Best Retro Handheld

I have a Tab S7, great for PS2 emulation, love a bit of Burnout on it.

It's a great way to play but when I'm travelling I found it's handy to have an all in one device and not need to carry around a separate controller.

If you like the 16 bit era and want something pocketable I'd still recommend the Miyoo Mini Plus or similar as pretty cheap and is ace.
Spent a couple of hours playing Super Mario World last night. Something really nice about the 12" screen. Will be taking this tablet on the flight so may well pick up an 8bitdo SN30 Pro.

But it's still a couple of months until the flights, so I'll see what comes out in the handheld until then. New ones seem to appear every couple of weeks. Did seriously look at the Retroid Pocket 4 though. Excessive? yes... but it looks lovely.

Spent a couple of hours playing Super Mario World last night. Something really nice about the 12" screen. Will be taking this tablet on the flight so may well pick up an 8bitdo SN30 Pro.

But it's still a couple of months until the flights, so I'll see what comes out in the handheld until then. New ones seem to appear every couple of weeks. Did seriously look at the Retroid Pocket 4 though. Excessive? yes... but it looks lovely.

Put on a nice CRT filter on with curved edges to get that proper early 90s 14" portable TV feel. :)

Has anyone bought an RG Cube? Tempting for likes of Gamecube and PS2

£139 on Aliexpress inc shipping and taxes.

Has anyone bought an RG Cube? Tempting for likes of Gamecube and PS2

£139 on Aliexpress inc shipping and taxes.

I think it looks great but there have been a lot of issues reported with the screen.

The first batches sent to reviewers had lots of light bleed, this was reported and Anbernic said it was a mistake and they were sent in error.

But it seems a number of folks are receiving devices with light bleed even now. Not surprising but seems like a lottery if you get a decent one or not.

Good thing with Ali Express is you can probably return it you do get a dodgy one.

I think it looks great but there have been a lot of issues reported with the screen.

The first batches sent to reviewers had lots of light bleed, this was reported and Anbernic said it was a mistake and they were sent in error.

But it seems a number of folks are receiving devices with light bleed even now. Not surprising but seems like a lottery if you get a decent one or not.

Good thing with Ali Express is you can probably return it you do get a dodgy one.
Caved and bought one in white with bag/case. Can always return it or sell it on if the screen has any issues or I dont get on with it.

Last edited:
Caved and bought one in white with bag/case. Can always return it or sell it on if the screen has any issues or I dont get on with it.
Make sure you come back and let us know how it is, ticks so many boxes for me I'd be interested in getting one myself if I could guarantee a decent screen.

Back
Top Bottom