Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only ever seen a couple of hackers and both were massively obvious, one guy was using a Tunguska as a literal sniper rifle, shooting people out of jets over and over and over. No matter what way your jet was oriented he somehow got a headshot and shot you out of the thing. He ended up going like 80 odd kills and about 1 death. Besides that not really many, seen few people glitching on certain maps but nothing really blatant like the scrub in the Tunguska.

Infantry combat in this game imo is a bit hit or miss, like most battlefield games there's definitely situations where you should have won but come out on the losing side for no real reason. Which is why I mainly stick to vehicles, Dice has never been known for good infantry combat really, BC2 was decent though, certainly better than it is in BF3.

Last edited:
I have encountered quite a few cheaters in the last few days, some were very obvious and some not so obvious. Quite funny when you have several people complaining about a not so obvious cheater and then he just becomes blatantly obvious, almost like he thinks "oh well they're on to me so I might as well just get as many kills as possible now" :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it is so hard to present "hard evidence" to admins though due to the lack of a proper kill cam and then aimbots etc. these days being far better so they aren't as obvious i.e. you use to be able to tell by headshots to kills alone, now it doesn't matter. Plus with dice changing the hit reg type, it just made things far easier for the cheaters and meant they could make/use even better cheats, not to mention with the crap hit reg type it makes it even harder to detect :rolleyes:

If you don't know what to look for "manually", this is a pretty good tool to use:

http://cheatometer.hedix.de/

If you do encounter a cheater, don't bother wasting your time reporting the profile, it seems DICE/EA just added that to make people happy and think that they look and take the cheating situation seriously as a number of players that I reported near the release of this game are still playing (despite linking BL reports where they have 150+ kills with 10 deaths on maps like caspian) The fact that they took down a platoon dedicated to "outing" the cheaters (with plenty of evidence), lame 3 strike policy (and the perma ban is only an account, not IP), handing out temp bans for "naming and shaming" on the BL forums etc. just shows how little they care about the cheating situation. EDIT: Weren't there a couple of EA/DICE mods on BL forums that were outed as being cheating scumbags, about 7-8 months ago?

Last edited:
The obvious ones are well, obvious and to me not a massive issue. Even if they aren't being banned, there are other ways to deal with them. It's the not so obvious ones that are the problem and I'm getting more and more convinced that there's huge numbers of them out there, they're just not being registered.

I know it's quite possible to become seriously adept at these games, almost machine like efficiency at killing and I was at that stage in BF2 at my peak, and I didn't use any hacks/tweaks/macros whatsoever - I even played the game with maximum quality settings, none of that shadow disabling nonsense. But these guys in BF3 are just plain dodgy.

I don't think it's even full on aimbots, just massive amounts of tweaking, and fiddling around with the graphics to make it easier to spot people. I'm also convinced that they're messing with the network settings so that they get a big advantage when it comes to lag. Plenty of times I get killed, almost instantly and they've barely raised their gun. It's ridiculous. They also seem to have suspiciously high pings too a lot of the time.

Someone please tell me I'm not imagining things. It's either that or I've become a massive noob.

Sorry to break the news to you but ...... :D

Played quite a bit now and seen 3 cheats. Best bet is find well adminned servers and stick to them. There's certainly not as many cheats as say Battlelog forums would suggest :rolleyes: but they do exist (aimbots been the obvious ones)

My biggest issue is I don't get called a cheat often enough :( :D But its always a compliment when you do. ;)

The obvious ones are well, obvious and to me not a massive issue. Even if they aren't being banned, there are other ways to deal with them. It's the not so obvious ones that are the problem and I'm getting more and more convinced that there's huge numbers of them out there, they're just not being registered.

I know it's quite possible to become seriously adept at these games, almost machine like efficiency at killing and I was at that stage in BF2 at my peak, and I didn't use any hacks/tweaks/macros whatsoever - I even played the game with maximum quality settings, none of that shadow disabling nonsense. But these guys in BF3 are just plain dodgy.

I don't think it's even full on aimbots, just massive amounts of tweaking, and fiddling around with the graphics to make it easier to spot people. I'm also convinced that they're messing with the network settings so that they get a big advantage when it comes to lag. Plenty of times I get killed, almost instantly and they've barely raised their gun. It's ridiculous. They also seem to have suspiciously high pings too a lot of the time.

Yeah I know what you mean, it was the same for me in bc 2, could often take out entire squads by myself (on hardcore mode), even with a pistol (pistols were so much better in that game) where as in this game, I am lucky if I can even take on more than 2 or 3 people without dying pretty quickly and I also can't go on the same kill streaks as often either, still a decent player but nowhere as much as what I was in bc 2. The biggest thing that ruins my performance is the suppression in this game, just can't see or shoot **** when you have some guy with a LMG spraying everywhere..........

Personally, I don't find that changing the settings affects my performance much, if at all in either bc 2 or bf 3 (biggest advantage with playing on lower settings in this game is that you don't have as much crap floating around to distract you :p). The only thing I use in bf 3 that some consider to be a "cheat" is a sweetfx config, again I don't find that it makes much difference at all to my performance, only reason I use it is because the game is dull, lifeless and the blur is even worse then.

Could be aimbots still as you can now tweak them so it isn't as obvious at all i.e. the "snapping" to target and not being instant one hit kills.

Had a few of those "instant" deaths yesterday (by people using a variety of weapons), doesn't even feel like I was shot (and this is on normal mode with 100% health).... even when playing against friends who are amazing, I never experience deaths like that with them.

Unfortunately you probably have a ton of people using macros for the guns as iirc DICE/EA said that they can't do anything about it i.e. ban and that could definitely come across as an aimbot as long as the player is good at aiming :p

There was also a video on youtube showing some weird stuff i.e. what you see on your screen, the other person might not see it on his screen, essentially any objects that aren't part of the terrain i.e. barrels, concrete bags, fallen trees etc. So always stick to things/cover that are part of the ground i.e. rocks, trees etc.

+ a ton of glitches/bugs, some of which are more or less a cheat

http://www.youtube.com/user/INDgamers/videos?view=0

Last edited:
Been playing a bit of bf3 on my second rig/account today. Every time when im killed the screen flashes black briefly. Never seen this on my main setup in sig. Second rig is.

i7 930 at stock
asus p6 x58de
6gb ocz 1333mhz ram
gtx 650ti boost 2gb

Running at 1680x1050, high preset, x2 msaa, 16x af, ssao on. Also, afterburners g15 lcd display doesnt show fps but displays all other gpu info ive selected, using the latest afterburner and nv driver 314.22.
Got this sorted, deleting the bf3 folder in my docs cured it. Still mo luck on fps display though. So just used the console command. Pretty impressed with the performance of the 650ti in this. Did have to turn off msaa and use post though. Rest of the settings on high.

Just wait mate, BF4 will bring a whole loada PC's to their knees :D

Oh and guys, I was an admin on 247 for ages, I am sure they and other admins from SaS etc would agree with me that there are very few hackers. Certainly banned a few in my time but apart from that multi kill hack that came out at the start it really isn't that bad at all. People have good aim, just play ESL one night and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:
Don't worry. BF3 was my first shooter after TF2.

I didn't know about scopes etc. I only found out when one of my teammates picked up my loadout and asked me why I hadn't equipped it.

Beachfield 3, who needs BF on a night like this.

If you are sat inside sweltering playing battlefield tonight you are missing out. I'm watching the moon dance over the waves of Hastings beach as I sit on the cold stones listening to good music with a nice glass of wino, a smoke and a cool breeze carrying the sounds of waves lapping against the shore.

Beachfield 3, who needs BF on a night like this.

If you are sat inside sweltering playing battlefield tonight you are missing out. I'm watching the moon dance over the waves of Hastings beach as I sit on the cold stones listening to good music with a nice glass of wino, a smoke and a cool breeze carrying the sounds of waves lapping against the shore.

Gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom