Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I've been getting BSODs non stop when I go to join any server - soon as it tries booting BF3 it just crashes the PC - have resintalled the game and all of the expansions and updated graphics drivers - also checked and audio drivers are up to date (using a Xonar D2) ... Anyone any ideas?

Nothing has changed to be honest since my cousins were here over easter and playing it just fine ... no overclock or hardware changes at all!

Soldato
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/lIIIlIIIIIlllllI/#

Watch out for this knob, obvious aimbot using the Tunguska as a sniper rifle, shooting people OUT of planes time and time again. Just had to watch it in killcam to see it twitching all over the place, laughable. Usual retard hacker with the "u mad" gimmick over and over.

There seems to be a lot of new accounts with hacks lately. Caught one yesterday and banned them from our servers. I reported them through Battlelog and the account was banned very quickly.

Associate
After two years I finally got around to playing the single player campaign!...and it was surprisingly good :D

For the multiplayer (Only level 17 and just got back into it)
What is generally considered the best close quarters gun?
What is the best mid range gun?

Caporegime
There seems to be a lot of new accounts with hacks lately. Caught one yesterday and banned them from our servers. I reported them through Battlelog and the account was banned very quickly.

Reported this one earlier, probably getting more hackers because the "new" games due later this year and they're bored of this one.

Caporegime
After two years I finally got around to playing the single player campaign!...and it was surprisingly good :D

For the multiplayer (Only level 17 and just got back into it)
What is generally considered the best close quarters gun?
What is the best mid range gun?

Sadly M16A3 and M16A3 with Heavy Barrel.

M5K has its merits but you might not have it. P90 useful for big magazine too. if your aim is good Shotgun with Slug is one hit kill just about anywhere.

Soldato
P90 with laser sight and silencer is extremely overpowered from the hip. I'm only really playing Nosh TDM at the moment and if my team sucks I'll wack that out and it'll more than likely win the game for me.

Give it a try, Kmodo. Multi-kills ferdayz.

Associate
I've been getting BSODs non stop when I go to join any server - soon as it tries booting BF3 it just crashes the PC - have resintalled the game and all of the expansions and updated graphics drivers - also checked and audio drivers are up to date (using a Xonar D2) ... Anyone any ideas?

Nothing has changed to be honest since my cousins were here over easter and playing it just fine ... no overclock or hardware changes at all!

Try disabling cloud usage in Origin and delete your Battlefield3 folder in "My Documents" (it's the settings folder). This helped me yesterday when I got "BF3.exe has stopped working" errors all of a sudden whenever I started the game.

Associate
Sadly M16A3 and M16A3 with Heavy Barrel.

M5K has its merits but you might not have it. P90 useful for big magazine too. if your aim is good Shotgun with Slug is one hit kill just about anywhere.

P90 with laser sight and silencer is extremely overpowered from the hip. I'm only really playing Nosh TDM at the moment and if my team sucks I'll wack that out and it'll more than likely win the game for me.

Give it a try, Kmodo. Multi-kills ferdayz.

Thanks guys I will give those two a go. I think I used to use the kh2002 but it does not seem as good as I remembered it.

Just unlocked the an94, what scenarios would this one be good for?

Associate
Been having some success with the F2000 , foregrip and laser. Its a hip fire beast and pretty good at medium too if you have to ADS. As Nemtizz says though the P90 with laser is terrific for CQ engagements

Associate
Been having some success with the F2000 , foregrip and laser. Its a hip fire beast and pretty good at medium too if you have to ADS. As Nemtizz says though the P90 with laser is terrific for CQ engagements

Looks like I won't have P90 till level 40 :0 so will give the F2000 a quick go :D

Caporegime
Personally I find with CQ maps, any gun is good, people actually use a wide range of guns with those maps rather than more or less everyone running with the M416 or M16 on the bigger maps......

For me, the ones that I do superb with are:

- P90 with extended mag and red dot sight
- ACWR
- M5k with extended mag and red dot sight (this is stupidly good actually, you don't even have to aim down the sights half the time)
- F2000 with foregrip and red dot sight
- shotgun with slug

MTAR and AS val are pretty good too

Associate
Really getting into this now so I've just bought the premium expansion pack.

Another question, what are the better maps to have a good fun game in? BF games go on a lot longer than CoD so if I can only get a couple of rounds in I would rather it be on the better maps and not Battlefields equivalent of Nuketown.

Associate
Really getting into this now so I've just bought the premium expansion pack.

Another question, what are the better maps to have a good fun game in? BF games go on a lot longer than CoD so if I can only get a couple of rounds in I would rather it be on the better maps and not Battlefields equivalent of Nuketown.

Personal preference tbh matey, but I prefer the original maps the best, however the end game maps are also pretty good in my opinion.

Associate
Personal preference tbh matey, but I prefer the original maps the best, however the end game maps are also pretty good in my opinion.

Whenever I have played in the past I always went on the redone BF2 maps. Are you referring to the original BF3 maps i.e. Caspian Border etc as I never thought much of them.

EDIT: More info

Maps I know I like so far are BF2 ones, Donya Fortress and Grand Bazaar. What maps are most like these?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom