Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I cant believe what i am seeing. Point in case is that in 925 there are paint buckets at the rear of the unfinished offices, if you shoot the buckets, paint splashes out explosively almost like someone has thrown paint over your monitor, its so well done. And in the parking lot the weapon flashes and projectile sparks are in a word Scintillating!!!!!!

I love shooting scenery in games, especially windows :D, so I'm going bucket hunting now ;)

Two questions regarding gunslinger (as I keep thinking of it):
- Is there an all vs all mode for gunmaster? That would be sweet!
- Is there a mode where the weapons get worse not better? I.e. start with high-powered rifles/machine guns and work way down to pistols, then knife?

Says it all Joe ;) lol

Oh look who came back to flap his gums again, Mr "I'm clearly too inarticulate to have a discussion about some of the crap that goes on in this game seeing as i do nothing but whore it out to the nth degree, so i'll just post a vague lol and dribble about getting banned if I vented my angst".

Very cute :)

LOL, yeah because I've not sunk almost thousands of hours into a game that has had issues from day 1 and continues to do so? Ever hear of casual gaming? During the Alpha, Beta and at launch I played quite a bit of BF3, then dice started to prat around with the game and it got boring having to constantly see what they fixed vs what they messed up, I've only recently started playing the game again and its even more of a mess than it was back then.

Its funny that it seems in some people's opinion you have to sink thousands of hours into a game to comment on balance issues and some of the cheap tactics that people are employing. When its clearly not the case, especially in the case of BF3.

Last edited:
I love how, in just a few posts, forum newcomer dmferret has totally melted Nexus18, to the point where is is *nearly* admitting to liking BF3 :)

:p

Although I have posted before he came around that I really like the CQ DLC pack :p ;)

For some reason with those DLC maps, I just find the game a lot more enjoyable and fun, which is weird since I much prefer having vehicles and more open maps, I think it is just since I don't encounter the main issues that I have when playing the other normal maps especially when it comes to choosing servers (with vanilla/B2k maps, I have to spend like 10 minutes finding a good enjoyable server) and having very good close matches.

Dear god, I've been lucky in that I never really had any issues running BF3. That wasn't the case over the weekend! It failed to start on my old rig after updating, tried a half dozen things to get it working but no joy. Oh well, I'm rebuilding the rig anyway I thought... Same problem with a completely fresh windows and BF3 install! I spent all last night on Google trying to sort it out, every time I got past one hurdle something else wouldn't work! Finally got there though, turns put I haven't played BF3 since march last year! :eek:

Oh look who came back to flap his gums again, Mr "I'm clearly too inarticulate to have a discussion about some of the crap that goes on in this game seeing as i do nothing but whore it out to the nth degree, so i'll just post a vague lol and dribble about getting banned if I vented my angst".

Very cute :)

LOL, yeah because I've not sunk almost thousands of hours into a game that has had issues from day 1 and continues to do so? Ever hear of casual gaming? During the Alpha, Beta and at launch I played quite a bit of BF3, then dice started to prat around with the game and it got boring having to constantly see what they fixed vs what they messed up, I've only recently started playing the game again and its even more of a mess than it was back then.

Its funny that it seems in some people's opinion you have to sink thousands of hours into a game to comment on balance issues and some of the cheap tactics that people are employing. When its clearly not the case, especially in the case of BF3.

lol

Oddly amusing how the players who employ the tactics discussed have nothing to say for themselves but "lol", guess that says quite a lot. Might want to engage your brains once in a while and maybe add to the discussion instead of getting your collective little panties in a wad about whoring out pathetic tactics. So I'll put it to you Children this way, if Below Radar was brought back to how it was (no locking until you're above 30 feet) would that be a fair trade off to having to deal with the "dreaded" stinger locks? And would it bring helicopters onto the battlefield again instead of hiding along the edges, or have the saddo tactics already went too far for there to be any change even if this was implemented?

Last edited:
Indeed gerard! Always the same comeback.........

They've nothing to say for themselves it seems, thousands of hours of gameplay and they've no opinion on the matter so far, it just comes full circle to them taking the cheap and easy way to play. We'll see if any brain cells can engage to actually answer the question. :)

If you are looking for insightful, intelligent discussion why are you looking on a forum thread about a PC game? Some of us have spent hundreds of hours listening to noobs whining about the same old stuff in chat, now we have to listen to it hear too?

Sometimes a simple "lol" is all that is needed to reply to worthless and insensible posts about how BF3 is "even more of a mess than it was back then". Even this short sentence here is more than some trolls need as validation.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome not Whine, Cry and Rage quit.

If you are looking for insightful, intelligent discussion why are you looking on a forum thread about a PC game? Some of us have spent hundreds of hours listening to noobs whining about the same old stuff in chat, now we have to listen to it hear too?

Sometimes a simple "lol" is all that is needed to reply to worthless and insensible posts about how BF3 is "even more of a mess than it was back then". Even this short sentence here is more than some trolls need as validation.

Improvise, Adapt and Overcome not Whine, Cry and Rage quit.

So apparently this forum is incapable of intelligent discussion about a game? Well its obvious a few people haven't reached that level, funny enough they seem to be the "LOL" crowd. And id much sooner have the discussion here instead of going over to the battlelog forums..... lets face it, that's really scraping the barrel.

Listen to it here? Didn't realise my text was coming out of your speakers as audio. And yes, BF3 is a mess, it started when Dice started with the kneejerk reaction nerfs and "fixes", surely the amount of implementations the stinger went through along with other "op" weapons backs that up? They go from making weapons "op" to useless in one fell swoop and then it takes several more "balance changes" before its half decent again.

And realistically the only reason you're in with the "lol" crap is I have a point about the way that some people "play" the game (you apparently being one of them judging by some of your rambling) and you can't accept that its pure cheap, cringeworthy crap. Answer the question I put forth instead of dodging the issue at hand son.

"improvise adapt overcome", yeah, pity on specific maps doing anything at all about it is nigh on impossible and that fact has been proven in a few vids. But a good game isn't your concern right? Just as long as you get to the top of the scoreboard using whatever sad little tactics you can.

Whatever happened to people playing games for fun instead of having some raging stiffy for hitting the top of the board by whatever means necessary? :confused:

Last edited:
So apparently this forum is incapable of intelligent discussion about a game? Well its obvious a few people haven't reached that level, funny enough they seem to be the "LOL" crowd. And id much sooner have the discussion here instead of going over to the battlelog forums..... lets face it, that's really scraping the barrel.

Listen to it here? Didn't realise my text was coming out of your speakers as audio. And yes, BF3 is a mess, it started when Dice started with the kneejerk reaction nerfs and "fixes", surely the amount of implementations the stinger went through along with other "op" weapons backs that up? They go from making weapons "op" to useless in one fell swoop and then it takes several more "balance changes" before its half decent again.

And realistically the only reason you're in with the "lol" crap is I have a point about the way that some people "play" the game (you apparently being one of them judging by some of your rambling) and you can't accept that its pure cheap, cringeworthy crap. Answer the question I put forth instead of dodging the issue at hand son.

"improvise adapt overcome", yeah, pity on specific maps doing anything at all about it is nigh on impossible and that fact has been proven in a few vids. But a good game isn't your concern right? Just as long as you get to the top of the scoreboard using whatever sad little tactics you can.

Whatever happened to people playing games for fun instead of having some raging stiffy for hitting the top of the board by whatever means necessary? :confused:

Did not read :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom