Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hating all of you guys for getting a BF4 Alpha invite! but I'm quite enjoying playing in some Tanks with some of my mates at the minute. 3 tanks and 1 in the 3rd seat = extremely fun times.

Associate
Revisited BF3 after downloading the CQ maps. It has given the game a new lease of life!

The CQ maps are great when I want to dive straight into some gun action, plus theres loads of European servers available it seems.

Caporegime
Yeah I am enjoying the CQ maps quite a lot surprisingly! :o

- map design isn't bad, better than most of the poorly designed bland big maps
- no jet, heli or tanks whores (such a relief this! Considering how OP they can be when your team do nothing to help and take them down.......)
- can actually use a wide range of guns and not have to use the best guns only with these maps, probably because you don't need to worry about range, recoil, bullet spread and stopping power as much in close combat now, faster rate of fire is of more benefit now and I have also noticed people using a wide range of guns too rather than everyone running around with the same weapons i.e. M416 and M16 :rolleyes: Seriously, I have used way more guns and for longer periods in the last 3-4 days! Currently loving the P90 with the extended magazine.
- virtually no snipers
- gun master mode is good fun
- non stop chaos and you don't have to spend ages getting to an objective or whatever only to just get killed and have to start all over again

Have also noticed that there aren't as many landslide wins with these maps either, there are still quite a few every now and then but nowhere as bad with the vanilla and B2K maps....... IIRC the last 3 or 4 matches that I played last night, there was literally only a very small difference in tickets. So much more fun when you have good close matches rather than just having one team roll over the other team all the time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
lol the spite and hate that came from members on this forum when CQ was released. How things change.

Yup, I was originally one of those members who was annoyed with the map pack due to the nature of the gameplay i.e. COD, metro map (CQ maps are so much better than the metro map) but as posted above, they are actually much better than what I thought, largely because I don't encounter the annoying stuff that I encountered with the vanilla and B2k maps.

And another pro, I can finally quickly join a good server since I don't have to spend ages looking for a server that doesn't have the following:

- instant respawn vehicle
- stupid amount of tickets
- only 1-3 vanilla/b2k maps on rotation (and usually the maps that I hated)
- quite a lot of servers running only CQ maps surprisingly

Currently I am now thinking of buying the aftermath maps since I seem to enjoy these type of maps more i.e. more infantry based, close quarters and grand bazaar type of maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom