Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Aftermath has so many little hiding holes for snipers, that and the ease of access to rooftops. I had a round on the 247 aftermath server a while back. Guy camping on a building overlooking the bridge. Sniped him from the ground, then proceeded to kill him in mid air another three times as he attempted to parachute onto the same roof. To say he was a bit angry was putting it mildly.:D

Associate
[rant]
i honestly don't know how you guys have managed to get this cr*p installed. i love battlefield but EA make it so frustrating for you to actually get into a game.

i assume everyone else had to go through all this to get it working?:

install origin
create origin account
download battlefield
create battlefield account (why cant i use my origin account?)
load game through web browser (wtf?)
install some plugins
matchmaking through web browser for 10 mins
install punkbuster and another plugin
still cant get into a game

Honestly this is the worst experience i've ever had trying to play a game. If they are going to make you do all this every time then they can keep it.
[/rant]

Last edited:
Associate
[rant]
i honestly don't know how you guys have managed to get this cr*p installed. i love battlefield but EA make it so frustrating for you to actually get into a game.

i assume everyone else had to go through all this to get it working?:

install origin
create origin account
download battlefield
create battlefield account (why cant i use my origin account?)
load game through web browser (wtf?)
install some plugins
matchmaking through web browser for 10 mins
install punkbuster and another plugin
still cant get into a game

Honestly this is the worst experience i've ever had trying to play a game. If they are going to make you do all this every time then they can keep it.
[/rant]

You only have to do the first four things on your list once.

Not sure about matchmaking through browser as I just click on a populated server running the map I want to play on then join.

Also I am glad I can install punkbuster rather have it than not.

Associate
I'd rather have some anti-cheat than not, but when its telling me i need to install punkbuster, even though it is installed, it starts to get annoying.

352f2uh.jpg

if i click matchmaking, it just sits at matchmaking forever, if i click a server, i get the punkbuster message above.
i've gotta be doing something wrong, but it just seems insanely complicated to find out what.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, its being allowed through.

I have PnkbstrA running as a process, but not B. the Punkbuster service setup doesn't show any errors though.

Edit: its all sorted now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom