• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Battlefield V performance

Associate
Got 10 seconds into the video and her voice was too much.

Is she related to that guy at Adored TV.:eek:

It would be fine if she didn't have her mouth so close to the mic so you heard every single moist sound.

What were you guys expecting? Rachel Riley to suddenly become a tech expert and flash her bottom at every opportunity? Well I am too... but you just can't expect something like that to happen. Or Holly Willoughby to do certain other things either.

Soldato
What were you guys expecting? Rachel Riley to suddenly become a tech expert and flash her bottom at every opportunity? Well I am too... but you just can't expect something like that to happen. Or Holly Willoughby to do certain other things either.
I have no idea who this person is in the video. So I have no context. I watch tech videos for info/interest, not for boobs etc.

Soldato
A likely story. Why mention 'moist sound(s)' then? Got it on the brain, haven't you?
There is a strange crackle that does sound a bit well moist! It’s not her voice as such she’s just to close to the mic and it’s picking up jaw movements and she’s probably not using a pop guard.

Soldato
A likely story. Why mention 'moist sound(s)' then? Got it on the brain, haven't you?

Lol. I was being serious. Sounds like she had the mic so close to her mouth that it is picking up all the sounds her mouth makes rather than just her voice. I agree with Kaap, it is irritating. As much as we do love a bit of tongue n check on here, no pun intended, I was being sincere this time.

I re-listened to it slightly more quietly on my speakers rather than headphones... it is much less annoying and can listen to it now.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got 10 seconds into the video and her voice was too much.

Is she related to that guy at Adored TV.:eek:

Her voice may be annoying but she is one of the only reviewers that's found & proven that the fire relections on the tank on the final campaign map were being faked (around the middle of the video). Whatever they were it was clear that a lot of people would presume they were raytrace sourced when they weren't. So Yay for Ray-tracing when they can't run it they'll still fake it.

Soldato
Her voice may be annoying but she is one of the only reviewers that's found & proven that the fire relections on the tank on the final campaign map were being faked (around the middle of the video). Whatever they were it was clear that a lot of people would presume they were raytrace sourced when they weren't. So Yay for Ray-tracing when they can't run it they'll still fake it.

Went and watched that section. Very interesting :)

Soldato
Enjoying it here too. Not played MP for years and been having fun. RT has introduced me back to MP :).
Need to do the single player playthrough at some point. Waiting on DLSS first, although I'm also pretty busy atm - MP is good for just dropping in to play for an hour or two weekly. Certainly taking their time with DLSS, something I thoguth many said was easy to implement.
Where's RT in SOTR too? Blimey. By next gen GPU's maybe we'll have more than one game with RT and DLSS put to use too :).

Associate
I saw the tests they did recently with RTX and RTX definately likes more and faster cpu cores. I was running my ryzen at stock and BF was really stuttering in MP. Then oc my ryzen to 3.9GHZ and its almost eliminated the stuttering apart from when I guess it caches.

Soldato
RT is the new Mantle :) :D

:)
While I'm pro RT and 20 series, just cannot help but be a bit frustrated with it sometimes. For example, 2060 appears, now being sold, NV mention in BFV the 2060 is capable of >60FPS at 1440. But, the technology to allow that is still not available. So at the moment 2060 owners will be getting 40 FPS at 1440P probably.
By the time SOTR RT is released, most who really want to play the game will have finished it :).
Lets hope Metro get everything in there for day 1 release (RT and DLSS if they're implementing that too), not release it then faff around for the next umpteen months.

Last edited:
Associate
I run this on a 2080ti and a 3440x1440 X34p game looks nice nothing special .All the settings are maxed everything on still not seeing the raytracing wonderland. Unless I upscale the game its at 100% default textures look off in some parts like walls close up look something out of a 10 year old game.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I run this on a 2080ti and a 3440x1440 X34p game looks nice nothing special .All the settings are maxed everything on still not seeing the raytracing wonderland. Unless I upscale the game its at 100% default textures look off in some parts like walls close up look something out of a 10 year old game.
Disagree there I think visually it looks fantastic, it’s running great for me (1080ti @ 4K) splash damage is a bit disappointing but buzzing around in aircraft is an absolute hoot.

Don’t think it deserves the hate it’s received at all, still think Bad Company 2 beats it for pick up & play though, that’s still my favourite of the “updated” BF games.

Back
Top Bottom