Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Having a lot of fun on Aftermath, finally a decent expansion pack!

Agreed.

They've got the balance right between small / large maps and infantry / vehicle combat.

Strike at Karkand was the most popular BF2 map for exactly this reason

Agreed again. Maps sizes are great and well laid out. Can see myself sticking to them pretty much all the time now.

Caporegime
Really ? I think they've balanced snipers rather nicely.

You can only 1 hit kill with bolt action snipers, and even then only with a headshot.

Combine that with a massive scope glint that's more like a 1 million candle search light and they are easy to spot and avoid.

You also have to bear in mind the massive bullet drop and time to target.

It's very rare that somebody can get a one hit kill to the head from extreme range 1st bullet. Granted once they are zero'd in using previous kills its easier, but my point still stands its difficult for snipers to completely dominate like they do in say COD

Caporegime
Combine that with a massive scope glint that's more like a 1 million candle search light and they are easy to spot and avoid.
I still laugh at this, particularly on the night maps such as tehran highway, middle of the night and you still get scope glint. Your comparison to a 1million cp light is a good un, when i see this on the night maps, it reminds me of lamping for foxes at night with a rifle.:D

Soldato
I can understand why the implemented the scope glint, but it's a bit ridiculous and obviously completely unrealistic. It would be cool if they modelled it realistic at least, even if the light reflection effect is over exaggerated.

Caporegime
I can understand why the implemented the scope glint, but it's a bit ridiculous and obviously completely unrealistic. It would be cool if they modelled it realistic at least, even if the light reflection effect is over exaggerated.
Yep, without it snipers would have too much of a free reign. But yes, it isnt very realistic as scope glint is so easy to avoid in reality. Any scoped weapons ive used have been fitted with extended lens sun shades. But i suppose bf3 isnt a military sim type game.

Soldato
It is done to balance the game. TBH a rocket hit rarely kills in one hit. In reality it would blow you to pieces across the map. Same with hits to aircraft. A small arm like machine gun should cause damage or a rocket hit should take it down in one hit. It is all balance. Snipers can easily become overpowered if they can hide too easily and one hit kill all the time.

Caporegime

Its a balancing tool, designed to stop snipers from hiding high up in the bushes on maps like Kharg Island where you'd never see them where it not for the scope glint.

Its nothing to do with realism, and it does its job quite nicely.

I usually play aggresive recon, use an ACOG or PK-A scope and no scope glint while humming the Trololol song. haha :D

Caporegime
I prefer playing recon up close as i cant hit a barn door at range. Can be great fun on a map like metro with a semi auto rifle such as the SKS/M39 with red dot or holo sight. For more of a challenge, i sometimes go with an unscoped bolt action rifle. BFBC2 was excellent for aggressive recon style play, the loadouts available to recons in it were much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom