Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For road I use : Continental Travel Contact
User reviews here : http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Reviews.aspx?ModelID=18822

18822.jpg
18822-1.jpg

I'd go with a proper road tyre. Why do you need small knobblies on the edges?

Of all the online stores I've used, none can touch Wiggle for their customer service and general efficiency. I've never had an order that hasn't arrived the morning after I placed it and that's always been using the free delivery service. And their returns policy is second-to-none.

But that doesn't necessarily mean they are the cheapest, if that's the most important thing to you, and they don't always carry the products we all want. Occasionally I'll use Merlin or MTB-Direct if they are significanty cheaper or stock something Wiggle don't.

I try and avoid CRC where possible as I've had a couple of issues with them that they've failed to resolve, but by and large they're a thoroughly decent e-tailer, if the price is right.

EDIT: Forgot to say I'm a firm believe in supporting your LBS or at least giving them the opportunity to match online prices or offer you some sort of deal. It's they who need your money most, providing they deserve it.

I've gone off spending money at my usual LBS as they simply cannot be bothered to show any interest towards it.

Last edited:
I pretty much use Wiggle and Evanscycles all the time. No problems at all with those.

Anyway, got a question. Ive noticed a creaking noise coming from the front end on my bike. Its happing when I got over 10-15mph or when I go over a slight bump. Im thinking it could be something to do with the front rim. Maybe the spokes that tight enough and the noise is coming from the hub?

Generally I use Merlin - great quick service, but they've quite often got orders wrong. Great returns service, and in most cases when you order something that's wrong/out of stock they bump it up to the next model up for nothing. Between a mate and I we've done quite well from Merlin in that respect! :) I've used CRC in the past and again not had a problem. Same for Wiggle. :)

I do use my LBS for most small bits and bobs - grips, GT85, cleaning fluids and general servicing of the bike. Quite often I'll buy the bits online then drop the bike round to the LBS and let them build it up.

On a side note, loving the K-Force bars, can really feel the difference compared to the old alloy bars, and they look the dogs too. I'll stick pics up later on. :)

I pretty much use Wiggle and Evanscycles all the time. No problems at all with those.

Anyway, got a question. Ive noticed a creaking noise coming from the front end on my bike. Its happing when I got over 10-15mph or when I go over a slight bump. Im thinking it could be something to do with the front rim. Maybe the spokes that tight enough and the noise is coming from the hub?
It's quite often cause by the headset/spacer stack not being properly aligned with the stearer tube.

Edinburgh Cycles the best by far? ROFL. If anything they are the worst by far!

Examples:

"excuse me, how much are those Boxer forks? - I'm not sure, check on the RS web site, that'll tell you!"

"The pistons on my Hope Mini's are stuck, how do I fix it? - With a screwdriver"

Worst service and never budge on Retail prices...ever!

CRC have been faultless for me, as have Merlin and Wiggle!

I'm getting a click sound when I pedal, usually once per rotation. Can't figure what's making the noise. I thought it was the shifter cable end rubbing against the chainset crank but it's not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom