Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

Patch was pretty good, removed the user.cfg from before which helped a lot as not needed now. Auto settings cos of patch went from ultra to high tho, shame but meh still looks nice and plays well enough. Still not 100% perfect like but meh. Not too fussed cos im not getting the game when its out as arma 3 is better imo for me.

Regarding a lot of crashes, it seems to happen mostly to everyone on the server rather than individuals when playing with a full squad, that's my experience of course. It rarely ever crashes for us individually.
Avg: 60.721 - Min: 1 - Max: 93 (1 because the game..uh server, crashed and locked fps to 1) but other logs show around 15 minimum.

Running i7 920 @ 4ghz, 6GB Corsair @1600, 680 (320.18) stock clock, 1920x1080 res and settings are: here.
Not bad for a 4 year old cpu, gpu must be sweating :P

Last edited:
Btw about user.cfg file stuff. If you want the full list of available commands. Ingame press the key to the left of 1 ( ` ) and type "list" without quotemarks. You should get a list of all commands available. I noticed a command for triple buffering in there from this.

Installed update and finally got into a round. Ran a few benches. First one was near the end of the round so didnt run long.

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
11471, 120000, 27, 144, 95.592

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
10758, 120000, 41, 139, 89.650

ultra settings, x4 msaa, post off 1920x1200.

there are many different configurations to work out.

its like everyone said its i5s but people from dualcores right upto the very latest highend stuff have been effected. so many factors.

im a happy man cause i have the performance i know i should have and its early yet so it will probably get better :cool:

Just upgraded to Windows 8 after spending a month thinking it'll just be a marketing scam etc etc. But wow what a difference it has made, I never really had any problems before running CF7970GHZ setup averaging around 65FPS (ULTRA), but now I’m averaging 90FPS, very very nice little boost, I would recommended moving from windows 7 to any-one looking to get as much as possible out of this game.

Has there been any concrete reasoning as to why moving to Windows 8 provides such a boost? Or is it deliberate / a case of just waiting for them to optimise for 7?

I really dislike the thought of "upgrading" if there's no real reason for the performance difference, I want to stick with 7.

I wanted to stick with 7 as well, though after having a play around with W8 it does seem a lot more responsive/quicker than 7 so not all is lost.

The reasoning behind the FPS boost has something to do with W8 is better optimised for DX11.1, there’s a fact sheet running around somewhere showing what the optimisations are. As Dice are in bed with W8 I'm guessing thats their first port of call before they make any improvements in W7 if at all after release.

The reasoning behind the FPS boost has something to do with W8 is better optimised for DX11.1, .

Pretty much this!

Remember I was pretty much against Windows 8 purely because of Metro and nothing else, if it wasn't for Start8 or Startisback which gives me my desktop plus start bar I would still be hating on Windows 8. But because of those AND the fact of Battlefield 4 running so much better in Win8 over 7 I couldn't be happier!

yep microshaft want us tied to products and dx is one way of doing it. would be interesting to see how much money they gave EA to do this in bf4 :p

Noob question but if you upgrade Win 7 to Win 8 does it keep all your files intact ? *ie not installing to a clean HD but over existing Win 7*

Since the update yesterday I get awful stuttering, whereas before it was quite smooth, albeit on low settings.

I've had no problems so far (with performance), except when i took it off auto and put it on ultra.

i5 haswell 3.4ghz
8gb ram
amd 7850
samsung 840 240gb
windows 7 64bit

I am now running on high with 4x msa @ 1920

whats you fps averages / max&min

Noob question but if you upgrade Win 7 to Win 8 does it keep all your files intact ? *ie not installing to a clean HD but over existing Win 7*

Since the update yesterday I get awful stuttering, whereas before it was quite smooth, albeit on low settings.

you can just use the upgrade and it will keep all as your win7 installation.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

you just click install and it will start upgrading to windows 8 obviously youll need a key :D.

I've had no problems so far (with performance), except when i took it off auto and put it on ultra.

i5 haswell 3.4ghz
8gb ram
amd 7850
samsung 840 240gb
windows 7 64bit

I am now running on high with 4x msa @ 1920

4xMSAA is asking a lot from a 7850 on this game, your average must be pretty low but I guess as long as it's running smoothly for you then that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom