Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
why people moan about low settings in fps its always been this way low settings and high fps

it is a fps game :p

that article is okay but he didnt show single card situation.

why people moan about low settings in fps its always been this way low settings and high fps

it is a fps game :p

that article is okay but he didnt show single card situation.

Yeah it's always been this, and its always had both groups as well. The majority of people will play the SP with all the bells and whistles turned on for maximum immersion in the game environment. When we move to MP there are still those who prefer the bells and whistles and then there are those who would rather have every advantage they can squeeze out of the engine. Quake 3 was hilarious for this not to mention those who have eye bleeding gamma levels to eradicate every shadow from a game!

yeah but in those kinda games it makes a difference with the engine bf3 engine doesnt benefit from higher fps like quake does. longer jumps , faster running, strafing, this is why people laugh when people start crying about exploits and stuff in bf3.

yeah but in those kinda games it makes a difference with the engine bf3 engine doesnt benefit from higher fps like quake does. longer jumps , faster running, strafing, this is why people laugh when people start crying about exploits and stuff in bf3.

Today I got my new processor and now I'm getting over 100 FPS constantly instead of 30 - 70. It is a big difference for me. I also have a 120hz Monitor. That may also be a reason I feel such a difference.

Oh Quake 3 was just an example. CS, DoD, BF 1942, CoD, BF2 etc. all had people using monitor profiles and gamma settings to eliminate dark corners etc, and low res to make things easier to see. Going to an i event always used to be amusing, the tweakers always used to be in the minority I don't know if that still holds true. Obviously they got a lot of stick! :D

Been looking at some vids of some what they call "gameplay" from some posts on battlelog, quite amusing how people hovering at the edge of a map spamming tv missiles, rockets and the main cannon across the map are posting it up on YouTube like they're doing something special.

Just enforces what I said earlier, some people don't care about "playing", but they'll do whatever possible to win regardless.

Er do you have any idea how to fly? I mean really? The Attack choppers are just target practice in close. 2 people with Igla's and they are done for unless you keep your range.

I'd say a good 1/5 if not more heli's that engage my tank at low level or close to me end up finding a tank shell on their face. Also height is your major and only defense anti jet tactic. It enables you to be able to dive and when needed, face vertical so your gunner can TV them while still giving you time to pull up before hitting the ground.

Heli's teams that know what they are doing leave the gunner to kill everything and the pilot merely enables him and defends against threats. The pilot is NOT the gunner!!! That said guided rockets are useful against other Air / Armor when needed.

Er do you have any idea how to fly? I mean really? The Attack choppers are just target practice in close. 2 people with Igla's and they are done for unless you keep your range.

I'd say a good 1/5 if not more heli's that engage my tank at low level or close to me end up finding a tank shell on their face. Also height is your major and only defense anti jet tactic. It enables you to be able to dive and when needed, face vertical so your gunner can TV them while still giving you time to pull up before hitting the ground.

Heli's teams that know what they are doing leave the gunner to kill everything and the pilot merely enables him and defends against threats. The pilot is NOT the gunner!!! That said guided rockets are useful against other Air / Armor when needed.

Yes I do know how to fly, and when I do I don't hover over my main spawn and have a gunner spam the map with cannon and missile fire. I get into the meat of the game, if I get shot down so what. That's part and parcel of the game. There's quite a few maps with structures that give helicopters things to dodge behind, so you're not quite "stinger fodder" the moment you dare to venture out of your safe zone.

Hiding either above your main spawn or behind it and spamming across the map comes off as pathetic, you're well out of the range of any AA yet the gunner can use the cannon and tv missile combined with the zoom to lay waste to anything moving.

Racking up 100+ kills from hiding like a bitch at the edge of a map just strikes me as pathetic. Especially if its obvious the enemy can do damn all against it, and that was definitely the case in the vids I viewed.

Yes I do know how to fly, and when I do I don't hover over my main spawn and have a gunner spam the map with cannon and missile fire. I get into the meat of the game, if I get shot down so what. That's part and parcel of the game. There's quite a few maps with structures that give helicopters things to dodge behind, so you're not quite "stinger fodder" the moment you dare to venture out of your safe zone.

Hiding either above your main spawn or behind it and spamming across the map comes off as pathetic, you're well out of the range of any AA yet the gunner can use the cannon and tv missile combined with the zoom to lay waste to anything moving.

Racking up 100+ kills from hiding like a bitch at the edge of a map just strikes me as pathetic. Especially if its obvious the enemy can do damn all against it, and that was definitely the case in the vids I viewed.

Wow.

And really, if you are flying at 20 feet above ground with you gunner screaming blooming nose up at chat at you, stop, think and look both ways before crossing the road, do not stop at go, go straight to jail and GET SOME RANGE :D

And really, if you are flying at 20 feet above ground with you gunner screaming blooming nose up at chat at you, stop, think and look both ways before crossing the road, do not stop at go, go straight to jail and GET SOME RANGE :D

Ah yes, mad because of a couple of vids I viewed that I wasn't part of, makes sense. Merely stating an opinion that anyone that "plays" like that needs to grow a pair. Then again to them its all about where they come on the board and nothing less than top spot will do no matter how its achieved, while the rest of the world views it for what it is, a game. :)

Meh, with a bit of luck BF4 does away with this type of crap anyway, maybe then the edge of the map huggers might actually have to play where the action is instead of creeping around the bare fringes of it. It might be a scary place kids but I KNOW you can do it :D

Agree 100%, though anyone who disagrees is obviously guilty of it.

But still not as bad as the pathetic base rapers.

Agree 100%, though anyone who disagrees is obviously guilty of it.

But still not as bad as the pathetic base rapers.

In the vids I watched quite a few of their "mad skillz" kills were actually taking out helicopters as they were in the process of taking off from main spawn. Not exactly the kind of people you want to play against with the "win by any means necessary" mantra :)

Last edited:
Been looking at some vids of some what they call "gameplay" from some posts on battlelog, quite amusing how people hovering at the edge of a map spamming tv missiles, rockets and the main cannon across the map are posting it up on YouTube like they're doing something special.

Just enforces what I said earlier, some people don't care about "playing", but they'll do whatever possible to win regardless.

It's a shame the modding community was denied access to BF3. Project Reality on BF2 was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had. Like minded people makes for superb team orientated gameplay. All the stats 'n stuff in BF3 means that it will always suffer in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom