*** Battlefield 2042 (Console) ***

Soldato
I don't think you have to play Portal, it should have a challenge on it when you hover over the weapon in the collection tab on the main menu.

It looks like the challenge is 100 kills and assists with either the AM40 or AKS-74u and then 8 kills with an assault rifle from a distance of 25m or less in one round.

You can unlock it either in regular 2042 modes but also playing solo vs. AI.

My suggestion would be to be play solo vs. AI on conquest, pick the AM40 assault rifle and then just go on a bot/AI murdering spree to get it unlocked!

Ah thanks, what category is the AKS-74u?

Associate
I’ve been on this again today after not really playing it since release.

Just been chilling out as a sniper, trying to get my eye in. Got some tasty head shots today.

So much more relaxed than CoD.
I feel it can be as intense or as relaxing as you want it to be. I love playing Casper and just spotting everyone with the drone for a game, but then also love playing assault and being in the thick of it.

Soldato
Any particular weapon of choice?

I like the Scar so far, I unlocked the AK74u but Im not liking it so far, with these large open maps, I don't see much use for the SMG class, do you guys find the SMGs any good?

Associate
The SFAR (Scar) is great, the M5A3 with the short barrel is a great close quarters assault rifle along with the AM40.

For the SMGs, the K30 melts up close but will tickle anyone past about 15m. The PP-29 is my favourite SMG, nice ammo size and a good balance at close to medium range.

It really depends on how you play and where on the map you are. If you're on a map like Orbital, having an SMG around the B flags or around D1 is incredibly useful - but if you've got an AR then playing around the E flags is probably more suited.

Associate
Always happy to squad up with others!

It was definitely a great decision to add this game to PS Plus, the crossplay off lobbies are so popular now. Fun moment yesterday getting as many people as we could onto the new CAV Brawler...

Has anyone played any Hazard Zone at all? The Hazard Zone trophies are the last ones I need for the platinum...

Last edited:
Associate
Just downloaded this on Gamepass, not played a BF since BF1 but I’m liking it so far. One question… I’m on a Xbox One X, so I get that the game isn’t going to look as pretty as it should. But the loading time on menus is unbelievable. If I go into class customisation, it’s taking a minute or two for all the options to load in. Took me a while to spot I’d unlocked some new gear as all I could see was the loading icons. Anyone else see this?

Soldato
Just downloaded this on Gamepass, not played a BF since BF1 but I’m liking it so far. One question… I’m on a Xbox One X, so I get that the game isn’t going to look as pretty as it should. But the loading time on menus is unbelievable. If I go into class customisation, it’s taking a minute or two for all the options to load in. Took me a while to spot I’d unlocked some new gear as all I could see was the loading icons. Anyone else see this?

I’m guessing that smart deployment should have downloaded the XB1 version, rather than the SX version, but it might be worth checking if you haven’t done so already?

Soldato
None for me it’s been really solid this past week.

It’s pretty solid for me on PS5 with crossplay off.

I’m currently trying to learn to snipe. Seems much harder than past games where you could adjust your zero range. I’m getting better slowly but surely. I’m just grinding to unlock the DXR-1 and trying to memorise the various approximate cross hair positions that you need vs location on map etc. Feels good when you get it right though! Just working in consistency and the fact I’m on pad not mouse and kb (I used to play BF4 on PC).

Soldato
It’s pretty solid for me on PS5 with crossplay off.

I’m currently trying to learn to snipe. Seems much harder than past games where you could adjust your zero range. I’m getting better slowly but surely. I’m just grinding to unlock the DXR-1 and trying to memorise the various approximate cross hair positions that you need vs location on map etc. Feels good when you get it right though! Just working in consistency and the fact I’m on pad not mouse and kb (I used to play BF4 on PC).

Played today and it was fine, must have been the servers I was on.

Trying to unlock the EBLC Ram, got the 80 kills with the LTAV4, now need to inflict 2500 damage on other vehicles using Wildcat and some other option that I forgot name of.

Anyone know of the quickest way to do this, I tried MP conquest, but thats tricky getting the truck before someone else and Solo mode bores me, and annoys me as the AI drive off when you change to a gunner position, the ai just jumps into driver position and goes for a scenic tour, lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
So tried this a couple of times over the weekend and couldn't get a game. PS5, crossplay off. At first it wouldn't let me start as my PS+ sub had lapsed. Signed back up, paid for the first month and it let me into what I presumed was a training map with bots as I was getting a load of kills while drunk. Finished that and tried all different game modes but it just had me at 1 of 32 or 1 of 64 in a lobby for ages. Tried Saturday night too and was the same. Just me with my noob soldier on my Jack Jones in a lobby waiting for others. I got in one lobby that had 1 other person in but he left then I was alone again :D .
Probably should have tried crossplay off but even so, I would have thought I would have got at least one game.

Associate
So tried this a couple of times over the weekend and couldn't get a game. PS5, crossplay off. At first it wouldn't let me start as my PS+ sub had lapsed. Signed back up, paid for the first month and it let me into what I presumed was a training map with bots as I was getting a load of kills while drunk. Finished that and tried all different game modes but it just had me at 1 of 32 or 1 of 64 in a lobby for ages. Tried Saturday night too and was the same. Just me with my noob soldier on my Jack Jones in a lobby waiting for others. I got in one lobby that had 1 other person in but he left then I was alone again :D .
Probably should have tried crossplay off but even so, I would have thought I would have got at least one game.
Are you based in Australia? If so, I reckon it's tied to your region.

PS5 crossplay off is really strong in UK/Europe and there's never a shortage of any players at any time of day. I guess this is another example of where a server browser would be really useful, you'd be playing on a terrible ping but at least you could see the PS5 lobbies in the UK and Europe and join those for a laugh.

It's probably worth giving it a whirl with crossplay off - but then you're pretty much at the mercy of the ridiculously talented Aussie nightbird pilots like Silk and AsheBF (although Ashe is drunk 90% of the time).

Soldato
Are you based in Australia? If so, I reckon it's tied to your region.

PS5 crossplay off is really strong in UK/Europe and there's never a shortage of any players at any time of day. I guess this is another example of where a server browser would be really useful, you'd be playing on a terrible ping but at least you could see the PS5 lobbies in the UK and Europe and join those for a laugh.

It's probably worth giving it a whirl with crossplay off - but then you're pretty much at the mercy of the ridiculously talented Aussie nightbird pilots like Silk and AsheBF (although Ashe is drunk 90% of the time).

Ive been waiting on servers in conquest 32v32 on PS5 with cross play off a few times, its mostly ok but there are times during the day it can be a little slow at first.

Back
Top Bottom