Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went from HC to normal for these reasons:

- suppression system makes hardcore pointless now imo as it is essentially whoever fires first will be guaranteed to get the kill regardless of who is a "better" player
- far too many campers in HC
- snipers, grenades and explosives aren't as much of a problem in HC
- less teamwork in HC (no idea why.... but I get revived so much more and actually get more ammo and med packs than with hardcore servers.... maybe because most people playing hardcore care more about their K/d???)

Much preferred HC in BC 2 to normal, that game was unplayable in normal mode :o

My only major complaint with normal is tank shells are so crap, some how people can survive a tank shell hitting the ground right where they are standing..........

3D spotting is damn annoying but I can put up with it.

Anyone else having issues with this pos just sitting on "joining server" for minutes at a time doing nothing? Tried 4 or 5 now and it either sits doing nothing or the status box just closes after a few seconds.

ed: finally got in a game, seems to be sometimes it doesn't bother to try and do the sync of data beforehand, if you don't see that pop up it doesn't try to connect =/

Last edited:
I tried on low settings with ultra mesh and SSAO and got no noticeable improvement in fps - guess I'm limited by my Q9550, so may as well play on ultra and enjoy the scenery. Getting around 70 fps on Caspian all ultra, no AA, SSAO seeing almost 100% usage on CPU at 4.0Ghz and GTX 770 at 70-80% usage.

I tried on low settings with ultra mesh and SSAO and got no noticeable improvement in fps - guess I'm limited by my Q9550, so may as well play on ultra and enjoy the scenery. Getting around 70 fps on Caspian all ultra, no AA, SSAO seeing almost 100% usage on CPU at 4.0Ghz and GTX 770 at 70-80% usage.

I am playing on medium settings with my Q9650@4Ghz and Gigabyte 7950 and in Kharg Island during heavy action I saw cpu usage went up to 93.5% while gpu usage went down to 35% lol and still giving me around 45fps lol

The 775/C2Q heavily bottleneck modern gpu cards in cpu intensive games :p

WZ30, try switching to ultra and see if your frames actually drop, I think because of the CPU limitation you, like me, have probably hit the wall re fps. In any event u def want Mesh quality on ultra as that is effectively draw distance.

The more I play this game the more id like to get a hold of one of these retard admins by the throat and put his head through a wall.

Heres a brilliant example of why inbreds should not be allowed to admin servers.

Playing on gulf of oman, the usual standard BF game where one side is winning easily (ie, not my team), autobalance happens then we get one idiot from their team on ours, he then proceeds to get into the AA turret on the carrier and hose all our aircraft. Literally nobody could get taking off with anything, and when it was complained about all we got was "stop crying", "keyboard warrior" etc. And the real joke was there was an admin on the other team (no surprise there) telling me off for going off on this moron, he was quite happy to let this occur as long as his team was winning....

After about 10 minutes of this where we got about 1 jet into the air I get banned from the server for going off on the admin. Just goes to show the mentality of some players in this game, PLAYING the game doesn't matter, but WINNING means everything, even if you have to put a player onto a team to destroy the opposing aircraft to do it.

Utterly ****ing pathetic, how inbred chimps like this get to admin a server just boggles the mind. Server name was =TBE= #1 gulf of oman 24/7 Avoid like aids...

Last edited:
Aye Gerard know what you mean, this guy was TK for choppers everytime, so i finally got him and TK him, he was the admin lol, banned i was :rolleyes:

As for the ones who don't like HC wtf, SC is pure garbage end of story.

Not bad fps those, and caspian 64 player is pretty demanding. Got quite a bit of cpu bottlenecking with my previous i5 3570k at 4.5ghz and sli 670's. Card use only maxing at 80%. Upto 91% now with a stock 3770k. Ultra settings with x4 msaa, HBAO on blur off at 1920x1200. Card usage would be higher if the cpu was oc'd, but this chip is a bit of a dud in that department.

I'm surprised by the bottleneck on the newer chips setter, you sure that's what was causing the low GPU usage?!

Does anyone know how you enable that graph that runs during gameplay showing GPU vs CPU? I am currently using HWinfo to display it through RSS but only in number format.

I'm surprised by the bottleneck on the newer chips setter, you sure that's what was causing the low GPU usage?!

Does anyone know how you enable that graph that runs during gameplay showing GPU vs CPU? I am currently using HWinfo to display it through RSS but only in number format.

Use this guide to enable it in osd with afterburner.

http://lustfulness.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9167753

ed: oh that thing, thought you were looking for a cpu\ gpu load indicator.

Last edited:
In bf3 yes, the non ht i5 chips are quite a bottleneck in bf3 with sli/xfire. I was able to do the same on my old i7 920 sli gtx 470 setup by turning off hyperthreading. When i had the 3570k, with afterburner osd running, i could see in game that the cards werent running any higher than 80%. In benches like heaven, (single threaded) card use was a constant 99%.

Regarding the performance graph, guide on how to set it up here.

http://bftips.com/2011/11/how-to-display-your-fps-and-ingame-ping-in-battlefield-3-on-pc/

For cpu use though, i just use coretemp set to display in my g15 keyboard lcd display.

It isn't so much cpus bottlenecking new cards it's just bf3 is poorly optimised tbh.... my 7970 never goes above 65% usage on the settings I use and that's with 2500k at 5ghz :( but fps hardly drop below 121....

It isn't so much cpus bottlenecking new cards it's just bf3 is poorly optimised tbh.... my 7970 never goes above 65% usage on the settings I use and that's with 2500k at 5ghz :( but fps hardly drop below 121....

Assuming you are one of the all low settings people.

If so, why would you expect more than 65% GPU usage? BF3 on low is easy to drive, I did it on a 285GTX. Running on low settings will see you hit a CPU bottleneck before a GPU one.

I as good as max out GPU usage on a GTX680 with a 2600k @ 4.5Ghz easily. Don't see more than 40-50% CPU utilisation on each core. All Ultra at 1920x1080.

Nothing to do with BF3 optimisation at all. It's probably one of the best engines I have used in a long time that can actually deliver solid performance AND scale well when you throw more hardware at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom