Battlefield 4 - Performance FIXES Thread (Good or Bad)

Does Microsoft provide a demo/beta/trial version of Windows 8? I was thinking of giving W8 a try just to see if it will improve performance.

i run mine on high settings although i think i have the msaa turned off.

i have a 2gb 7850 and an I3 and get 45-50fps average.

I can't speak for others but the average isn't the problem I average around 60 FPS on a i5 [email protected], GTX 670 2Gb but my minimums go down to single digits. I would happily take a 15 FPS from my average if it meant a 15 FPS more on my minimums.

Last edited:
Full spec is

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i5-4670K, 4100 MHz (41 x 100)
Module Name Kingston HyperX KHX2400C11D3/4GX @ 11-13-13-30 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Video Adapter MSI R7850 (MS-V273)

AtiMCSal.png.jpg

So is quite low, I guess compared to what I used to put up with its playable. But that fps is without any optimizations.

I have had more problems with connecting than performance or crashing.

This is at 1920x1200 with high and 4xmsa. If I upgrade to the fullscreen blocks from hell of windows 8 how much more performance will i get ?

Last edited:
Seems to be quite a few spikes over the 50ms range there, could just be down to drivers not being fully optimized for the game yet, or the game itself, iirc frametimes are also higher the lower your framerate, someone may correct me on that.

If you're having very poor performance, don't expect Windows 8 to be the magic answer. I'm using it and still have massive issues.

In dxdiag, it still says I'm using dx11. Has 11.1 not been included in the Windows update yet?

Just had my first ever game without the min frame rate dropping to 0.

Frames: 26485 - Time: 853937ms - Avg: 31.015 - Min: 14 - Max: 59

That was at 1920x1080 with high settings as well. I have disabled 2 of the cores on my FX6300.

Last edited:
card cant handle that res drop a res minimum. they are a hundred pound card now you cant expect it to perform in a brand new game at that res.

from twitter

So expect some improvements in the next #BF4 OpenBeta patch. Though Win8 w/ our DX11.1 backend is definitely the fastest path (until Mantle)

hmm maybe patch today ?

also the build we are playing is older than the e3 build shown. due to certification.

Last edited:
Seems Windows 8 makes quite the difference.

120 FoV will create a fisheye effect at that resolution. I wouldn't go much higher than 90 myself.

Been playing the beta since the first morning, been loving it but the stuttering and general frame drops have been annoying. Took the advice and installed windows 8.1 today and my god, its like day and night. Solid 80 frames on ultra with everything as high as it will go @ 1920x1080 @120hz. No more stutter, totally gone.

Logged onto Origin tonight and the demo updated. Seems i can now play everything on ULTRA at 60fps. Game seems a lot faster and smoother.

Back
Top Bottom