Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
What has happened to some of the mods on the 247 server? I asked about someone who had TK'd me on purpose and he said he just chose to ignore me? And there is just so much bad language and other crap that I have removed it from my favorites! Are the good admins on holiday?

Caporegime
sweetfx doesn't seem to work with BF 3 at all, not through radeon pro (says post processing not available or something along those lines when I hit scroll lock to activate/disable it) nor with just the files placed in the BF 3 directory, well for me anyway :confused:

Soldato
What has happened to some of the mods on the 247 server? I asked about someone who had TK'd me on purpose and he said he just chose to ignore me? And there is just so much bad language and other crap that I have removed it from my favorites! Are the good admins on holiday?

There is so much "bad language" in the game what is seeing a few naughty words in chat? After all, its an adult game.

Associate

Admins need a break also once in a while. WE do tend to play the game also when we get a chance.

I admit that sometimes when people moan about being tk'ed etc (which we cant even check half the time) I just continue playing. About the language well depends who is online I guess. People can go till a certain point with me, after that its done.

Don't be so dramatic with the I put it off my favs.. Gl finding servers with half the admins and a active forum where people can post tk'ers and they will be dealt with afterwards. Not like we can be online 24/7. Game is dying anyway.

Soldato
Admins need a break also once in a while. WE do tend to play the game also when we get a chance.

I admit that sometimes when people moan about being tk'ed etc (which we cant even check half the time) I just continue playing. About the language well depends who is online I guess. People can go till a certain point with me, after that its done.

Don't be so dramatic with the I put it off my favs.. Gl finding servers with half the admins and a active forum where people can post tk'ers and they will be dealt with afterwards. Not like we can be online 24/7. Game is dying anyway.

Well said. Nothing more irritating when you are trying to play the game and you constantly get people moaning about TK'ers or something else. Sometimes you have to take it with pinch of salt, I'm not saying that was the case with you Greg, just saying. Also we do miss things in chat, we are human, we are trying to play the game as well, we might be in a tank under fire etc.

We have a rule for bad language and we kick/ban peeps for it.

Associate

I have only ever had cause to get upset enough once on the server to feel the need to report. Once I reported it on the cq247 forums, it was dealt with swiftly and properly. If you have a genuine grievance with a situation or somebody I suggest posting on their forums :)

Associate
I do enjoy hardcore as it gives a bit more challenge, but the amount of people that just play recon is close to infuriating at times. I'll stick to normal mode as I get the same kdr what ever mode I do play.

Associate
Really ! TBH i dont find there is way too many snipernoobs in hardcore
not as many as there was in BC2 certainly..
The only time i go sniper is to get achievements tbh.. i really cant abide camping somewhere taking pot shots .. its just boring

Caporegime
Apparently DICE have disabled all colour tweaking stuff, this includes sweetFX etc. (I think...) :mad:

Probably not bother with the game now as I can't stand their stupid "art direction".

If that is wrong and someone is using sweetFX, FXAA or any other colour tweaker (that won't get you banned/kicked) let me know what it is and how you got it to work.

Game is a more fun now that I can play it at more than 15-30FPS :p :o Doing even better than what I originally was despite not having played for 5-6 months.

Still extremely annoying overall though and the majority of players seem to have got even worse, chat box is full of non stop **** of your typical "eat it faggot", "losers", "STFU, I am owning you", "OMG, M320/RPG/sniper noob" getting accused of cheating if you kill someone more than 5 times etc. etc.

And the servers seem to have got even worse (for non premium members at least), majority of servers are noob with stupid amount of tickets, instant vehicle re-spawn or/and just like 1-3 maps rotating and unfortunately not many full 32/48 servers :( (normal core & conquest large that is)

Soldato
A server i was on yesterday had a few guys that seemed to only want to drive vehicles at you and jump out just before they hit you. Seems to be a way to get around the system when TK is off. Noticed some started sticking mines on the vehicles and were going for friendly vehicles too. Quite annoying. They seemed quite keen to fly the heli all the time so I just shot them out of the air a few times with the tank to get my own back.

Associate
Apparently DICE have disabled all colour tweaking stuff, this includes sweetFX etc. (I think...) :mad:

Probably not bother with the game now as I can't stand their stupid "art direction".

If that is wrong and someone is using sweetFX, FXAA or any other colour tweaker (that won't get you banned/kicked) let me know what it is and how you got it to work.

Game is a more fun now that I can play it at more than 15-30FPS :p :o Doing even better than what I originally was despite not having played for 5-6 months.

Still extremely annoying overall though and the majority of players seem to have got even worse, chat box is full of non stop **** of your typical "eat it faggot", "losers", "STFU, I am owning you", "OMG, M320/RPG/sniper noob" getting accused of cheating if you kill someone more than 5 times etc. etc.

And the servers seem to have got even worse (for non premium members at least), majority of servers are noob with stupid amount of tickets, instant vehicle re-spawn or/and just like 1-3 maps rotating and unfortunately not many full 32/48 servers :( (normal core & conquest large that is)

SweetFX works just fine. FXAA should also work.

About the players beind sad ****s in chat.. Couldnt agree more, huge buzzkill.

About the servers. We (cq247.co.uk) have 2 full servers 48 man.

1 with vanilla rotation, and the 2nd server was Aftermath but since today Aftermath and B2K maps (no wake island) with a votemap.

Caporegime
It isn't working for me at all, have tried doing it through radeonpro and manually adding the files to the installation directory :confused:

This is the one that I am trying to use:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02QRozsJ6Cc

What are you using and how are you doing it?

Aren't your servers hardcore though? Unfortunately I find normal core to be more enjoyable overall for this game :(

Associate
Yeh were HC. I dont use sweetfx via radeonpro as for some reason readeonpro doesnt seem to like my BF3.

Just download that file from the link beneath the video and drop those files in the main BF folder.
Like this:

eSo3u.jpg.png
Thats it

Last edited:
Caporegime
That is exactly what I have done but nothing happens, hit the scroll lock button and it is still the same colours :confused:

EDIT:

Tried westie's FXAA injector and it doesn't work either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom