BenQ G2420HDBL (LED Backlit) or BenQ G2420HD

Associate
Have had the BL since the weekend but only just thought to calibrate it!

Coming from an Emprex 19" I thought the display was amazing without calibration. However, what has amazed me more is the difference that calibration has made. Everything is sharper, brighter and just obviously better. Perhaps a little too bright but that won't be a problem to sort out.

Only thing that is confusing me is that I thought the monitor was HD capable and expected a HDMI port (I know I should have researched better). What do I need to purchase to achieve HD with this monitor and is it worth it? (My gpu is an ATI Sapphire HD 5770 vapor-x)

Associate
Have had the BL since the weekend but only just thought to calibrate it!

Coming from an Emprex 19" I thought the display was amazing without calibration. However, what has amazed me more is the difference that calibration has made. Everything is sharper, brighter and just obviously better. Perhaps a little too bright but that won't be a problem to sort out.

Only thing that is confusing me is that I thought the monitor was HD capable and expected a HDMI port (I know I should have researched better). What do I need to purchase to achieve HD with this monitor and is it worth it? (My gpu is an ATI Sapphire HD 5770 vapor-x)

i was also confused about this matter so i'm not the best to help with but when i ordered the benq 24 inch hdbl (led) monitor i also ordered this DVI cable from overclockers;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-127-BE

I heard DVI cables transmit same video quality as HDMI cables but differ becuase don't transmit audio signal or deliver HDCP. So all i care about is video quailty and DVI doesnt dissapoint in that aspect as far as I know!

Soldato
The display is HD capable, it displays a resolution of 1920x1080 ...that's 1080P HD, the bit you missed is the fact that it does not have an HDMI port, but if you want to connect it up to something using an HDMI output you can use a DVI to HDMI converter to do it easily enough.

As pieman said, the only technical difference between DVI and HDMI is that HDMI can transmit sound too, DVI can't.

All the whole HD thing really means is, something can at least support one or both of the 2 'HD' resolutions, and often any associated DVI port will support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). HDMI is not necessarily part of something that is 'HD' capable, look at what connections it has first.

Last edited:
Associate
Mines arrived, and damn its perfect :D Not a single dodgy pixel either. Deffinately was very bright when i first turned it on, but it seems to have relaxed a bit after having played a bunch of games. That or im just used to it now ;) Dont feel like i need to adjust anything. Im chuffed :D

Kae

Kae

Permabanned
Bought the LCD version today, very impressed. No dead pixels, beautiful picture quality, will suit me very well!

Also very impressed with the member of OcUK staff I dealt with. Not only sold me the monitor I wanted, but also took the time to go through possible system upgrade options, and he actually knew what he was talking about!

Very impressed, and OcUK will be getting my business in the future!

Andy.

Soldato
Bought the LED version last week, despite showing as in stock it took until Tuesday (partly down to me) to get it, arrived with an obviously opened box that had been badly re-sealed and was tempted to refuse delivery. Giving OcUK the benefit of the doubt I didn't and now wish I had...

Dead pixels in several places and OcUK are being very evasive over doing anything about it :(

Associate
I had a similar incident with a pair of Acoustic Energy Aego M speakers I bought last year.

The box had been obviously repackaged (badly) and to top it off there was emulsion paint on the mains cable!

I needed the speakers and they worked fine, so decided not to bother returning them.

Wouldnt ever do that again though - c'mon OCUK sort it out!

Back
Top Bottom