BBC Top Gear - Series 23 discussion thread

As I said after the last episode, I would give it one more try and unfortunately I cant continue watching it.

Literally, the only reason is Chris Evans, I just cant stand him. He is too OTT, and cringy, he needs to turn it down a lot but even then, I just think that is his character which I will never get along with

MLB is good though and shows promise, I think even though he has his little stumbles here and there he would be a better main presenter than CE. He just has the voice and tone for it.

Such a pity.

better than last week, i just watched extra gear on iplayer and found it more enjoyable to watch. wish its hour long, not 24mins :(

Better than last week, but the show is still lacking something the old crew had.

They definitely turned the volume down on Evans as well. But he really does need to go and be replaced by someone watchable.

Last edited:
I quite enjoyed it last night, i always hated the SIARPC segment before and i still think it's rubbish now.

I was quite suprissed as i thought Eddie would be very annoying and generally rubbish but he was quite good actually. If only they could ditch Evans the show could really have legs.

I'll continue to watch as i find it quite enjoyable but i'll always be wishing for someone else to host it. When JB retires from F1 he'd be perfect!

When Button quits F1, sack Shouty McShoutface and give him the job. Reckon he'd be great as the main presenter.

I got the same impression from the small segment he was in, he seemed very natural in front of the camera.

Get him in!

imo CE doesn't suit the role/show at all :o

he just needs to shut up and back down MLB would be way better as the main host.

shame about CH doing nothing really, 1minute segment if that? :| he's great with reviews, he's a great driver etc.. jeez he should be doing way more.

Thought I give it another go.
It was pure bliss how Jenson Button made Chris Evans very quiet with his driving of the Mclaren!
Like others have said get rid of Chris Evans and replace him with Jenson Button!

imo CE doesn't suit the role/show at all :o

he just needs to shut up and back down MLB would be way better as the main host.

Indeed. He just doesn't have the right personality for it. Matt Le Blanc just seems to get it and does the sarcastic dry humour thing very well.

Back
Top Bottom