Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Complete joke, dice basically gave in to the air jockeys and made aa weaponry for the most part useless. Stingers should be much more lethal than what they are but dice made them far too slow moving, slow to lock on, crap lock on range and put ecm into the game that's meant to stop lock ons but also doubles as flares. And the nerfing was all to do with the crying In the first few days of the game when people were still in the process of getting flares etc, and were being shot down quite frequently by stingers.

These comments only apply to jets.

The stingers absolutely rape the choppers, both scout and attack. Lock on, fire you first stinger and they will ECM. This gives them a 5 second window with which to leave the area and get out of your sight. Otherwise you can fire the next one off before his ECM reloads and its a one hit disable. Once you've got that disable the pilots only hope is to land and repair, and repeat the process as soon as they start back up again. Plus its ridiculously easy to shoot down attack choppers / scout choppers with tank shells / RPGs that are one hit kills.

The problem is the jets, which are almost impossible to touch as they can just fly out of range very quickly, something the choppers can't do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed with frodders here. The helicopters aren't too much of a bother although you will always get the Viper/Havok duo sitting safely over spawn and using TV exclusively. Jets are far more annoying. They have the speed to get out of missile range before you can lock on after they've used flares/ECM. Then they just come back, lose off their rockets and fly away again.

Soldato
I'd say Jets can be an issue in Normal mode but far less in HC, I'd even say they are fairly useless in HC unless a very good pilot is in there.

If a experienced heli duo are in they can really make short work of a map, however that said they do need AA / Jet support. If there is none and enemy jets are rampant with no Air support there isn't much you can do in a heli. I still TVF and Jet stupid enough to come at me front on (although most of the time it dusts :mad: )

Stingers to a heli team with ECM / Extinguisher combo that know how to seat switch = no probs

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'd say Jets can be an issue in Normal mode but far less in HC, I'd even say they are fairly useless in HC unless a very good pilot is in there.

If a experienced heli duo are in they can really make short work of a map, however that said they do need AA / Jet support. If there is none and enemy jets are rampant with no Air support there isn't much you can do in a heli. I still TVF and Jet stupid enough to come at me front on (although most of the time it dusts :mad: )

Stingers to a heli team with ECM / Extinguisher combo that know how to seat switch = no probs

Do you mean no problems to take down or no problems to deal with by the pilots? And seat switch between the pilot and gunner in flight?

Caporegime
Installed this again to have a go with CQ maps and have to say they are pretty enjoyable, no jet, heli or tank whores at all! :D

As usual though, same problems still:

- land slide wins
- can't connect to servers due to some problem with "an error was reported from EA online" :rolleyes:

Soldato
I am using Xbox 360 pad for Jet controls

In the cockpit view, I am using LB button to freehold and then use the right analogue stick to look around. However the problem is that say if I press the stick to the right to look right, the game turns the view to right slowly and gradually rather than quickly.

With the previous logitech dual action controller I could use the analogue stick to look around in the cockpit quickly.

Is there any way around to this situation with xbox pad, say by increasing the sensitivity ? :(

Edit: These guys had the same problem

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624899000413/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2832654489455951535/

Here is the visual demonstration of the problem:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom