BenQ XL2730Z Freesync Owners Thread

Associate
I would defo check with Overclockers first that i t dose have the updated firmware ,, just to be on the safe side .....
Its is a great screen and you wont regret your purchase

Associate
bake73 I chucked mine in a samsung box with the stand attached and everything, they knew it was from me and what it was, so it was OK I guess, I would try to use the BenQ box though!

Associate
Anyone tried this monitor out on CS:GO?

Experiences with it? Really unsure how suitable the size/resolution is for competative play.

Associate
The firmware CAN Be dumped if someone can figure out how to communicate with the realtek scaler, but there isn't a flash programmer for that as far as I can find anywhere. a google search simply points to this forum and a few unrelated Realtek pages that don't even mention this scaler.

The Mstar scaler programmer was created through Linux for the 8556T scaler and was communicated with through i2c commands. A Linux programmer created a driver to communicate with it.

http://boeglin.org/blog/index.php?entry=Flashing-a-BenQ-Z-series-for-free(dom)

The 8556T scaler has been around for a VERY long time, though. Benq's used it in their much older T series since 2012. So it's no surprise that someone eventually made a flasher for it.

I can't find anything anywhere about the Realtek scaler. Even if Benq had the XL2730Z firmware as a download, how would you self flash it if there's not even any documentation for it?

Soldato
Just an FYI, I got a notification from Repairtech last night, that my monitor is due today.

The company had it, in my case bit more than 2 working days.
(was delivered at 16:00 on Monday to them).

I will let you know how it is, when I receive it :)

-------

Someone above mentioned boxing the monitor etc. I used the original packaging, and only sent the monitor. No stand or anything else.

Associate
Yay, just got mine back, so far all looks great, about to test on GTA5 and Skyrim. I've checked the service menu and i'm on the new firmware V002. Didn't write down my previous settings though so got some calibration to do. :D

Associate
well mine is back ,, i've had no notification that it was due back at all ,, it just turn up this morning out of the blue ,,, so bang on 5 working days from them receiving it.

Associate
i've not tested it yet ,,, i'm at work atm so i will have a look tonight and check for damage and the updated firmware is installed ,,, :) Happy days ,, cant wait to get home and play, Its been so hard going back to my old screen ,,this just tells how good this monitor is .

Soldato
Got mine back, and since working from home, put it couple of minutes in TESO......

Erm.

If you think to buy this monitor, DO SO TODAY. The hassle to have it patched worth.

If you have the monitor with V001 Firmware, arrange TODAY to have it updated it.

If you are out to buy a 2560x1440 Freesync monitor, do not look elsewhere.

I believe the above explains my thoughts about the AMA working.

And is it me, or the colours do look better with the V002 and the picture is perfect even on normal use, like browsing this forum.

Associate
Got mine back, and since working from home, put it couple of minutes in TESO......

Erm.

If you think to buy this monitor, DO SO TODAY. The hassle to have it patched worth.

If you have the monitor with V001 Firmware, arrange TODAY to have it updated it.

And is it me, or the colours do look better with the V002 and the picture is perfect even on normal use, like browsing this forum.

Great stuff ,,, i cant wait to get home and try mine ,,,,, i feel a afternoon sickness coming on lololololololololol :)

Associate

Erm.

this :cool:

Associate
Anyone tried this monitor out on CS:GO?

Experiences with it? Really unsure how suitable the size/resolution is for competative play.

hey so I uh only played CS:GO on this screen as I've just recently acquired the game, I picked it up on the 14th March and I've somehow got an astounding 450 hours I managed to make it up into LEGENDARY EAGLE rank !!! I'd say its goes well for CS:GO !!! I use 2560x1440 and its fine!

I've become CS:GO addicted now :|

Associate

Erm.

Ok ok you've convinced me, I'll get my RMA request filled out tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom