Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That black piece and double sided tape is attached to a area on the bike, then the zip tie goes through the hole in the black piece

Yes, I'm aware of all that.

What I don't know is where on the forks the black plastic piece is designed to sit. The rear of it is curved in such a way that it must go on one part and one part only but where that is I couldn't tell you!

blockzs3.jpg

glitch, this is on some 426 dual airs - hope it helps ;o)

Glitch; This is nearly correct on the back of the arch there should be some notches that a zip tie can go between, you clip on the black piece as in the pic above sticking it in place with the double sided pad. The zip tie then holds the cable and the block firmly in position and the notches either side of the zip tie stop that from sliding about, i hope that makes sense? Also how is the bike coming along?

glitch, this is on some 426 dual airs - hope it helps ;o)
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Glitch; This is nearly correct on the back of the arch there should be some notches that a zip tie can go between, you clip on the black piece as in the pic above sticking it in place with the double sided pad. The zip tie then holds the cable and the block firmly in position and the notches either side of the zip tie stop that from sliding about, i hope that makes sense?
And so are you.

Also how is the bike coming along?
It's built but currently running on skinny little road tyres (Schwalbe City Jets) until I get my fitness back enough to take it on the trails, so not taken any pictures yet as it looks stupid!

Was hoping to keep it a secret until I could get some decent pictures taken but as you've asked so nicely and been so helpful I thought it rude to not respond. But it does really look amazing and it rides so well. Had a minor issue with the freehub on the XT/717 wheels but that's all sorted and we're back in business. All that's letting me down is my fitness.

But having said that I've still got to sort out the brakes (hoses need cutting, brakes need bleeding, etc) and possibly purchase a Thomson Elite setback as even with my saddle as far back as it can go I'm not 100% sure it's in the right riding position. I need to shift a Thomson Elite X4 stem for the seatpost.

Upgrades due (in time) are a pair of Halo Freedom Discs in white and a set of proper tyres for off-road duties.

All that and no pictures :( and from a photographer too i am dissapointed, but it is sounding good! there is a group ride to penmancho on the UK-MTB forum you should come along for the saturday should be a good break in for you :D

I'll get some sorted tomorrow, weather permitting.

Not been on UK-MTB for ages but unfortunately Penmachno is about 200 miles away from where I live!

I picked up my Specialized FSR XC Expert at the weekend! Thank god for cycle to work schemes! :D

Congrats - I also have one of those (2007) and they are great bikes. Just be aware that the bushing for the rear shock wear out quickly, they are easy to source and replace though.

Got any pics ?

yep, here goes (taken with the phone on sat when I got it home). Its a 2008.

IMAGE_00052.jpg

I originally wanted the Comp because I only had a grand limit, but they said they couldnt source any until november, so they offered me the Expert at 1000k plus i got the bar ends and the wireless cateye computer for free :D. So all in all, not bad £640 over a 18 months :D (yes i know i dont techically own it and the company sell it to me when i leave the job, but that will be for a cut rate price, if they dont forget!)

Last edited:
bar ends, very 1990's and on risers just look wrong.

Well after riding into work this morning i found them helpful. Coming from road bikes and the way i used to grip the aero bars makes it feel more comfortable. :)

Anyone who buys a full suspension MTB and never goes off road should be flogged. Who dares to admit they're one of these types? :-)

I will put my hand up to say that I will end up doing more road trips than off road ones (being that it is part of the rules to use 50% of the bike on trips to work). I would have gone straight for another road bike, but it seems whenever i go down to kent to see my mates we always go trail riding between dover and folkestone, so I wanted something that could handle that.

Plus! Lockouts 4TW! :D

Specialized riders are currently dominating world cycling and mountain biking.

Current Tour De France leader : Stefan Schumacher
World Cross Country MTB Marathon winner : Christoph Sauser
World Cross Country MTB Champion : Christoph Sauser
World 4x Champion : Rafa Alvarez
World Junior XC Champion: Peter Sagan
World Cup XC Champion (2007) and current leader (2008) : Christoph Sauser
Ironman European Champion : Chris McCormack

Just the Olympic title left for Sauser to win :)

Specialized riders are currently dominating world cycling and mountain biking.

Current Tour De France leader : Stefan Schumacher
World Cross Country MTB Marathon winner : Christoph Sauser
World Cross Country MTB Champion : Christoph Sauser
World 4x Champion : Rafa Alvarez
World Junior XC Champion: Peter Sagan
World Cup XC Champion (2007) and current leader (2008) : Christoph Sauser
Ironman European Champion : Chris McCormack

Just the Olympic title left for Sauser to win :)

The bike may not be the only reason why Schumacher is currently in the yellow jersey though - he seems a little suspect to me in terms of doping.

I know everyone is at it in cycling but there are different levels :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom