Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Nothing melodramatic about an opinion of the current state of the game. Post aftermath it's been nothing but.

crashes
server disconnects
bf3 has stopped responding errors
lagging in game
players/vehicles warping all over the place
bad hit registration.

It's the same story with dice after each patch/update, they break more than they fix. Dont just take my word for it, read through the last 5-6 pages of this thread or any of the myriad of threads on battle log.

System wise, ive played it on both my rigs, the one in sig and a 4.3ghz i7 930. The latter with a brand new os install, ive tried with various in game graphics settings, even on lowest settings. Router settings etc are all in order, getting 5mbps dl, 0.38mbps ul, and both rigs running fine in any other game. People are all to quick to claim, "it must be something on your end". Well this time it's clearly not, as pre aftermath and indeed a few days after it's release it was running fine.

Can't say I've had more than a few days of Lag and I certainly don't get any of your other issues. To day it's 'broken beyond belief' because of issues you and a few other people are having when thousands are playing without issue is rather dramatic.

Associate
Worst I get with the game is the odd lag stutter, but even that's rare. Don't really get what the broken talk is all about really, worst thing about the game is lack of in game voip. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Permabanned
Sorry to hear you're having all of thise issues. The "it must be your end" was in jest really... but (Touch wood) mine has genuinely always been fine. Literally The only thing that annoys me about the game is other people lol.

Out of interest... and completely off topic... what do I need to do to get my 930 to 4.3? Which cooler, multiplier etc?

Thanks,

G

fanboy

Caporegime
It's the whole hit and miss thing with the game tbh. Theres no consistency with it performance wise. One day it plays terribly, the next it's fine. Take today, had two rounds just now, first one was lagging a bit. Second one was perfect. Bf3 can be a very enjoyable game when it performs as it's supposed to.

I played an awful lot of bfbc2 from release up until bf3 was brought out. Yes, it had a few issues at the start. But theese were soon ironed out. And it turned into a very good game, no problems with crashing/freezing, and much better hit registration. Same with moh 2010, bc2 used server side reg, not sure about moh.

Soldato
What does everyone think about this guys stats: http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/Armani76

I was in a few games earlier, he was on my team so didnt pay a huge attention but noticed he had fairly good scores each round (nothing crazy mind but better than everyone else) no-one was shouting hacker in the chat. It kinda looked fine until I noticed his headshot ratio... 73%!

Plus he's only had the game since 20/12/12 and already colonel 4.

Associate
never suffered and bugs etc with Bf3, getting annoyed with net code quite a lot from dying when behind cover but otherwise love the game, just had a epic round (for me!) 46 kills 2 deaths!

Loving aftermath especially Epicenter as i prefer a more infantry style but i'll happily play all

Associate
Hi All,

Ive Just Brought a new PC From OverClockers - Specs Below

Gigabyte 7950 WF3 3072MB GDDR5
i5 3570k 3.40Ghz Overclocked to 4.4GHz

Will BF3 Run on the Above Spec? Looking to Play @ 1920:1080 :)

What Kind of FPS would I achieve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom