Best 1440p monitor for £500

Soldato
Seems they're cracking down on light bleed returns. :(

My replacement was literally perfect so hopefully yours will be the same.

They said same timescale to me but it was here next business day.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Seems they're cracking down on light bleed returns. :(

My replacement was literally perfect so hopefully yours will be the same.

They said same timescale to me but it was here next business day.

Thanks for the update on yours.

Fingers crossed I get a decent replacement :)

I hope so as if the faults weren't there it would be an awesome monitor.

I can put up with some minor light bleed as it is to be expected with LCD tech, but the whole corner of the screen being a cloudy yellow is bang out of order.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just tried some Crysis 3 and in darkish scenes the whole bottom left corner is yellow :( Totally unacceptable. The bottom right has some minor white bleed but its not too bad. The stuck red pixel is only visible on a black screen.

It's a real shame as it is obviously a great monitor if these flaws weren't present.

Thanks for your comments anyway :)

Sorry to hear yours is not a good one.

How far from the bottom left corner is yellow? Have you got any pictures?
What was the manufacture date?

Soldato
OP
Not checked manufacture date or revision yet. The yellow clouding is as bad as any pictures I've seen so far. It affects a large proportion of the bottom left quarter of the screen. I'll take some pics tonight if I get time.

Associate
check the box and/or the unit itslef for manufacture date and rev. please. i'm on the fence about getting on of these, but i don't want to have to replace it 3 times in order to get a good one.

Associate
OcUK have 14 day satisfaction guarantee so you can just send it back?

Yeh you can but try and find a courier that will insure a 27 inch monitor, they will carry it but without insurance for either loss or damage. Also you will be out of pocket for around £12 - £15, that shouldn't be the case with something thats clearly faulty but Dell won't admit its faulty, they say its within tolerances which is comical really.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeh you can but try and find a courier that will insure a 27 inch monitor, they will carry it but without and insurance for either loss or damage. Also you will be out of pocket for around £12 - £15, that shouldn't be the case with something thats clearly faulty but Dell won't admit its faulty, they say its within tolerances which is comical really.

This basically.

If the replacement is a dud too (and lets face it there's every chance) then I have to decide whether to keep trying for a good one or just get a refund.

Might have to lie and say the next one has a dead pixel if it just has bad backlight bleed.

Soldato
fyi I contacted OcUK about returning my BenQ and asked if they recommend a company and they said any is fine. So I take it that if anything does happen to it, it's not my problem as I have a copy of the email.

Soldato
Yeh you can but try and find a courier that will insure a 27 inch monitor, they will carry it but without insurance for either loss or damage. Also you will be out of pocket for around £12 - £15, that shouldn't be the case with something thats clearly faulty but Dell won't admit its faulty, they say its within tolerances which is comical really.

Ah yes, forgot about that.

Associate
i wawnt to upgrade my main screen (currently having a 2xU2412HM combo - one for main use gaming, other for browsing)

i'm on the fence about getting either this one or the U2913WM. i know all about the ratio differences and real estate, but it's primarily going to be used for gaming, so i really dunno :)

Soldato
I have a 2713HM and could not be happier with it. Minimal light bleed and no colour issues.

It does seem a gamble to get a good one but it is worth it when you do as it is a fantastic screen.

Soldato
It's a fantastic monitor just that Dell have some QA problems for some reason which they really need to address. It's not doing them any favours.

As for mine I have a little bit of IPS glow in the bottom right hand corner and some of the yellow in the left had corner. I think it is something that I can live with as it s not too bad and is only really noticeable on certain black screens.
For reference mine was manufactured in January 2013 (Rev A00).

Other than that the picture quality & colours are outstanding, I have upgraded from a Dell U2311H 1080p and I'm very impressed.

Can't see myself going back to 1080p now I have tried 1440p.

Permabanned
I have a 2713HM and could not be happier with it. Minimal light bleed and no colour issues.

It does seem a gamble to get a good one but it is worth it when you do as it is a fantastic screen.

I've got two and no problems on either. I think it is simply a matter of people with issues shout and those without don't.

I bought a 2913wm as well and no issues with that either, not on the screen or the bezel.

Associate
I've got two and no problems on either. I think it is simply a matter of people with issues shout and those without don't.

I bought a 2913wm as well and no issues with that either, not on the screen or the bezel.

which one would you recommend if the primary use is gaming and movies? i'm on the fence between those 2.

Back
Top Bottom