Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can anyone offer me some advice regarding performance?

I've got an 3570k @ 4.2Ghz with 8GB Ram and 2GB Radeon 7850 and find fps is around 50 on conquest maps but falls to low 40s in places. Have settings as default Ultra in game and haven't changes anything in CCC.

Playing at 1600x1050 on 13.4 drivers.

Have you got the xfire profiles installed? Looks like a low fps to me as on a single 670 and a weaker cpu i7 [email protected], i get low 50's min @ 1440p with all on max except aa and motion blur.

Associate
Thinking of getting my friends around tonight and playing BF3.

I have a couple of other guest machines with dual cores e8400 at 3.4 with a GTX480 and a e8300 at stock with a GTX280.

When I last played on these dual cores with lesser GPUs it ran horrendous!
I am kinda thinking even with these better GPUs the dual cores will still be a massive bottleneck?

So, what are the settings do you need to turn down if you are running a dual core CPU?

Thanks!

:)

Soldato
Can anyone offer me some advice regarding performance?

I've got an 3570k @ 4.2Ghz with 8GB Ram and 2GB Radeon 7850 and find fps is around 50 on conquest maps but falls to low 40s in places. Have settings as default Ultra in game and haven't changes anything in CCC.

Playing at 1600x1050 on 13.4 drivers.

Just lower the graphics settings in game! I don't find the difference between Low and Ultra so massive its impossible to use anything else and it isnt like it matters when you're in the heat of battle anyway. Looks great on Low imo.

I'll take 60+ FPS over sub 40 anyday.

Caporegime
Just lower the graphics settings in game! I don't find the difference between Low and Ultra so massive its impossible to use anything else and it isnt like it matters when you're in the heat of battle anyway. Looks great on Low imo.

I'll take 60+ FPS over sub 40 anyday.

Couldn't see a difference between high and ultra personally. Stick with High.

Associate
So after having made the swap from PS3 to PC I have come to a couple of conclusions.

1) This game looks fantastic on PC.
2) Keyboard and Mouse is going to take some getting used to.

Caporegime
Some people prefer a mini keyboard pad thingy. Someone I play with regularly uses a Playstation Move controller for movement and mouse for shooting and it doesn't seem to hold him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom