Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
27.8 gb with all DLC's installed

thats what it should be no idea why urs is 31.9.. ur the only person i know who has over 27.8

Strange, maybe because my original install wasnt from Origin. I used an installer I got from the site I bought it from. Took for frickin' ever to download, only to realise I could had got it direct from Origin at 4 times the speed :mad:

Associate
Have been enjoying playing a bit of hardcore on 24/7 b*tches server the last few weeks. Have had far too much beer to keep a positive k/d tonight :p

See you about from lead_head1976 <3

Caporegime
Is there anyway I can get my money back on this game? I want to like it but sometimes it is ******* ****.

Fraid not, only unless you can get rid of the email adress attached to it. I can understand how you feel, the game is broken beyond belief. Tbh, it was never that good to start with. Certainly not a successor to bfbc2, let alone bf2.

Last edited:

Qel

Qel

Associate
Just ordered with gamersgate and I must say they aren't very smooth to use. It also says my order has been selected for manual review. Hope they ahve someone working over Christmas....

Are Gamersgate generally ok to use?

Hi, just had the same issue with gamersgate and premium... how long did it take to sort it out?

Don't think I'll be using them again somehow.

Last edited:
Associate
Fraid not, only unless you can get rid of the email adress attached to it. I can understand how you feel, the game is broken beyond belief. Tbh, it was never that good to start with. Certainly not a successor to bfbc2, let alone bf2.

Some parts I find fantastic and that's what brings me back constantly. The majority of the time, it is the inability to speak to the rest of your team. Teamspeak is good up until you join a random game and just have to sit through it lone-wolf style.

Caporegime

Melodrama much? 'Broken beyond belief'? What on earth are you smoking?

Caporegime
Melodrama much? 'Broken beyond belief'? What on earth are you smoking?
Nothing melodramatic about an opinion of the current state of the game. Post aftermath it's been nothing but.

crashes
server disconnects
bf3 has stopped responding errors
lagging in game
players/vehicles warping all over the place
bad hit registration.

It's the same story with dice after each patch/update, they break more than they fix. Dont just take my word for it, read through the last 5-6 pages of this thread or any of the myriad of threads on battle log.

System wise, ive played it on both my rigs, the one in sig and a 4.3ghz i7 930. The latter with a brand new os install, ive tried with various in game graphics settings, even on lowest settings. Router settings etc are all in order, getting 5mbps dl, 0.38mbps ul, and both rigs running fine in any other game. People are all to quick to claim, "it must be something on your end". Well this time it's clearly not, as pre aftermath and indeed a few days after it's release it was running fine.

Soldato
Nothing melodramatic about an opinion of the current state of the game. Post aftermath it's been nothing but.

crashes
server disconnects
bf3 has stopped responding errors
lagging in game
players/vehicles warping all over the place
bad hit registration.

It's the same story with dice after each patch/update, they break more than they fix. Dont just take my word for it, read through the last 5-6 pages of this thread or any of the myriad of threads on battle log.

System wise, ive played it on both my rigs, the one in sig and a 4.3ghz i7 930. The latter with a brand new os install, ive tried with various in game graphics settings, even on lowest settings. Router settings etc are all in order, getting 5mbps dl, 0.38mbps ul, and both rigs running fine in any other game. People are all to quick to claim, "it must be something on your end". Well this time it's clearly not, as pre aftermath and indeed a few days after it's release it was running fine.

Sorry to hear you're having all of thise issues. The "it must be your end" was in jest really... but (Touch wood) mine has genuinely always been fine. Literally The only thing that annoys me about the game is other people lol.

Out of interest... and completely off topic... what do I need to do to get my 930 to 4.3? Which cooler, multiplier etc?

Thanks,

G

Caporegime
No probs Guru, it's just frustrating how one day the game can be fine. Next day it's a nightmare.

Clocking wise, i used this guide here.

http://www.overclock.net/t/538439/guide-to-overclocking-the-core-i7-920-or-930-to-4-0ghz

I used to also have an i7 920, but sold it for the spec in sig. Good cooling is a must have as theese are pretty hot running cpu's, got a thermalright ultra extreme 120 on my 930. 4.0ghz is a good clockspeed to aim for for 24/7 use.

Soldato
Setter mate, some of those problems have been resolved thankfully, like the multiple blaze disconnects we had on the servers. I did experience 'some' lag issues for a few days but is fine now.

What is the quality of your internet connection? A poor connection will cause you all sorts of troubles. I've had in in the past, join a game, then 10 minutes later you get disconnected. Jimlad has a problem with his Virign internet at the moment.

Try the Broadband Quality Monitor on thinkbroadband and see what your latency and packet loss is like. Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom