Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In keeping with the new builds, heres my latest:

bsa.jpg

Thats one jolly fine bicycle, Sir! :)

Forks are a pair of 06 Teams now though.. The forks in the above picture are now on rG-Tom's bike :) Loads of stuff to swap out before France though i doubt i'l get round to it.

That's lovely, very nice fella.

Never forget the first time I saw one, Martin Ogden had one to race and was attacking it with a file at one of the NAMBS races. I'll have to get some photo's of my Demo up.

i just cant seem to like them road bikes, my mate has a Cannondale R1000 and i hate the damn thing:(

Do you ride a road bike? Like beyond trying one out? I used to be all about the mountain bikes for whatever kind of riding I was doing (a couple of them are in this thread) but then once I started riding this fixed gear, its like a whole new world of cycling. I dont realise the difference untill I go to the cashpoint on my Enduro or something. Much recommended, nice to own both too :)

Clio can be a bit small for that... you can get racks that hook onto the boot-lid/door/thing and tighten with straps. Bit of a fiddle to get on and not as sturdy as a towbar ones, but do the trick.

Upgrades, yay! :)

2005433527787842941_rs.jpg

2005495101873504556_rs.jpg

Cape Wrath d27, but now with added:

Rock Shox Reba Team fork,
Mavic 321s,
Hayes Stroker Ryde 180m front and rear,
WTB Speed saddle with ABR post,
Raceface Ride XC ISIS crankset with SKF BXC600 bottom bracket.

Rides like a new bike - but then pretty much only the frame and shifters are original hehe :)

Upgrades, yay! :)

2005433527787842941_rs.jpg

2005495101873504556_rs.jpg

Cape Wrath d27, but now with added:

Rock Shox Reba Team fork,
Mavic 321s,
Hayes Stroker Ryde 180m front and rear,
WTB Speed saddle with ABR post,
Raceface Ride XC ISIS crankset with SKF BXC600 bottom bracket.

Rides like a new bike - but then pretty much only the frame and shifters are original hehe :)

Nice Claud Butler Cape Wrath! I've got one of those (circa 2004). Now it runs with a rigid fork, (Surly 1x1 steel fork), semi slick Bontrager Comfort tyres, luggage rack *and* hydraulic disk brakes. Hydraulic disks probably overkill for a commuting bike, but I had them fitted before I converted the bike to a commuter so I left them on. Very heavy set up though!

Nice Claud Butler Cape Wrath! I've got one of those (circa 2004). Now it runs with a rigid fork, (Surly 1x1 steel fork), semi slick Bontrager Comfort tyres, luggage rack *and* hydraulic disk brakes. Hydraulic disks probably overkill for a commuting bike, but I had them fitted before I converted the bike to a commuter so I left them on. Very heavy set up though!

Now I've had hydraulic discs I doubt I'd be able to go without now. I love the stopping power no matter what the weather's like. :) Mine's a commuting bike as well as being a weekend toy, but since I only commute about 3 miles each way I've left it set up for XC. The extra resistance helps with the fitness anyway. :D

Talking of discs, here's the pads from my front HFX-9 after a good blast round the Peak District today:

pads.jpg

They were new at the start of my previous ride in the Clywds. Welsh mud and Peak's grit at it's best! The other spring had already been eaten by the rotor :rolleyes: :D

My cheap lightweight xc/road bike!

The frame is a cannondale f800 from 2000! Not even a disk tab, i love it!

Since the picture i have built up a new back wheel (home drilled d521 on a hope mono...very light!)

DSCF3387.jpg

Homemade ultralight tensioner!
DSCF3312.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom