Battlefield 3 thread - Server details in opening post -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
this topic was fairly entertaining despite it being offtopic :p

still liking bc2 beta, and the full game should last a year I'd think till bf3.

Any word on if bf3 will retain planes??

Soldato
Please please please could someone close this thread as it has very little BF3 chat going.

Add each other on MSN or Facebook if you want to wave you e-peens about who has best stats.

Come on man it's not your thread to close, we've strayed sure buts it's been in the direction of the bf series. Will always happen as there's so little bf3 info out there.

Personally for bf3 I know it won't happen but I wish they would drop unlocks and ranked servers completely.

Associate
ironya.jpg

Anyway, i actually played BF2 a few hours ago. Went on Special Forces and played Infantry only on Warlord. Ive played BF2 again for a few hours every week since the 1.5 patch came out (not that i notice any difference apart from the new map)

I cant wait for BF3. I remember reading something with someone at Dice and there was a question about map sizes, and they refered to the 128 vs 128 players in the MAG game, and the Dice guy was saying that in BF2 the most popular map size was 16 player, and it kinda hinted that they dont wanna go all out and make huge maps with loads of players. Which kinda sucks. I never used to play 16 player maps, it was always 64 player, and the more you play them, the more you think; "Theres not enough players on my team" even when theres 32 :p

If its 64 player or more per map, then il be happy.

WHAT??? I certainly never played on anything less that 64, that was one of the reasons it was so good. Here's hoping they keep it large!

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
WHAT??? I certainly never played on anything less that 64, that was one of the reasons it was so good. Here's hoping they keep it large!

High 5. :cool:
In all my hours played I have spent 99% of my time on 64 man servers, For me Large scale maps & player counts are what BF2 is all about.
With MAG released & seemingly playing well with 250+ people then BF3 has to at least match it. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
MAG? tell me more?

PS3 = Say No More. :(

I can do Footy & drivers on console but I am to long in the tooth to use anything but Mouse & keys when it comes to FPS. I even bought COD4 on 360 & played it through & went online but still it feels to me like I am stood in Porridge. :(
I Love my Forza 3 though. :cool:
BF2 & COH on PC though till I Die. :p

Soldato

Hate it mate, always have or at least server side ranking. The way COD4 did it was ok. I hate the way it gives GSP's an excuse to charge insane amounts for server rental, I hate the way it promotes lone wolfing and none team based play, I hate the way it gives devs a "reason" to withhold server files.

We never had them in 42 or BFV and both those games were by far more team orientated that BF2 ever was. We had small stat sites that tracked monthly KDR's and that was about it.
In addition a server was a server was a server and not a stat paddler to be seen in any of them.

So really the question is, what's to like ?

Soldato
PS3 = Say No More. :(

I can do Footy & drivers on console but I am to long in the tooth to use anything but Mouse & keys when it comes to FPS. I even bought COD4 on 360 & played it through & went online but still it feels to me like I am stood in Porridge. :(
I Love my Forza 3 though. :cool:
BF2 & COH on PC though till I Die. :p

F F S

Grrrrrrrr

What is it with console getting 'exclusives' that would be fantastic on the pc. I HATE the way gaming is going with regard to this!

Soldato
Im quite intrigued by MAG soley because it seems similar to bf2 with its scale.

indeed, I have been meaning to pick it up, but you can't beat FPS games on a PC. I mean if someone comes up behind you, you can actually do a full 180 turn, it is amazing. :D

BF1942 was revolutionary for me because of it's size and number of players. El Alamein with 64 players brings back fond memories.

Still waiting for something like Planetside really but hopefully BF3 will keep me going.

Soldato
64 player maps with 16/32 player servers were where the real players were, some great squad play on these servers, none of the 64 player grenade spam rubbish.

Still loving special forces, grappling hook + gas is an awesome combo for assaulting points.

Either throw the hook up and bait and send a few team mates round back or gas and rush with masks if in door environments - wish these items were in the original game - they add so more much.

Associate
During his time with DICE, Frederick Liljegren worked on the PC side of things, but reports that the franchise was likely moving towards console releases when, or if, the next Battlefield segment rolled out due to declining numbers of PC users (though Battlefield 3 will still be available for PC).

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=239854

and

What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/showthread.php?t=239999

HUUUUGE downer that it could be multiplatform, i wanted a PC exclusive, but proof is in the pudding, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom