*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
Anyone know the difference between the icons next to players names? I assume the screen is pc player but why do I show Xbox symbol and others show controller?

Better yet is there a way to turn off cross play?

Might have to invest in a keyboard and mouse if it supports it but can't be bothered with the inevitable hacking from the pc players

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Anyone know the difference between the icons next to players names? I assume the screen is pc player but why do I show Xbox symbol and others show controller?

Better yet is there a way to turn off cross play?

Might have to invest in a keyboard and mouse if it supports it but can't be bothered with the inevitable hacking from the pc players

It doesn't support KB/M on console.

Cross play can be turned off in the network settings, it's the first thing I did after I tried my first game and was getting massacred by PC players with KB/M. 2nd game with consoles only was much better.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Doesn't feel like any kind of progress really. Beta so the jury is still out. It's Battlefield I guess.

It amazes me how they are so bad every release with things like janky physics, flickering textures etc

It's like they don't learn anything from the previous game and just hit a massive reset switch and forget how they fixed the last game :p

Soldato
It doesn't support KB/M on console.

Cross play can be turned off in the network settings, it's the first thing I did after I tried my first game and was getting massacred by PC players with KB/M. 2nd game with consoles only was much better.

I did a bit of googling last night and realised this. Shame it wont support keyboard and mouse I would have seriously considered getting one for my Xbox. Cant beleive I played for two hours with PC players, 90% of the time when I was killed it was by a PC player so I'll turn cross play off tonight.

I'm really struggling with a controller though, Single Player FPS is fine I actually dont mind it anywhere near as much as I thought I would coming from a gaming PC but MP is a whole different thing. Just need more practice hopefully.

I'll give it another go tonight with cross play off but so far I dont think I'll be paying for the game, if it comes to GamePass I'll happily play it but so far I'm not particularly impressed with it, everyone keeps saying its like BF4 but to me it just doesn't feel like a Battlefield Game

Does this game support Dolby Atmos? There are so many audio settings its hard to guess which will prevent or enable to work in the settings, I'm assuming you just set to Stereo and Headset and the Xbox does the rest but it just doesnt sound right to me the sound is dull.

Also how the hell do you view the mini map in game!? I dont know if I'm missing something but there doesnt seem to be anyway to see which button is mapped to what so it was a complete guessing game and I spent most of the time playing trying to figure out which button does what. Still not figured out how to modify the gun either, I get you hold LB which pops up the menu but you cant do anything with it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also how the hell do you view the mini map in game!? I dont know if I'm missing something but there doesnt seem to be anyway to see which button is mapped to what so it was a complete guessing game and I spent most of the time playing trying to figure out which button does what. Still not figured out how to modify the gun either, I get you hold LB which pops up the menu but you cant do anything with it.

The UI in this game is absolutely awful. Like you say you can't bring the map up. I also don't know how to modify weapons. I can't work out where the hell I'm supposed to go either. I also can't tell if we're capturing an objective or not.

Soldato
All the past betas have been pretty horrible. We can't judge the final game on it yet. Not sure how old this build is but if it's anywhere near current the game will no way be finished in time.

Associate

No idea about the map but to modify your weapon, hold LB and press A, B, X, or Y to modify the part you want.

Soldato
No idea about the map but to modify your weapon, hold LB and press A, B, X, or Y to modify the part you want.

Ah ok I'll try this later thanks, I knew you could do it because I've seen others with silencers etc but I think I kept trying to use the Cross pad because the modification menu is in the shape of a cross!

@Plainsong This is true but it wont be 100% at launch, they'll no doubt fix a few of the things in the BETA but it'll likely be a case of other things getting fixed over time after release, this is the way these days unfortunately especially with BF games

@biron_w Thats exactly why I want the Mini map so you can get a quick overview of where to go next, I found myself just following others because I couldnt see enough on the lower left map

Would still love to know how to set the correct settings for Dolby Atmos, I read the game supports it but with no settings in the menu to switch it on I'm assuming at this point that you just set Stereo and Headset

Another thing is there doesnt seem to be any K/D stats for the round, not sure why

Caporegime
It looks nice on the console and is great to sit back on a 65" screen but no Keyboard and mouse is killing it for me.

Gone back to medium settings on my PC instead as I am not paying 2 grand for a GPU. First world problems hey!

The whole cross platform thing is annoying as well. They should disable it if people got to use controllers. I did wonder why I was getting an abnormally high KD on PC last night.

Last edited:
Soldato
The build we're playing is a few months old apparently and some of the UI elements will have been changed for release.

But this beta is supposed to entice people to preorder, and go wow I can't wait to buy this game on release. Why would they showcase a build that is 2 months old, don't understand that.

Soldato
But this beta is supposed to entice people to preorder, and go wow I can't wait to buy this game on release. Why would they showcase a build that is 2 months old, don't understand that.
A lot of it is stress testing I don't think a beta has ever meant to be an enticement. They're usually pretty broken at that stage.

Soldato

It's a beta, not a demo. They're specifically looking for feedback and analytical data from it to help shape the full game.

Caporegime
OP
Ahhh the old "it's an old build" line.....I certainly hope it's correct in this instance but from what I played yesterday I just didn't have a good time.

The constant flickering of textures was annoying, the dodgy sliding animations of enemies that appeared lying down but where running at you, the fact you cant really see where the objectives are, it's all a bit of a mess at the minute.

Not sure I'm feeling the movement in the game either, doesn't really feel like what I remember BF4 feeling like, the weapons also really feel like they lack any kind of punch.

I don't like the grappling hook animation, it just looks weird to see players use it.

It looks nice though, unsure of if I will jump in at launch or wait a week to see how different it is and what improvements have been made and general feedback from players. I'll also play it a little bit more to try and get a feel for the game.

Soldato
A lot of it is stress testing I don't think a beta has ever meant to be an enticement. They're usually pretty broken at that stage.
It's a beta, not a demo. They're specifically looking for feedback and analytical data from it to help shape the full game.

I understand that, but people will base their decision on it as well. Take the UI/loadout, it's not got bugs, its just rubbish. Im not basing my purchasing decision on the beta, but having played it now, I may hold off, luckily we have the EA 10hr trial, which I think I will make use of.

Soldato
Cancelled preorder. I just don’t think I’m a Battlefield kind of guy.

The idea of it appeals to me, but the experience of playing it is so boring. Add enemies to the mix that you simply cannot see, or distinguish from friend if you do, can’t look at the leaderboard and figure out how well you’re doing just doesn’t drive me try like this.

Also, and this is totally because I’m a retard, the result of a match is 100% of the time a surprise to me. The UI just absolutely not help out in any way.

Back
Top Bottom