Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
While this is true on many maps a good tanker will using Thermal Vision, completely ruining the effect that a AT mine might have. Fort instance on SEINE where there is no threat of helocopter attack, they dont really need Smoke, so they can run Thermal and shoot up any AT mines before theyh come into play.

Javelin and laser still very effective. If there are no aircraft in the game i will have the javelin on and take them down very quickly. If they are a smoker then I will do it manually with the RPG. Mines are also very easy to hide within objects.

The javelin is the most effective hand held missile launcher in the game. Though i dont know where dice got the idea that it's an anti air weapon. Rpg/smaw are ok against armour if you can co ordinate your shots with other players on the same target. As for the stinger/igla, theese are so useless theyre a waste of an equipment slot.

Have installed this once again.

What is the best FXAA or sweetFX injector these days? (do they work with radeonpro?) IIRC realmware colour tweaker doesn't work any more or people were getting kicked/banned from using it?

Also HBAO or SSAO?

EDIT:

hmm, SSAO or turned of completely looks better than HBAO, HBAO looks too dark on the whole.

Last edited:
The javelin is the most effective hand held missile launcher in the game. Though i dont know where dice got the idea that it's an anti air weapon. Rpg/smaw are ok against armour if you can co ordinate your shots with other players on the same target. As for the stinger/igla, theese are so useless theyre a waste of an equipment slot.

US version is anti tank (also known as FGM-148). UK version is anti air.

Have installed this once again.

What is the best FXAA or sweetFX injector these days? (do they work with radeonpro?) IIRC realmware colour tweaker doesn't work any more or people were getting kicked/banned from using it?

Also HBAO or SSAO?

EDIT:

hmm, SSAO or turned of completely looks better than HBAO, HBAO looks too dark on the whole.

You using Nvidia or AMD?

Yeah I already have that installed, is the radeonpro one any good though? How does it compare to westie's FXAA injector settings?

Also, should I tick any more boxes or just leave it as it is?

H0LJ8.png

EDIT:

Whoops that is the sweetFX section. What is the difference between it and FXAA? :o

Haven't tested it on Battlefield: 3, but it worked fine in Far Cry: 3 and the injector within RadeonPro for FXAA on Ultra just makes it blurry, so SMAA is definitely the way to go if you want similar quality to MSAA without the performance hit.

I mainly just want whatever gives me nice vibrant colours and to try and reduce the horrible blue overlay :p

But....regarding this MSAA etc. stuff so you recommend that I turn the MSAA in the game to "of" and use the SMAA option in radeon pro? What setting and level should I use? And just leave FXAA disabled?

Colour tweaks would be done via SweetFX and there would be no need to use SMAA because SweetFX has SMAA integrated within the program, but have it on Ultra if you aren't using SweetFX, that's only if you have no performance problems with MSAA as it is still the best.

Basically, to get SweetFX working through RadeonPro, you need to do the following (if you've done this already, then cool);

-Download SweetFX and extract it to MyDocuments or Downloads.
-Create a profile in RadeonPro for Battlefield: 3.
-Click on the profile and then click on settings.
-Go to SweetFX in settings and click enable and locate the SweetFX folder you extracted and click on it and then click okay and exit.
-Then go to the SweetFX tab and upload the settings and you're good to go.

Edit: I've seen a few settings to get what you want by googling Battlefield 3 SweetFX settings or something and if you do struggle, i'll upload screenshots when i'm back from work so you can see.

Last edited:
Thanks very much! :)

Will just enable the sweetFX then and leave MSAA set to 2x in game as performance is good all round for me, everything set to high except shadows is set to medium, mesh to ultra, ABO set to SSAO, motion blur of.

Have got some videos, sweetfx settings for BF 3 opened now, so will have a look and pick what looks the best and give it a shot later on and report back :)

Thanks very much! :)

Will just enable the sweetFX then and leave MSAA set to 2x in game as performance is good all round for me, everything set to high except shadows is set to medium, mesh to ultra, ABO set to SSAO, motion blur of.

Have got some videos, sweetfx settings for BF 3 opened now, so will have a look and pick what looks the best and give it a shot later on and report back :)

Just so you know, SMAA is equivalent to 4x MSAA and there's also a HBAO option in the visual tab too if you want to check that out compared to the games version.

Actually I might as well disable MSAA in game as I will definitely be using sweetfx and as you said above, that should be enabled by default with sweetfx anyway, right?

Will also check it out as well :)

It's DICE ****ing things up again. Same here, maps grind down to 40fps. Having Steam open or closed doesn't make a difference.

May have been coincidence but I was able to play 90 mins of BF3 stutter and rubber banding free after shutting down steam. Typical!

I have just been playing metro servers for a few weeks and managed to get loads of weapon addons thanks to it. Playing on the city maps is great, the large conquest maps i just find it difficult to get loads of kills quickly. I played metro over and over all weekend on the professional noobs server and a few others. :D

I got all the weapon addons for famas, aug, f2000 , awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom