Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well Im 1800 Hours into it now + a lot on unranked servers and hardly have any issues with the game! Same for all the people in cG and most on my friends list.... the only negativity I hear towards bf3 is here on this forum!

Lucky you, but if you read Battlelog, EA Forums and other places, you'd find there are a lot of gamers who are having issues with Battlefield: 3. I've had my share of problems with the game but luckily a very narrow amount compared to the amount of problems that have been reported, but despite the narrow amount of problems, it is one of the reasons i uninstalled Battlefield: 3 because those problems were pretty much persistent, among being bored of the game too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was thinking of giving this a go again but tbh reading the last 15 or so pages of this thread, I don't think I cba dealing with all these issues that DICE still haven't fixed :o They really need to get their priority's sorted out, fix the damn game instead of releasing DLC packs, tweaking weapons even when there is no need for it in every single patch, amongst all the other stupid xxxx that they do!

It's bloody fine.

Play it, have fun.

Associate
It's bloody fine.

Play it, have fun.

this ^^

moaners gonna moan :D

Never thought I would find another shooter that hooked me as much as CS did back in the day until I started playing this. now 53 hours and 15 minutes deep and still feel like there is plenty more to keep me coming back. need to get on teamspeak though, just not got round to it yet.

Soldato
It's bloody fine.

Play it, have fun.

Totally this, some people take it all too seriously. :D

does that mean I only need another 800 hours or so under my belt before I'm flinging around the C4 like a pro? :D

last video provided bare lols

Don't talk to me about Joe's C4 antics :(

Luckly for me, Joe wasn't recording last night, so my blushes have been saved unitl next time.......

Associate
It was woeful for me over the weekend, warping like both of you are describing, stuck running on the spot and the drag back lag. Got a bit fed up with it tbh and havent played since. Might hop on later for a blast to see if theres any improvement. Altogether very frustrating though.

Happening to me as well in the Romford area on Virgin Media. I've posted on VM forums and they say nothing is wrong with my line that should cause this, and nothing wrong at their end.

Is there any idea what is causing it? Only started for me on like 31st of December.

The Running Mans has the best description of what is happening, where are you located?

Last edited:
My connection is generally okay but I always get the odd bad one where it takes full clips to kill people (on HC - rarely play normal) and it is very frustrating when you know you are so reliant on your connection to get a good game. But any on-line FPS game is the same: connection > set-up > practice practice practice ! (haven't played much recently and omg its a bugger finding your feet again)

Still I find this BF as good as any and have loved a lot of the games (that doesn't mean I'm not sat at home screaming at my monitor when things go wrong - but that's normal isn't it ....? :D )

Caporegime
It's bloody fine.

Play it, have fun.
I wouldnt say it's anywhere near perfect. Tbf, BFBC2 had some serious issues for a long time (as did bf2). But they were fixed and it's been great since. When bf3 is behaving itself, it can be great fun. I still like it on the whole, if i didnt id have uninstalled it ages ago.

The problems always seem to crop up after an update, wether it's a new patch or dlc release. Perhaps a bit more play testing would help with theese updates before releasing them. Regarding the nerfing/buffing of different weapons. I can honestly say that i never seem to notice theese changes.

Caporegime
Hehehe all you need is balls, a lack of sense and you'll be fine...Oh and remember, your invincible and that tank IS going down!
And be easy on the detonator, though in your vids joe id say that the excitement of c4 kills makes you get a little bit trigger happy, 9 times out of 10 you blow yourself up too. Hence forth, you shall be known as jihad Joe.:D

Associate
Thanks looks the job. Whats the teamspeak password to join in?

Someone add me as a friend on the game : CorpralCrappy

Dont have anyone to play with :(

Added you (I'm Styxy-UK) I currently only play for an hour when I get in from work as the terrible connection I'm currently getting drives me nuts in no time. Hope it gets figured out soon, a lot of Virgin customers I hear are having it. May have to switch to BT.

Soldato
Anyone getting any odd certificate errors on origin?

Can't login on a fresh install right now :/

/edit ignore me, date was 1/9/2013 instead of 09/01/2013 on pc.

Last edited:
Soldato
And be easy on the detonator, though in your vids joe id say that the excitement of c4 kills makes you get a little bit trigger happy, 9 times out of 10 you blow yourself up too. Hence forth, you shall be known as jihad Joe.:D

I blow myself up more times than I do not. It's rare you can get a clean getaway and detonate versus a half decent player without being killed before you can do so. Even if you get in clean it is SO easy for someone to decamp or drive away before you can get C4 planted.

I figure, taking out enemy armour, at least 1 player + possibly more is worth my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom