Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's mine for comparison, I did read somewhere about all ultra just being too much and causing some lag, maybe turn it down a bit.

9iYJT64fe.jpg

and here is my network smoothing

InCs2PWdN5E.jpg

it runs good unless server is being bad for everyone

Ive ran it on the lowest settings possible but keeping native resolution. Crazy high fps but still laggy. Was the same when i had my overclocked gtx 470 sli setup. Though with those cards i mainly ran high preset with no msaa and an fxaa injector. Ultra on that setup got very close to the 1.28gb vram limit of the cards.

No problems ever for me... only server i get lag on is xtracommunity server which the owner currently knows about and is getting the server location changed..

Please resize pictures

my vram when these shots were taken was at 634mb and reg is always spot on people die pretty quick...

Last edited:
Vram usage was very low Westie when i dropped settings down. That was with my previous 470 sli setup. When running the game on ultra with any level of msaa, on that setup the vram use got close to the limit. No such issue with the gtx 670, as im seeing vram usage of 1500mb ono on the ultra settings in the screenshot above. Also much less heat, noise and power use.

Been working on clocking the cpu a bit more mate, proving to be a little tricky getting it stable at 4.5ghz, my old i7 920 was a peice of cake to oc and stabilise at 4.2ghz. I believe hyperthreaded cpu's such as the 2700k, 3770k and even the older 1366 900 series i7's show good gains in bf3. I still get the lagging in servers with lower numbers of players.

Im running at the following........

noticed in that screen print your running at 59.94Hz, but have vsync off, isn't it only required if you have vsync on, or was that just some testing ?

How do some of the players get perfect head shots the whole time. the guns are not very accurate. Is there different levels to the guns or something? It takes me loads of shots to kill someone but i seem to die head shot every time. :(

i wouldn't say i get them the whole time, but when i do its pure luck, bit like when i have a decent round :(.

Last edited:
The rubber banding some of you get cannot be the fault of EA.

I play on high settings, with a 5870 and a 965BE running at stock with a 2.5mg download and a 0.35mg upload and I never get any banding at all. My ping is around 11.

If your ping is good and you are on a UK server push the slider all the way to the left.

nope not using anything now joe! was rumours of people getting banned on forums so i just took it off! i wish there was some how a easier way to change fov in this game... like a console command i could macro to my keyboard :(

Using SweetFX 2.3 myself nowadays

http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/b...ctor-battlefield-3-download-update-2-3-a.html.

Don't think they will get that coulour tweaker to work without it triggering PB so not worth the hussle.
Shame though because the game looked lovely without the tarded blue tint.

On the rubberbanding lag issues.. Well the game is just ****ed tbh. Every day feels different.

Btw Westie whats the prob with the ingame FOV changer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom