Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly Joe is yanking your chain

Exactly this. Bait the line, wait for the fish to bite (that reference was for Westie).

Some people play as casual gamers, some of us play serious (that really doesn't include me all the time, I used to be a troll). Play the way you want. I get Xbowed and C4 jeeped all the time, usually saying well done to the person doing it. Good C4'ing is so much fun you come very close to wetting yourself. It's a fun casual, fun way of playing. That said, when I'm in heli mode with my 2vs2 gunner tommy we have our Heli perks setup perfectly and have practised mid air swaps to we can employ flares / extinguisher. We play serious on public matches because this means it is second nature when competing.

If a game is really annoying you to the extent of having to waste numerous pages of a forum (yet surely that is the main use of forums) I'd suggest you leave the game.

Exactly this. Bait the line, wait for the fish to bite (that reference was for Westie).

Some people play as casual gamers, some of us play serious (that really doesn't include me all the time, I used to be a troll). Play the way you want. I get Xbowed and C4 jeeped all the time, usually saying well done to the person doing it. Good C4'ing is so much fun you come very close to wetting yourself. It's a fun casual, fun way of playing. That said, when I'm in heli mode with my 2vs2 gunner tommy we have our Heli perks setup perfectly and have practised mid air swaps to we can employ flares / extinguisher. We play serious on public matches because this means it is second nature when competing.

If a game is really annoying you to the extent of having to waste numerous pages of a forum (yet surely that is the main use of forums) I'd suggest you leave the game.

Always funny how when people really have no argument they fall back on the "I was trolling" bandwagon or in this case "baiting the line", funny thing was no "bait" was taken so it didn't really work out, did it? Nope. ;)

As for the game, its only annoying in 3 scenarios, when the said "saddo" tactics are in use, when a team is heavily stacked against the other which seems to be the norm in quite a lot of servers, or as you may have guessed, both at the same time. So far I've seen more evidence of stacked teams than I have people hiding in their spawns or at the edge of maps, have ran into a few of the hovering heli mob and basically just rammed my jet into them a few times, if they're gonna play like that Im not even going to waste the time of day riddling them especially if its obvious teammates have tried and failed to take them down, ramming them is far more rewarding, especially if instead of exploding they lose control and end up nose first in the ground. :)

You must not have much experience of forums if you think "wasting pages" on an issue is something to quit something over, if that was the case the graphics subsection would be empty :p

Last edited:
Are we ladies bitching or are we hardened Battlefield soldiers. Be a battlefield warrior not a keyboard one.

Back on Topic

The other good thing with BF3 is the drag and droppable friend team speak. I was chatting to a few new mates from Norway and Gibraltar whilst introducing my tactical aid (my brother) which i thought was a good move, keen to develope international relationships....

Then being totally immersed in the action and achievements ive got the bf3 app on my Iphone----Yeah I know its obsessive but i can monitor my assignment progression on the fly and check out whos currently playing and how my mates are doing and their stats and rank ups. The app allows me to plan in advance what my next unlocks might be and also what i need to achieve and how. (Its totally anal I know but its free and its useful)

So I hope that aspect is Kept for BF4.

Anyone Got The Rambo Dogtag?

I love shooting scenery in games, especially windows :D, so I'm going bucket hunting now ;)

Two questions regarding gunslinger (as I keep thinking of it):
- Is there an all vs all mode for gunmaster? That would be sweet!
- Is there a mode where the weapons get worse not better? I.e. start with high-powered rifles/machine guns and work way down to pistols, then knife?

There isnt an all verse all mode in close quarter. But you could always c4 your friends if you want to show how much you love them...

There is a reverse gun master where you start with a high powered scoped rifle with negative progression down to pistols and the grand fanale the blade take down..

I find G36 works best.

Try These Dude (All need to be unlocked, M4a1 needs unlocking as its automatic verse burst fire in M4)

The M4A1 is a tool of a weapon arguably better than the noob m16, ACW-R is a mid/high Range 6.5mm round great stopping power and the Mtar 21 has the highest rate of fire in the engineer class so can really lay it down in close quarter combat.

M4A1 + FG + HB for all round awesomeness (30 kill streak with it on Caspian last night). ACW-R Bipod + HB for long range maps (bipod for those extra long shots). Mtar + foregrip + Laser? (can't remember) great close quarters weapon, the AEK of engi guns. Mtar is also ideal as a tank driver weapon. Get out and hipfire the C4 dudes away.

Thanks all, seems the M4A1 and ACW-R gets the shout. Will work towards them if not unlocked already (unlikely, only play engi when some tanks need shooting!)

Had a good couple of games on CQ247 again last night, its definitely my go-to server for good, honest, close games

The other good thing with BF3 is the drag and droppable friend team speak. I was chatting to a few new mates from Norway and Gibraltar whilst introducing my tactical aid (my brother) which i thought was a good move, keen to develope international relationships....

Anyone Got The Rambo Dogtag?

On "Neat Features", I only discovered a few sessions ago that you can switch Server in Battlelog while you are still in-game i.e. so ALT-TAB out and just select the new Server, and Battlelog will do the rest, auto-switching you to the new Server in your current Window. How awesome is that! Prior to this I would always Exit the game first before re-joining :)

Also, w.r.t Rambo Tag, I swear I have had Multi-Kills (i.e. more than Triple-kills) before but it has never registered on the Achievement :( Not that I care all that much, but still...

Also, w.r.t Rambo Tag, I swear I have had Multi-Kills (i.e. more than Triple-kills) before but it has never registered on the Achievement :( Not that I care all that much, but still...

I've manage to get 2 out of 5 multikills towards Rambo, but like yourself ive had loads of triple kills and it didn't register in battlelog. I think reflecting on this subjectively and discussing this with my bro we reached the conclusion that enemy combatants need to die pretty much simaltaneously. So its gonna be a nice c4 plant or grenade from god to kill 3-4 people in syncrony. Still 3 more then you can call me John. Aka John Rambo, Fully star swearing, read the FAQ - Davey Yeah lol. :) Dont Push Me.......................................

The other useful thing i found out was that the recon Mav can lock on to enemy spawn beacons and fire an emp that destroys them. This might seem pretty trivial to those infrequent players, but if you get roof glitching snipers who lay a beacon in that zone; can have his whole squad spawn in the glitch area. By destroying the beacon it stops the enemy respawning once they've been "mullered"

Last edited:
I've manage to get 2 out of 5 multikills towards Rambo, but like yourself ive had loads of triple kills and it didn't register in battlelog. I think reflecting on this subjectively and discussing this with my bro we reached the conclusion that enemy combatants need to die pretty much simaltaneously. So its gonna be a nice c4 plant or grenade from god to kill 3-4 people in syncrony.

Is this your definition of a triple kill, or the games? It will say triple kill in game if you get it. But a multikill is 4 kills that need to done pretty much all together, I have managed to get a multikill with a shotgun on Metro before, but generally you're going to get them with explosives.

Is this your definition of a triple kill, or the games? It will say triple kill in game if you get it. But a multikill is 4 kills that need to done pretty much all together, I have managed to get a multikill with a shotgun on Metro before, but generally you're going to get them with explosives.

So a multikill is always 4+ kills, thats a tough one especially using conventional tactics.

Not an issue, the 247 servers tend to be some of the best HC servers. My issues are with the senior admins.

I play with gC ghostCompany competitively and many others too :D

What is your in game name ferrett? Oh and Multikills....Get yourself a tank and shoot some transport choppers down on Firestorm ;)

Last edited:
Used to have fun times playing on the 247 servers these days I avoid them on account of butthurt admins.

About 4 weeks ago I was playing on their metro server and got kicked for killing an admin 4 times on the trot.

He called me a camper and said to go away in jerky motions. :D

Funny though as his team had all the flags except A so I was guarding the exit to the subway and supplying my team so they couldn't cap A. He was laid in that little alcove just inside the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom