Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Since purchasing premium, the game has opened up to me now.

I can join the premium only servers, which have all the maps accross all dlc's on rotation!

Quality games as well.

Thats all nice and dandy, but I hate how Dice/EA fragmented the player base.

new to bf3, though i've played a lot of 2142 so know how to play most of the game but there is a few issues i'm having with bf3.

i can't rmeember all but one that's bugging me is why when i prone (press z) with the fist sniper you get do i still get movement? surely it's laid on the ground and there wont be an wobble?

i also seem to be getting loads of unlocks but can't use, e.g. the different zoom scopes, how do i change these?

any way to change the game settings without being in the middle of a match?

Soldato
Prone or no prone, all high powered scopes and IR have scope shake. You need to use the steady aim key to exhale breath for temp. stability.

Otherwise you need to customise the sniper with a bipod and deploy it on a part of the level or on the ground while prone.

You can customise weapons/gadgets on the Loadout section of the Battlelog web page or while ingame by clicking customise.

ok thanks. i assume a bipod will be unlocked eventually after playing as a sniper for a while and getting kills etc?

what is the steady aim key? i'm a good sniper, but having no steady aim has made rush snipes against another sniper very hard

Soldato
ok thanks. i assume a bipod will be unlocked eventually after playing as a sniper for a while and getting kills etc?

what is the steady aim key? i'm a good sniper, but having no steady aim has made rush snipes against another sniper very hard

Left shift

Been having lots of fun with the M39 at shortish / medium ranges on close quarters

using it with the foregrip and the holo

Also, tugs on CC is point city :p

Get that foregrip off it! Ruins your aimed fire and doesn't do much for shooting from the hip.

Caporegime
Foregrips primary purpose is to decrease side to side recoil, and vertical recoil, but at the expense of increased spread (ie decreased accuracy)

This % reduction in accuracy is usually worth it on very high side to side recoil guns like the F2000 and AEK where spread isn't necessarily a bad thing due to the range you're engaging at, but is terrible for snipers.

Soldato
Thanks for the tip - just tested it out

Much better :cool:

Pleasure, the 39emr is a great gun. The current go to go for semi auto snipers is the SKS. It's the current champ.

Foregrips primary purpose is to decrease side to side recoil, and vertical recoil, but at the expense of increased spread (ie decreased accuracy)

This % reduction in accuracy is usually worth it on very high side to side recoil guns like the F2000 and AEK where spread isn't necessarily a bad thing due to the range you're engaging at, but is terrible for snipers.

I have to clear that up...Foregrip does NOTHING for vertical recoil, that was changed in the Aug/Sept patch. Check out http://symthic.com/ for all your weapons stats.

M16, M416, AUG and even AEK imho should have nothing on them except Kobra + HB. If you can't handle the left pull of the AEK (cancel out by pulling down right) put a foregrip on it but lose the ability for accurate aimed fire :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
aek should have forgrip on it!

even m16 is more stable with foregrip

m416 doesnt need it tho!

M16 is an example of another gun for which it decreases vertical recoil, but not horizontal:

http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-comparison#10-10-02-00

Hence feeling more "stable"

Interestingly enough, it also has a similar effect to the M416

http://symthic.com/bf3-weapon-comparison#09-09-02-00

Which apparently has similar recoil stats, so it makes just as much of a difference to the M16 as it does the M416.

Associate
battlelog/EA was hacked just now.

There was a fake poll put up and we were unable to login or browse servers.

I had a message when launching battlelog saying Login queue activated, please login manually.
That may well be a legit page but having seen what else was happening my concern is that could be a scam page to steal your password.

A lot of activity on the forums saying it's anonymous doing it but I have no idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom