Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its pretty sad that people turn the graphics settings down so they can see more. Of course smooth fps is important but the whole point of developibg new game engines with better graphics is for more realistic abd harder to spot opponents surely?

Of course each to their own but if yiur going to try to make bf3 look like counter strike then whats the point in playing bf3?

Sure the visuals are nice from time to time, mainly in SP games but in MP, for me, it's all about the gameplay, especially in twitch shooters. It's an FPS, how are you still shocked that people prefer having smooth frames over graphics? I probably have just as much fun with my 140+ fps as you do enjoying the detail on a mesh fence. I'm not sure why it's an issue how other people play and enjoy the game.

I think its pretty sad that people turn the graphics settings down so they can see more. Of course smooth fps is important but the whole point of developibg new game engines with better graphics is for more realistic abd harder to spot opponents surely?

Of course each to their own but if yiur going to try to make bf3 look like counter strike then whats the point in playing bf3?

Turning BF3 down to all low does not make it look like counter-strike, if there is one thing you could ever praise DICE for with BF3 it was how good it looked on lower settings whilst giving back FPS. Look at Planetside 2... turning everything down in that game does make it look like complete ass compared to it's ultra settings and it's completely anti-competitive to boot, letting you turn off bushes, shadows, smoke effects etc

Also I wouldn't have thought the goal of new game engines is to make opponents harder to spot, especially in one that has 3D spotting as a core feature.

Last edited:
Guys you donr need 140fps for smoothness. .

But turning down all the settings will increase the contrast between textures making things stand out more.

Whats the point in superior detailed graphics If it's all undone to make everything look as different as possible and negate thing like camo etc.

but then yes I am the person who thinks that those fx injectors were also very much against the spirit of the game.

Nothing against the FX injectors - SMAA and FXAA are welcome additions to the game and get rid of the muddy textures.

However, I would agree about the use of "Low"...I don't see the point in spending hundreds on a 1440 monitor and 2 680s, only to turn down one of my main game's GFX settings so that I can score a few more kills. There is just no way that it makes an ounce of sense.

IMO as it stands, Ping, and not FPS, is the main determinant of MP "smoothness".

Any guys fancy challenging Tttommy and I to a 2vs2 Heli scrim? Let me know when you fancy it. Caspian /Firestorm?

Westie, you an Punch? TFU guys?

If you hadn't gotten yourself banned I would have asked if we could do some heli action. I so rarely use them that I would like some time with someone who know's what they are doing and has a morsel of patience (badboy).

Started to get a bit board of playing solo, I used to play/admin in a US based clan on Battlefield 2 and had a lot more fun than I am at the moment. So looking to join a clan with a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server but is not expecting you to be on comms all the time, as sometimes I like to listen to music through speakers.

Here are my stats:

http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/Ash2097

Ideally one that mainly just play for a laugh and not take it too seriously.

Any ideas?

Started to get a bit board of playing solo, I used to play/admin in a US based clan on Battlefield 2 and had a lot more fun than I am at the moment. So looking to join a clan with a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server but is not expecting you to be on comms all the time, as sometimes I like to listen to music through speakers.

Here are my stats:

Any ideas?

Ash,

Click on my sig. We have a decent bunch of people playing a variety of games. BF3 and ARMA being the main two at the moment. There's a good few of us who post on here too.

We have had competitive teams in the past and have the odd scrim from time to time, but mostly just playing for the enjoyment and being raged at by our beloved scouser.

Here are my stats:

Any ideas?

If you like playing on HC servers then check out cq247.co.uk Team Speak details on the forums etc. We like to have a laugh and your're not expected to be on TS all the time. See sig for links etc.

Ash,

Click on my sig. We have a decent bunch of people playing a variety of games. BF3 and ARMA being the main two at the moment. There's a good few of us who post on here too.

We have had competitive teams in the past and have the odd scrim from time to time, but mostly just playing for the enjoyment and being raged at by our beloved scouser.

Hi,

Just signed up to the forum with username (RustyBulletHole) not filled out application yet.

Could not see the gaming servers on your site though, what servers are you running?

Last edited:
bit miffed, uninstalled ESET and went back to MSE... no more BSODS. but yea I deffo suggest getting a bsod reader and having a google :)

Sorted it!! - removed Avast and stuck MSE on and no more instant BSODs :D:cool:

There I was trying each stick of ram on its own - got 4 x 4gb sticks, when I needn't have bothered ... the insides needed a clean anyway hahaha

Odd though as Avast was fine with BF3 for ages but only recently seems to have caused a conflict somewhere!

Think im the only person who loves metro, i never get bored of the map :D

Its a popular map but i am most firmly in the 'hate it' camp. Its just so damn boring, the design limits the game play to the point that each round is identical to the last.

Now what really bugs me is when on 247's server and people vote metro when there's any number of metro only servers already out there!

Had a strange game on 247's server where we won by 200+ points, and I'm still not certain how :confused: Felt like we were getting stuffed, particularly as we had no pilots (and our AA seemed content to defend our uncap :mad:). Optimus-Fridge had the air to himself from what I saw and death from above was a touch annoying :D

Just saw your vid Bristol very nice. I spent many an hour on your servers especially in BFBC :)

Last edited:
If you like playing on HC servers then check out cq247.co.uk Team Speak details on the forums etc. We like to have a laugh and your're not expected to be on TS all the time. See sig for links etc.

I'll be back soon, it's ages since I last played BF3! After an update it ran poorly so I went back to WoT. Finally decided to upgrade though, and I'll be getting that sorted over the coming week. Just need to pick a 7950 up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom