Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Agreed, it was much easier in bfbc2 as there was no proximity scanner. Though i tended to get run over more often than i blew myself up. Also in it the recon class could equip c4, made it a great all round class as you could spot for the team, take out armour and with the battle rifles such as the G3, you could play a more aggressive style.

Really love using mines in bf3, particularly on aftermath. So many choke points on the maps for placing them.

Soldato
And be easy on the detonator, though in your vids joe id say that the excitement of c4 kills makes you get a little bit trigger happy, 9 times out of 10 you blow yourself up too. Hence forth, you shall be known as jihad Joe.:D

I like to see the explosions close up!!!! :cool:

I blow myself up more times than I do not. It's rare you can get a clean getaway and detonate versus a half decent player without being killed before you can do so. Even if you get in clean it is SO easy for someone to decamp or drive away before you can get C4 planted.

I figure, taking out enemy armour, at least 1 player + possibly more is worth my life!

Very much as above, mean I like getting a clean get away sometimes. It's just far better to be sure of taking your target out. That and half the time, like Sin, you take that tank on like a man and go head on dodging his shells..There is no time for errors.

Well that and as above I like to see the explosions close up!!!! :cool:

edit..plus I think I am top for suicides on our server. Gotta be top for something ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Agreed, it was much easier in bfbc2 as there was no proximity scanner. Though i tended to get run over more often than i blew myself up. Also in it the recon class could equip c4, made it a great all round class as you could spot for the team, take out armour and with the battle rifles such as the G3, you could play a more aggressive style.

Really love using mines in bf3, particularly on aftermath. So many choke points on the maps for placing them.

BFBC2 had the vehicle motion sensor. Not many people used it though because you only get one upgrade for the vehicle unlike BF3 where you get three.

Mines are epic and you can hide them very well in rubble. I find three mines are enough to obliterate any tank. Sometimes I stack three on top of each other to help keep them hidden.

Associate
Hehehe all you need is balls, a lack of sense and you'll be fine...Oh and remember, your invincible and that tank IS going down!

Thinking I'm invincible could be part of the problem though, I normally get caught out in the open charging at vehicles waving C4 about while cackling loudly to myself at the impending destruction about to take place :D

Thanks looks the job. Whats the teamspeak password to join in?

Someone add me as a friend on the game : CorpralCrappy

Dont have anyone to play with :(

Added you (I'm Styxy-UK) I currently only play for an hour when I get in from work as the terrible connection I'm currently getting drives me nuts in no time. Hope it gets figured out soon, a lot of Virgin customers I hear are having it. May have to switch to BT.

will add you both, currently only have 2 friends on battlelog :(
feel free to add me anyone - Cane_316

Soldato
Thinking I'm invincible could be part of the problem though, I normally get caught out in the open charging at vehicles waving C4 about while cackling loudly to myself at the impending destruction about to take place :D

It's the laughter that counts! Would add you but I and many others are at the stupid 100 friend limit.

Pop on cq247.co.uk, sign up and jump on our TS. Others and I have jumped off until later, it may be empty for an hour or so

Associate
It's the laughter that counts! Would add you but I and many others are at the stupid 100 friend limit.

Pop on cq247.co.uk, sign up and jump on our TS. Others and I have jumped off until later, it may be empty for an hour or so

Will do, have to dig out my mic, stuck in work at the moment anyway so no manic laughter till later on...

think I already signed up on cq24/7 and mostly play on the aftermath server at the mo, need to add the other server to favourites

Associate
quick question too, do any of you use the gametime.maxvariablefps command in user.cfg to limit framerates?

Gave it a go but the tearing was unbearable to took off the limit and went back to a noisier GPU...

Soldato
I blow myself up more times than I do not. It's rare you can get a clean getaway and detonate versus a half decent player without being killed before you can do so. Even if you get in clean it is SO easy for someone to decamp or drive away before you can get C4 planted.

I figure, taking out enemy armour, at least 1 player + possibly more is worth my life!

I have very little issues getting a clean get away, but then me and my friends usually tend to charge head first and do some distractions :p

Soldato
This +1. On the odd occasion they'll break a gun or you won't be able to log in..But 99% of the time it works like a charm. 900+hrs played

For 200 hours it was fine for me too, now all of a sudden it's unplayable. Only common thing between me and others reporting lag/rubber banding is that they're on virigin. I've been with Virgin media for 10 years so something has changed very suddenly somewhere, either with them or the game.

Others have mentioned steam to be the problem, and I always have steam open, so I'm going to try without it tonight.

Soldato
I have very little issues getting a clean get away, but then me and my friends usually tend to charge head first and do some distractions :p

Any half decent player will be running at least proxy on the gunner seat or have the situational awareness to screw you over easily.

Sacrificing your friends is just the same as yourself :p

Soldato
For 200 hours it was fine for me too, now all of a sudden it's unplayable. Only common thing between me and others reporting lag/rubber banding is that they're on virigin. I've been with Virgin media for 10 years so something has changed very suddenly somewhere, either with them or the game.

Others have mentioned steam to be the problem, and I always have steam open, so I'm going to try without it tonight.

It's unplayable seemingly because of your ISP, not the game.

Caporegime
BFBC2 had the vehicle motion sensor. Not many people used it though because you only get one upgrade for the vehicle unlike BF3 where you get three.

Mines are epic and you can hide them very well in rubble. I find three mines are enough to obliterate any tank. Sometimes I stack three on top of each other to help keep them hidden.

While this is true on many maps a good tanker will using Thermal Vision, completely ruining the effect that a AT mine might have. Fort instance on SEINE where there is no threat of helocopter attack, they dont really need Smoke, so they can run Thermal and shoot up any AT mines before theyh come into play.

Permabanned

It's DICE ****ing things up again. Same here, maps grind down to 40fps. Having Steam open or closed doesn't make a difference.

Soldato
Any half decent player will be running at least proxy on the gunner seat or have the situational awareness to screw you over easily.

Sacrificing your friends is just the same as yourself :p

When did I say Sacrificing? Making a distraction doesnt mean getting any of us killed, if theres 3 of us its pretty easy to distract the tank even if he has proxy scan running or a gunner.

1 blast from a SMAW and both main gunner and 2nd gunner are looking that way for the kill :)

Caporegime
While this is true on many maps a good tanker will using Thermal Vision, completely ruining the effect that a AT mine might have. Fort instance on SEINE where there is no threat of helocopter attack, they dont really need Smoke, so they can run Thermal and shoot up any AT mines before theyh come into play.
You gotta be careful with placement of mines, just over the crest of a rising hill works well, or just on the inside of a 90 degree turn. The sneakiest one that ive fallen victim to, is from mines placed under water at the ramps out of the sea near the cranes on canals map.

Soldato
When did I say Sacrificing? Making a distraction doesnt mean getting any of us killed, if theres 3 of us its pretty easy to distract the tank even if he has proxy scan running or a gunner.

1 blast from a SMAW and both main gunner and 2nd gunner are looking that way for the kill :)

Entirely situational, that and I like explosions close up..

You gotta be careful with placement of mines, just over the crest of a rising hill works well, or just on the inside of a 90 degree turn. The sneakiest one that ive fallen victim to, is from mines placed under water at the ramps out of the sea near the cranes on canals map.

use the claymore in a box technique if 2 of you on bazaar..Engi puts mines down in same place support positions box onto of mines..win win. Invisible(ish) mines.

Now more importantly mines should be used to kill tanks (sounds crazy eh?). Use mines to defend and area so that the tank/ lav has to slow down..All about the choke points.

Caporegime
Never use claymores much, (dont play as support very often tbh). But nice tip mate. If im playing TDM i like to use them now and again. That or c4, chuck a few packs down in tight alleys and sit back and watch the carnage.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom