needs to be delayed to next year and some thought put into the UI.

And those robot dog things....

Soldato
If/when there's an open beta (without buying the game) - I'll give this a crack, but I think BF peaked with BF3, and has been on a run downhill since then. Loved the franchise since playing 1942 on PC way back, and have played all since (other than the 360 ones) - but BF6 isn't quite doing it for me at the moment.

Soldato
If/when there's an open beta (without buying the game) - I'll give this a crack, but I think BF peaked with BF3, and has been on a run downhill since then. Loved the franchise since playing 1942 on PC way back, and have played all since (other than the 360 ones) - but BF6 isn't quite doing it for me at the moment.

There is, it's available as of today.

Soldato
I played a little this morning on Series X and have to say the same as others here. What is this UI design?! A banner takes over the top of my screen every time the majority shifts? Changing loadouts quickly? What happened to being able to see if a medic was nearby when you're waiting for a revive, I'm sure they had that in BF3 and 4. This all feels quite awkward. As for the robot dogs, is there some currency/timer or something I'm missing with when you can call those in? I seemed to be able to have mine around all the time..

On the plus side, the gunplay felt ok. The map is big but I didn't struggle to stay in the fight. I do enjoy the sandbox nature, being able to get around the flanks and being immersed in the battlefield. The graphics are good. The sounds are good, although footsteps are a bit hit and miss.

Caporegime
OP
It feels like the influencers are trying to convince themselves the game will be good with their “YES THERES LOTS OF BUGS BUT THE CORE GAMEPLAY IS THERE” tweets

Soldato
Seems OK to me but the movement seems a bit slow and clunky. Overall it reminds me of BF4 but it's so long since I played BF I have struggled with it. Easy enough to find the fight but gunplay is weird for me having been mainly on CoD for the last few years. None hitscan sniper is a distant memory and I couldn't figure out how to change the zeroed range either.

Weapon modding is an interesting feature. No ability to just throw grenades is wtf for me though. Keep hitting RB to throw ordinance and nothing happens. Also feel that starting ammo count is low.

Epic levels of vertical recoil with one of the standard assault rifles. I'm poor with pad so I hit basically nothing an awful lot! Lol :p Swapped it to an AK looking rifle and did a bit better.

The large scale battle feeling is really cinematic but it doesent feel like a game thats easy to pick up in a server of randomers. Teamwork on comms is where this game will excel.

Not sure it will be for me. Probably pick up in a sale.

I was playing on PS5 and it looks nice enough but a lot of asset/texture popping which I did not expect to see, but I guess its still a Beta at the end of the day.

Soldato
Agree with most here, won't be getting this on release which is a shame as had digital pre-order planned now refunded. This whole year has been a major disappoint for me unfortunately, let's hope Forza Horizon 5 is just as good as 4, i'm thinking it will be

Soldato
Agree with most here, won't be getting this on release which is a shame as had digital pre-order planned now refunded. This whole year has been a major disappoint for me unfortunately, let's hope Forza Horizon 5 is just as good as 4, i'm thinking it will be

Yep, when it comes to big AAA releases it has been disappointing for the most part this past year, I have had more fun with games that don't appeal to the masses, psychonauts 2 for example was brilliant.

Soldato
They will need to, otherwise console players will get their faces melted off every single game, and the majority will turn off cross play. Even the most novice Mouse player will be able to smack a controller user.

Soldato
I'm really enjoying the boots on ground aspect but also really hating the aircraft way to overpowered and all round pain in the arse.
That's just a symptom of there being only one lock on launcher (with 3 shots) and lots of new players not knowing what they're doing. Give it a few days after launch in the full game and people will have the AA stuff down. I even joined a squad on the last day of the Beta full-time manning a Condor basically taking take out heli's with the 2x miniguns and driver lock on/guns. They were very efficient!!! Also there'll prob be a balance pass as previously it's been attack heli's with rockets and minibirds only with machine guns, having both, plus the condor and yet limited tanks/AA is a bit one sided.

Thoughts from me on the Beta on PS5 (137hrs in BF4 on PC & 500hrs in BF3 on PC): Core gameplay good, but deffo some niggles like framerate taking a dive after a few games needing a game restart, no aim assist, no controller layout (took me a while to figure out the quick gun customisation menu).

The use of the haptic rumble on PS5 was brilliant, esp when in a tank firing the main gun.

For me, it'll ultimately be down to how many of my mates buy it, solo can be good if you get lucky and get a decent squad, but it can also be very frustrating.

Last edited:
Soldato
No but if you have VRR input lag should be minimal as a 120hz TV will just display the frame as soon as its ready.
No VRR on PS5 yet... :(

Soon™

Deffo 60fps on PS5, think it's 1440p resolution too. There's now way this would run at 120hz with those maps and those graphics and 128 players unless it was at 1080p max, probably sub 1080p. I know Warzone manages 120hz but that's not even close to being similar.

Aside from the frame rate issues (resolved with a restart) I'm impressed how well it does run tbh. When you see the minimap after taking a flag and there's like 30 players in a 50m circle, plus the tornado going off nearby, plus a hundred explosions...

Back
Top Bottom