Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not a bad little vid:

;)

I would love to kidnap her, lock her in my basement and make her my bedslave.

ku-xlarge.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
Went to see Nitro Circus in Glasgow - mental show - brilliant stuff and triple backflips/ double front flips a plenty - but that double backflip superman is brilliant!

Associate
Technically it's a superman backflip to backflip ;)

Hannah Barnes video is balls, apart from her going for a dip, it's all just riding through bogs and not actually any footage of the decent trails I suspect they rode.

Soldato
That's a shame :(

Straight from the Horse's Frenglish mouth

Production Priveé said:
R2R updates. English.

Hey Folks!

R2R updates. We know that you guys have been waiting this stem for so long, we received many messages of support and we thank you so much for this!

Well the R2R are delayed, what's happening? As you probably know it's the product where with we spent the more time and energy in term of development. Many prototypes are ridden all around the world since a year and half, fatigue tests machine in two different labs have been run (More than 2,5 million cycles total).
Of course the EN standard has been reach easily. We have doubled the EN standard without issue, we have tripled, then we increased the load...Nothing to do, the stem never failed!

We launch all these tests for 2 mains reasons: provide you the best riding experience possible with the best performance and insure your safety when for the hundredth time, you drop this famous 2m10 height gap at the end of the exposed trail you love so much.

The stems are ready and waiting for you in their nice packaging.

However, we have chosen to launch an ultimate test before shipping the stems. In a few words, this new test is even more close to the real life of a race component along a race season, including more data exterior to the ride constraint. We've spent more than a year to set up this new test, crossing infos between the race track and the lab to insure the datas we put in the machine are the right one!

Here at PP, we couldn't , put our brand new R2R on the market without making sure they could cleared this new test! This test can last a few weeks, requesting several samples and analysis. Even if this decision seems hard to take, it's an evidence for us!
Whatever your profile, your bike, your skills, nothing should be left to chance.

We sincerely apologise to all of you who been waiting their R2R since few month, even a year for some of you!

Stay tuned and have a good ride!

995019_631639503560012_1724707840_n.jpg

The PP crew.

We've been testing the R2R stem out for a little while, but PP have asked us not to release anything, until they have completed this final few tests. I think their years at Commencal has made them somewhat paranoid :D

Soldato
They aren't cheap - think it's £72 or something. The margin in them are kinda crappy too, so we only sell them retail, in stead of supplying shops.

Still no ETA - apart from what I've linked above :(

Soldato
Are there any slick/semi-slick 27.5"/650b tyres out yet? Searched all the usual online places and can only see knobblies at the moment. I've found a few on some American websites but nothing in the UK.

Caporegime
So I've been meaning to get round to sending my shock away for servicing, though my rear shock seems to only be £120 when servicing is £90+.

Now tempted to give the rear servicing a bash myself......what could possibly go wrong.

Soldato
Haha, talk about niche - doubt any will surfance any time soon, but I might be proven wrong.
There's plenty of road/slick options for 26" wheels, and 27.5" is supposed to be the new standard so I figured they'd be appearing sooner or later for those who commute and use their MTB for dirt.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's plenty of options for 26" wheels, and given that 27.5" is supposed to be the new standard I figured they'd be appearing sooner or later for those who commute and use their MTB for dirt.

That's the point.
27.5" IS in fact all the rage for MTBs - not for commuting purposes. Generally people who commute on their MTB, is on bikes at the low end of the scale.
26" will still thrive in the low end market, don't expect to see any halfords-esque and low end MTBs on 27.5" any time soon. OEM manufacturers first need to completely convert to 27.5" to make that viable.

Soldato
I know plenty of riders who throw slicks on their expensive bikes for a bit of road action; be it commuting or just for fitness so it'll be a matter of time before they start appearing on 27.5" bikes too I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom