Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

Just noticed geforce experience has a bf4 profile. Had to add it manually cos of where i put the game. Seems to want me to run it with 4x msaa and every option ultra lol. Compared to auto i use which has no msaa on and most things ultra and some high. Dont think i want to use GF EXP settings quite yet. ;)

Wonder why they set them so high for my computer when most ppl if they saw this would go ha no it wouldnt run that. Which with 4x aa probably wouldnt at a decent fps rate.

Hmm duno if i had auto on at the time ingame last i played, was either auto or custom with a few things knocked down from ultra.

Last edited:
Well I can't even get into a game, every server I join says "ERROR: Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out" can't even get in.

The help page just says to reboot windows and everything will be fine. Absolute rubbish, rebooting does nothing.

Anybody got any suggestions for this? It's not doing a good job of selling BF4 to me.

gamer fully playable not tinkered with any settings just running at 120HZ 1080p high i think.

looks superb feels smooth with 32 players on the map.

only played on shanghai.

current settings are

MSAA 0ff
Effects High
GRaphicsd Auto
Everything on high
1920*1080p
texture quality ultra

getting 40-60 fps easily if not more will check when i install after burner.

yup as suspected 55 average peaking at 71 droping to 45

Last edited:
I tried the user.cfg that was posted both with maximum frames set to 60 and with DX11 and DX9, and I still get stuttering.

It seems no matter what the average/max fps is, it drops 10-12 frames every 5.5-6 seconds. All that limiting the fps to 60 and lowering settings did is lower my CPu and GPU load.

At least that puts my mind at rest that it's definitely an engine problem for me and not something inherent with my hardware.

Might help some people but i've found big problems with everything slowing right down like the comp is running in treacle and the load screen is going round so slow. Had a look at task manager and i had the VIA Vdeck thingy stuck on 25% for the cpu. Turned it off and everything is working nicely , as I say might be worth a look

im hoping they sort the fixes for tuesday . normally EA maintenance day. fingers crossed.

mate has a 295 gtx cant even play. cause of dx11 issues.

I was playing fine the other day with 50-60fps all on high. I log into game tonight and it's stuttering with fps drops galore.

Haven't changed a thing, so hope they sort this for release.

Back
Top Bottom